All-Star Jersey Shore Clip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yet what the parody did show did happen. Chelsea did not just dub in the words into PA's mouth.
you just like pushing peoples buttons don't you?
you can have your opinion, but don't you dare call her a disgrace to coaching. because she obviously is doing something right if her sm sr team beat suns and weather girls. you don't know how things go on in the gym. you can say you dont like how it was portrayed but calling a coach a disgrace is way too far.

you just like pushing peoples buttons don't you?
you can have your opinion, but don't you dare call her a disgrace to coaching. because she obviously is doing something right if her sm sr team beat suns and weather girls. you don't know how things go on in the gym. you can say you dont like how it was portrayed but calling a coach a disgrace is way too far.
I didn't mean to call her a disgrace, the word sort of...popped out. My apologies.

who are you to call CJA a terrible example of cheer! they were always big competition for my gym and they are highly competitive "we are the deal, deal, mess wit us get (schwing)... thats cutt throat"
Read my other comments on here, that wasn't what I meant. I accidentally said cheerleading when I meant coaching. I bet they do have fantastic teams, I just don't agree with the coaching strategy.

@mndance not the way to build a good rep for yourself on the board especially if you're planning on anyone taking your posts seriously...

With that said, I'm on the fence about this one. The purpose of Chelsea Handler's show is to parody so obviously the clip shown on her show can not be taken seriously. As far as the the actual show itself, I watched the pilot and it looks like the network did a great job of shedding light on the positive aspects of the coach as well. The interviews show her athletes commending her as a coach, saying how great she is. However the casual use of "b****" does seem a bit far.

I can tell you that before I cheered at Extreme several years ago, I was at another gym and heard absolute horror stories about @Ceacoach :) Seriously though... crazy stuff about how ruthless and terrible of a person she was. Needless to say Courtney is absolutely adored by her athletes, their parents, and so many others in the industry. She is tough, but it's tough love. And I'd say it's gotten her pretty far.

So until you actually know the person or coach, you can make all the judgments you want, but you're really not in a position to make a correct one.. We also have to remember that TV shows purpose is to entertain. While a network might be interested in showing competitive cheerleading, their number 1 priority is to bring in the views for business sake, so remember while the B word can't be edited into her mouth, other editing can certainly give a skewed perception and is not the best source to pull a character judgment.

Read my other comments on here, that wasn't what I meant. I accidentally said cheerleading when I meant coaching. I bet they do have fantastic teams, I just don't agree with the coaching strategy.
I understand what you were trying to say but you need to be carefully what you say because the fierceboard community will eat you a live. Just make sure you say what you mean && be ready to back it up! ;)

And while you will stand by your opinion of what you have observed, I will stand by mine. Even if Chelsea had posted unedited clips of CJA's staff or involved "nicer" clips, I still would call CJA's coach a disgrace to the coaching world. You NEVER say that stuff to someone. EVER. End of discussion.

I would suggest that you watch the whole program before making a judgement like that. It clearly shows that she is both tough AND loving toward her girls. They respect her, and they want to please her. If they are unhappy, they have the right to leave. Speaking as someone who used to coach at a gym near CJA, we had a few girls join our program after a year at CJA because of how "mean" they were. To be honest, I had these girls on my team and they were disrespectful, fooled around at practice, and had parents who refused to teach their kids to take responsibility for their misbehavior. I understood why they left CJA. They are a no-nonsense program- you come in, you work hard, you look good, you win. Kids who are undisciplined and parents who take criticism personally will not thrive in that environment.

CJA has been a force to be reckoned with in NJ cheerleading since its inception. That is due to good coaching, plain and simple. They are the most technically solid gym around, which equates to being the safest, imo. Patty Ann obviously knows her kids well, and knows how far she can take things with them. And to everyone who is up in arms about the b**** comment... if you can say it on tv or radio, which kids tune into everyday, then who cares? It's not like she CALLED them bitches, she was using it to motivate. I'm not saying I'd say the same, but it would really not bother me in the least if I were a parent.

Plus, as mentioned many times before, NJ is NJ... It's funny, because you seem to think Patty Ann is so darn rude, but actually your posts toward the program are disgusting. I'm guessing you don't have a whole lot of interaction with other humans in Minnesota. We may have foul mouths, but we're not insensitive people who go blasting people they don't know on a public forum without doing their research first.

I watched the Jersey Cheer video, you can see that she cares so much about her girls and she only does it to make them improve and to make them win.
Good job CJA, and I wouldn't disrespect them since they have beaten the best teams in the country.

I would hope the end skit is fake :p

But seriously, CJA is a terrible example of cheerleading. Just pathetic.
this is where i correct you.. because you know and cant deny your coach has yelled at you before.. Patty Ann is only strict when she NEEDS to be .. but of course TV producer only put this kinda crap in for one reason only .. MORE viewers.. i can promise you CJA is NOT as bad as this show makes it seem

Ahhh! When you get to the scene when Patty Ann is telling everyone what she thinks about them at the sleepover and she gets to Kriselle, you can see how much she cares about the team (I nearly cried at that part)
Patty Ann is my new favourite coach! I wish she was my coach :(

I read your other comments. You make strong statements. :confused: Opinions are fine, but if you don't temper them a bit, you may find yourself nominated for best catfight sometime. ;) I could not believe your post when I read it.:eek:

And for the record, I think the Chelsea Handler bit was hilarious. There are threads on this board that make me cringe way more than that skit. And may I point out, that @mndance, you have something in common with Patty Ann, you make bold and strong statements. :D Me being a Southerner, I am thinking "Bless your heart"...and we all know what that means when a Southerner says that.;)

Does anyone really believe that people outside the sport will think this clip on Chelsea Handler's show represents all-star cheerleading in the real world??...I seriously doubt it! It was meant to be funny and ridiculous. I guess these same people also think that Sue Sylvester is a good representation of a cheerleading coach..haha! As far as the Jersey Cheer show goes that horse was declared dead and continually beaten in the other thread....

Back