OT Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 9, 2012
I was watching the parade on TV and there was a "Macy's Varsity Cheer Team" They said they chose people from across the US. I was really impressed! They were throwing back tuck baskets and actually putting up stunts! My parents were joking around saying "Hey, you should somehow be apart of that next year!" But i'm actually curious, how did they get to be apart of that? So cool!

In the early 2000's you used to qualify at NCA camp by being selected as an NCA All Star (Or All American? I lost my ribbon and can't remember the name). I know they also mentioned Disney's Christmas Parade, the Pro-Bowl in Hawaii, and a few other events too. Hence 'Varsity' Cheer team. It may have changed.

I think it is composed of kids that have made All American at NCA camps? But I could be wrong. I think Level5Mom cp was part of it one year?

UCA offered the Macy's Parade to those seniors and juniors that made all american at camp. At least, that's what I remember.

NCA and UCA all Americans who are seniors or captains can go. Maybe juniors too? I was all-American as a freshman and since that was the only year we were going to NCA camp (still at jr high, who does NCA, high school does private choreo camp) I wanted to go, but wasn't old enough. I did the Disney Christmas one though!

From what I hear it fills up fast so not everyone who goes to camp and gets picked gets to be in it. If you go to camp with your school early in the summer you probably will.

In the early 2000's you used to qualify at NCA camp by being selected as an NCA All Star (Or All American? I lost my ribbon and can't remember the name). I know they also mentioned Disney's Christmas Parade, the Pro-Bowl in Hawaii, and a few other events too. Hence 'Varsity' Cheer team. It may have changed.

I did the Pro Bowl when I was in high school, I got the bid at camp. But it wasn't a Varsity company and Varsity didn't organize it unless things changed. Fun trip though!

Stingrays did the Macy's Tree Lighting tonight. It's shown locally in the Atlanta area. This is the 3rd year and they put on a great show. They are referred to as the "Macy's Allstar Team" in the piece.

I was watching the parade on TV and there was a "Macy's Varsity Cheer Team" They said they chose people from across the US. I was really impressed! They were throwing back tuck baskets and actually putting up stunts! My parents were joking around saying "Hey, you should somehow be apart of that next year!" But i'm actually curious, how did they get to be apart of that? So cool!
I think the people in the back that are stunting are part of collegiate staff for UCA and NCA. Not positive though.

I think the people in the back that are stunting are part of collegiate staff for UCA and NCA. Not positive though.

I was wondering how they were able to get away with those stunts with high school kids. Now it makes sense.

Probably. That's what they did at the Disney Christmas one... The cheerleaders did a dancey routine and the staff stunted

I did the Pro Bowl when I was in high school, I got the bid at camp. But it wasn't a Varsity company and Varsity didn't organize it unless things changed. Fun trip though!

I did the pro bowl too! I got it through all-stars though...at certain competitions your coach was able to "nominate" six girls per age-eligible team, and then the judges chose if they qualified. It really was a blast!

Back