All-Star Nca Day 2 Updates (saturday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd rather have a broken arm than a broken neck or even a severe concussion, a little extreme but it could happen. Using our hands to break a fall is a protective reaction built into our brain, kinda like a reflex. So most of the time people will do it without thinking.

I totally understand that, and fortunately she was fine. And I understand the reaction thing, I see athletes do it all the time. I broke my arm as a kid trying to catch myself. I'm actually just pretty pissed that a fall like that happened to begin with. From the video I saw, it didn't even appear that there was an attempt made to catch her which is super unacceptable at this level of cheerleading. Or any level actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stingray Crystal. Y U always drop stunts?!?!

ETA: Emphasis on the "s". Every time I watch them they drop multiple stunts :(

it's been a tough year for them. they've had a ton of setbacks and roster changes due to injuries, but they are pushing! they've been having better practices and are moving forward. Day 2 was much better for them. They are moving forward to pull out some great performances for UCA and worlds! Judges loved them this weekend so that was a great confidence booster. All but maybe 4 girls have been on a worlds team so this is also a learning experience for them :)

Pet peeve. That's all. Add another girl. Do the two mans, and the 9 stunts. There's no guarantee that, based on percentages, having 8 vs 9 will make that big a difference in your score (increase it); particularly, if you make a mistake (it will cost you). My opinion. My pet peeve.
I agree....unfortunately, we had a girl quit last week and because of the NCA requirements of crossovers, we really had no other options but to go out with 35 this weekend. I think it definitely affected our team this weekend. Along with the crazy weather/travel issues.

it's been a tough year for them. they've had a ton of setbacks and roster changes due to injuries, but they are pushing! they've been having better practices and are moving forward. Day 2 was much better for them. They are moving forward to pull out some great performances for UCA and worlds! Judges loved them this weekend so that was a great confidence booster. All but maybe 4 girls have been on a worlds team so this is also a learning experience for them :)

I figured as much. I love their routine and hope they can pull it together soon!

I was so happy to hear when an athlete with the initials DT was going to be on Crystal earlier in the season, but then I found out she had to quit due to issues with her knee; she was great on Steel last season so I was excited to see her perform with Crystal this season. I had high hopes for Crystal at Cheersport and NCA especially after they earned their bid, but I understand now that it's been a rough season for them. Definitely looking forward to them bringing it at UCA and Worlds, they have my support!

ETA: I just realised they went from 20th after day 1 to 11th after finals, kudos to them on the giant leap!!

Last edited:
Smoed isn't the only team where people get salty about busts/falls, so let's not make them out to be martyrs for the cause. A very lovely lady in black and gold busted her pass at Worlds/NCA and people gave her a hard time for it. Day 2 both competitions she nailed her pass, turned and waved to the crowd. It shut that nastiness up right quick. It's not even my team, but I was glad to see her hit it.

Smoed isn't the only team where people get salty about busts/falls, so let's not make them out to be martyrs for the cause. A very lovely lady in black and gold busted her pass at Worlds/NCA and people gave her a hard time for it. Day 2 both competitions she nailed her pass, turned and waved to the crowd. It shut that nastiness up right quick. It's not even my team, but I was glad to see her hit it.
I loved when she did that! She was like "Hi haters!" Lol

I remember when the milk house went crazy when she landed that last pass in her allstar cheer career. And I think all of the fierceboarders watching worlds were screaming at home at the same time.

I loved when she did that! She was like "Hi haters!" Lol
I remember when the milk house went crazy when she landed that last pass in her allstar cheer career. And I think all of the fierceboarders watching worlds were screaming at home at the same time.
It was the most polite, cheerful wave. I totally had a Meryl moment on that one.

I was sobbing, because that last wave was more like a "goodbye." way to finish her all star career on a high note.

I didn't realized she waved till someone posted a vine of her pass n wave.

Her phone was taken away after Day 1 so she wouldn't see the haters comments. it's pretty sad that people have nothing better to do then rip mistakes apart. Athletes work hard and are perfectionists - last thing any of them want is to make a mistake esp in front of thousands of people and on something that they have nailed 9 times out 10.

I miss the cheer world but don't miss it. The drama is enough to drive you out. Thankfully no drama in the A&T world.

I didn't realized she waved till someone posted a vine of her pass n wave.

Her phone was taken away after Day 1 so she wouldn't see the haters comments. it's pretty sad that people have nothing better to do then rip mistakes apart. Athletes work hard and are perfectionists - last thing any of them want is to make a mistake esp in front of thousands of people and on something that they have nailed 9 times out 10.

I miss the cheer world but don't miss it. The drama is enough to drive you out. Thankfully no drama in the A&T world.
I'm glad she's doing well. True story, I stood up and clapped when she nailed it. Always good to go out on a high note.

As well as fan's and parents in all of our different color's..........literally the whole milkhouse was cheering her on!! It's one of those memories!

Kelsey is the queen. Such a great role model for younger girls. I adore her. I traded shirts with her and she even wrote me a letter which I will keep forever.

ETA:
Everytime this come on my dashboard on tumblr I have to reblogg it:

Why I have the utmost respect for Kelsey Rule
She was invited to Shooting Stars in 2007 because of her TALENT and level 5 skills at the age of twelve. Her coaches saw something very, very special in her at a very young age and ended up raising one of the most respected cheerleaders in the country. She is arguably the best female tumbler to come out of World Cup with the exception of Jessica Betar. Through her rise to “cheerlebrity” stardom, Kelsey remained humble and kind, and was never exploited by her gym, her parents, or any companies for promotions. There were no Kelsey Rule signed scented bows. No Kelsey Rule autograph booths. Never a single advertisement for ANYTHING on any of her social media pages. She promoted World Cup by being phenomenal on the floor. She didn’t cheer for the fame or the recognition. She cheered for the sheer love of the sport and the love for her team. Through adversity from a difficult 2013 season she remained positive and polite, never speaking badly about anyone. Not even those who would intentionally tweet disrespectfully at her. She took home a bronze medal with dignity and pride, and her last pass shook the Milkhouse to the floor. She retired a 3x World Champion, and has left a legacy at World Cup that I doubt anyone will ever top. Kelsey Rule, I, along with the rest of the cheer world, will miss you dearly, and wish you good luck in all of your future endeavors. Xoxo

Back