All-Star Nca - Day 2 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Definitely not the place to ask, but what is the new NCA count for all the gyms. Like the big gyms!? I think saw Cali win quite a bit and a few Stingray teams. I'd also like to know how many teams they brought / and the number of teams that won! Wasn't there something like this last year!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't be as old as I am-kids that cheered with me at my old gym were on that team!

:(:(:(:(:( Old lady here. I miss the whole Nor Cal cheer scene from back in the day!

Me too!!!...I loved me some Old School Nor Cal, So Cal and Champion Outlaws! I'm a east coast cheerleader by heart but the West Coast innovation back then was mind blowing to me! I've always idolized that West Coast Style of Choreo!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I guess I'm confused, but I thought there would be a paid bid given in each of the level 5 worlds division. No one from medium coed or large coed received a bid and in other divisions two teams got paid bids. I'm assuming it reverted to score but that wasn't how I read the bid declaration. How and when do the make th decision to award them different then the bid declaration said and did the teams know the would do this? Just thinking of a team like WC odyssey that would hav been in lin for h paid in medium coed but didn't get it. Would that have been a surprise to them?

The division winners were first in line for the paid bids. But if the champions already had one, the bid wasn't passed down within the division, it was passed down to the highest scoring paid-bid-less team whatever division they were in.

The division winners were first in line for the paid bids. But if the champions already had one, the bid wasn't passed down within the division, it was passed down to the highest scoring paid-bid-less team whatever division they were in.

Oh okay. That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.

Another note from yesterday's comp.. Kind of disturbed me.

A mom from Palm Beach Lightning had a daughter crying because they didn't win. My daughter and me were walking by and she loudly says look at her..look at those new NCA jackets they are ugly, see her jacket is so ugly and cheap be glad you didn't win.

I wanted her to know I heard her and it was kind of rude as my daughter is now feeling different about the jacket she just earned.

So I turned to her and said yes you are right they aren't as nice as the old ones..

Then she basically turns this in to well we got this one last year and it's so nice and the sleeves are better and the jacket is better blah blah blah and like gloating about like rubbing it our face ...like this conversation was no longer to her kid. It was to me, and she was gloating about it I literally thought she was drunk ...

I wanted to be like look lady we weren't even the team that beat you. My daughter is in a completely different level that didn't go against y'all. Yes say the jackets are ugly or whatever you want but I'm sorry I don't care that you got a better one last year.

A mom from Palm Beach Lightning had a daughter crying because they didn't win. My daughter and me were walking by and she loudly says look at her..look at those new NCA jackets they are ugly, see her jacket is so ugly and cheap be glad you didn't win.

I wanted her to know I heard her and it was kind of rude as my daughter is now feeling different about the jacket she just earned.

So I turned to her and said yes you are right they aren't as nice as the old ones..

Then she basically turns this in to well we got this one last year and it's so nice and the sleeves are better and the jacket is better blah blah blah and like gloating about like rubbing it our face ...like this conversation was no longer to her kid. It was to me, and she was gloating about it I literally thought she was drunk ...

I wanted to be like look lady we weren't even the team that beat you. My daughter is in a completely different level that didn't go against y'all. Yes say the jackets are ugly or whatever you want but I'm sorry I don't care that you got a better one last year.

This bothers me. The approach to consoling a kid should NEVER be to discount first place. You hype up what they did and what place they did got, but you never try to tear down the winners. You also hold your tears until you get to your car/home/hotel room. It's okay to be sad...it's not okay to be a sore loser. Obviously that's from the coaching standpoint, but this is how we have so many young adults that won't work for their goals.

Last edited:

this + did anyone see a picture on tumblr with girls from that gym in "swimsuit"?

Because owner has to give some lessons to his athletes and their parents.

I expect this list to change a little, several of the at-large teams listed already have bids. One of them already has a paid actually.

Which one has paid? I definitely noticed a handful of them have bids already, and I'm going to go to the USASF bid page as soon as I'm at a computer to make sure they're listed.

Which one has paid? I definitely noticed a handful of them have bids already, and I'm going to go to the USASF bid page as soon as I'm at a computer to make sure they're listed.

On the original list MWE Diamondkatz were listed, it looks like they took them off and replaced them with Step One Phenom. But there were 3 or 4 teams that have an at-large according to the USASF site that are listed too.

How is Infinity grand champs of NCA? Weren't there teams who scored higher than them in other divisions?

Technically, yes. Some of the level 6 teams scored over a 100. But their max score is 107 for IO6 and 114 for ioc6. So a 98 out of 100 is a much better score than a 105/114.

Last edited:
I don't have a level 5 Worlds CP (yet) nor does our gym have a Worlds team (yet), so I never really thought much about the complaint that there are too many at-large bids until today when I saw the list. When a team gets second to last with 17 teams in the division and gets an at-large bid is just ridiculous. I know there are a few teams who have scored very well and some have even medaled with at-large bids, but when you only have one athlete that has a double then that team has no business going to Worlds...unless of course you are of the opinion of going "for the experience".

I don't have a level 5 Worlds CP (yet) nor does our gym have a Worlds team (yet), so I never really thought much about the complaint that there are too many at-large bids until today when I saw the list. When a team gets second to last with 17 teams in the division and gets an at-large bid is just ridiculous. I know there are a few teams who have scored very well and some have even medaled with at-large bids, but when you only have one athlete that has a double then that team has no business going to Worlds...unless of course you are of the opinion of going "for the experience".
I 100% agree that there are way too many bids. I believe I calculated 9 teams that left NCA without some type of bid and 4 teams that were listed as receiving an at-large bid already had one so that will probably make it 5 teams. If I remember right last year NCA wasn't able to give out all of the bids they had because everyone had one. When it gets this late in the season it seems that just about everybody gets a bid at comps and some comps actually have too many bids to even give out. Some people like it and like that teams get to have the "experience", but I don't think Worlds should be about the experience, it should only be the best teams.

Back