High School Nca H.s. Nationals Warm Up Time

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 3, 2015
The team I'm coaching is going to nationals for the first time this year. I would like to start preparing them for how the warm up process goes, however, we won't get that information until closer to the competition. Does anyone have knowledge about how warm ups have been ran in the past so I can start to have them practice that way? Thanks in advance

No idea about NCA nationals. I've only done UCA. I'm assuming they're similar though. If I remember correctly we got a full floor to warm up and stayed there the whole time. Can't remember how long we had though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent been in the warm up room for HS nationals since 2010-11 ish so dont quote me on this, but I am pretty sure there are rotations in the order of stunting panels, tumbling panels and then full floor (at least there used to be). 6-7 min for each? Something like that.
The warm up room can be a hike depending on what hall or arena you are performing in at Dallas conv center, so keep that in mind.

I havent been in the warm up room for HS nationals since 2010-11 ish so dont quote me on this, but I am pretty sure there are rotations in the order of stunting panels, tumbling panels and then full floor (at least there used to be). 6-7 min for each? Something like that.
The warm up room can be a hike depending on what hall or arena you are performing in at Dallas conv center, so keep that in mind.
Thank you! this is helpful. If anyone else knows specific information please share.

Thank you! this is helpful. If anyone else knows specific information please share.
Usually we would always stretch and warm up a bit (mark routine,etc.) before actually going in, as it is a big warm up room usually and can be overwhelming for girls that have not competed at NCA before. It can be an A side and B side going in the same rotation format (so 6 teams warming up via 2 different sides if I remember correctly), though this could increase/decrease depending on how many teams are competing on each stage.
If they are prepared about it being a lot of teams in one place and go in already mentally ready to not pay attention to other teams, it can help lessen the intimidation factor.
My other reccomendation would be to emphasize staying warm when traveling to the competition up until stretching time....it tends to be cold in January for Dallas + some of the halls have concrete flooring which makes for cold muscles if your girls sit down to stretch there. Find carpeting to stretch on and keep the warm up pants on until right before warm ups (unless the heaters are blasted).

5 min "stretch" mat, 5 min "tumbling" mat, 8 min "max out" mat (however you can utlitze the mats as you wish)

It's varied through the the years.. Sometimes there is only a Big Max out mat.. And you get 15 min. (Championships are this way)
UCA and NCA very similar
They will usually send coach warm up guidelines beforehand

The team I'm coaching is going to nationals for the first time this year. I would like to start preparing them for how the warm up process goes, however, we won't get that information until closer to the competition. Does anyone have knowledge about how warm ups have been ran in the past so I can start to have them practice that way? Thanks in advance
You get 6 min each mat with a three mat rotation. what school are you going to be there with ?

You get 6 min each mat with a three mat rotation. what school are you going to be there with ?
Thanks for this information. Our school has a social media policy that makes it impossible for me to state. We are in a non tumbling division though.

Random, but how much is NCA nationals per girl? I was wondering on my drive home what the pricing difference is between UCA and NCA. I imagine NCA is cheaper but have no clue!

Random, but how much is NCA nationals per girl? I was wondering on my drive home what the pricing difference is between UCA and NCA. I imagine NCA is cheaper but have no clue!
It's a little over 300 for each girl for registration and hotel. Add in a bus to get there is 450 a girl for everything

Bringing this thread back up because I didn't feel like creating a new thread. Anyone know when they will send out a schedule to coaches. I'm getting eager over here.

Bringing this thread back up because I didn't feel like creating a new thread. Anyone know when they will send out a schedule to coaches. I'm getting eager over here.
It generally comes out about a week before (Wednesday-ish) before the competition.

Back