All-Star Nca/nda Reminder: Appropriate Choreography, Music, And Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes, we sent out an email specifically requesting that you do NOT seek Amy in your routine. She was not good for you.

What's wrong with 'you spin me right round..." ?? Am I stupid for not understanding that one?

I think she got the lyrics wrong. "You spend my head right round when you go"....rhymes with round.

That song?

Not the most family friendly tune lol

As I posted in the 18 plus thread (did not realize this was brought up in both threads) our j3 had this last year and they went to NCA and UCA with it. Lol

It was their dance.. The thing is unless you know what it means I don't think you would pick up on it... I don't think any parents were sitting in the audience saying omg..

Plus their dance is cute!

I think she got the lyrics wrong. "You spend my head right round when you go"....rhymes with round.

That song?

Not the most family friendly tune lol

Hmm...my then 8 yo danced to that last season. I feel naive and dirty. I thought it was about a girl spending all his money :/. Where's the awkward cow???

Hmm...my then 8 yo danced to that last season. I feel naive and dirty. I thought it was about a girl spending all his money :/. Where's the awkward cow???

I mean you could be right as well....I don't listen to rap really so I never obtained the full message of the song...

And I remember teams a few years ago having that "you spin me right round" song in their music. Really??

bisdut.jpg

I just realized there could be an alternate meaning to that song...

"Uniform tops may not include an exposed midriff (crop top) except when worn by athletes competing in Senior divisions"

What about gyms who have half tops for their Juniors? USASF hasn't implemented this rule for this year across the board, right?

"Uniform tops may not include an exposed midriff (crop top) except when worn by athletes competing in Senior divisions"

What about gyms who have half tops for their Juniors? USASF hasn't implemented this rule for this year across the board, right?

This is included in the rule book on the page just before the section you quoted:
"(Appropriate Uniform goes into effect with the 2015 - 2016 season)"

I mean you could be right as well....I don't listen to rap really so I never obtained the full message of the song...
From the top of the pole I watch her go down? She got me throwin my money around? Something in there about shaking her booty?

...Granted, I miss stuff sometimes, but I don't know how you missed THAT one.

From the top of the pole I watch her go down? She got me throwin my money around? Something in there about shaking her booty?

...Granted, I miss stuff sometimes, but I don't know how you missed THAT one.

I don't listen to rap and consequently have never heard the whole song. I've heard the intro on a pop 40 station so that is how I thought I may have know the song they were referring to.

Which is also why I implied that maybe the version she heard (edited) could have had an alternate message

I don't listen to rap and consequently have never heard the whole song. I've heard the intro on a pop 40 station so that is how I thought I may have know the song they were referring to.

Which is also why I implied that maybe the version she heard (edited) could have had an alternate message
Points on both. I'm not a rap person myself, but I've heard it enough on top 40 radio that I assumed it was pretty clear. Plus if it's rap/hip hop, there's a good chance you want to scroll the lyrics before putting it in a mix just to be safe..especially for senior and under :p

I only know these lyrics DEAD OR ALIVE - YOU SPIN ME ROUND LYRICS and always assumed the cover version would be the same.
But anyway, isn't this taking it a little too far or is it just me? I don't really see any big deal with the cover version as well. It might be a US thing, though. ;)

Back