All-Star Nca/nda Reminder: Appropriate Choreography, Music, And Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No disrespect intended because I agree that songs should be clean, but one day the kids will be doing routines to the 5th symphony because of all the songs that will get put on the 'do not use' list.

Honestly idk how anyone could miss the meaning of FloRidas version of you spin me OR the whistle song. The innuendo isn't even subtle enough to be called innuendo.
Most awkward moment of my life was hearing a 7 year old girl sing that. I just wanted to grab her parents (who were walking with her), and shake them screaming 'DO YOU KNOW WHAT MUSIC YOUR CHILDREN ARE LISTENING TO!?!?'

Granted, I also know the other 'Whistle Song', which is basically similar in terms of concept but has a different beat. And is on DDR..

If someone puts "Mercy" by Kanye in their routine, someone needs to send me a link ASAP. I'm pretty sure there's no way to make that even close to acceptable for cheer music.

From the top of the pole I watch her go down? She got me throwin my money around? Something in there about shaking her booty?

...Granted, I miss stuff sometimes, but I don't know how you missed THAT one.
Oh wow that's definitely not what I got from it. I mean, my interpretation was dirty too (possibly moreso), but I don't think I noticed the line about the pole or shaking her booty... oops.
we used to have "three" by britney spears. and the milkshake song.... it was interesting.... luckily our routine was, like, G rated so it wasn't like we were being provocative or anything.
side note, some HS team who went to the same regionals as us used that mix. It was super awkward. We didn't see them but we were like "Is that our mix....?" granted it was like 2 years old but still... I can't imagine the HS judges (who deducted 16 points because our uniform tops came up a bit and they saw our stomach) liked that...

Yes, we sent out an email specifically requesting that you do NOT seek Amy in your routine. She was not good for you.

What's wrong with 'you spin me right round..." ?? Am I stupid for not understanding that one?
Had to laugh when I watched the Majors video promoting CA Cheetahs....I guess Jamfest doesn't understand that one either!

For the cover up rule portion, I'm going to suggest to our gym owner that we get each athlete a "forever lazy". :p
34z0qcn.jpg
[/IMG]

Coaches, Gym Owners, and Choreographers,
As you finish the first round of competitions this season, I wanted to remind anyone attending an upcoming NCA & NDA event, including NCA & NDA All-Star Nationals, that your choreography, music selection, and uniforms should be appropriate for “family-viewing”. If the judges determine a section of your routine to not meet our standards, a warning or deduction will be issued. I realize that NCA & NDA are stricter with this policy than almost all other event producers (a reputation we're actually OK with), but it should be the goal of everyone to make sure we are proud of all-star cheer and dance!

Remember, even today's most popular songs on the radio include sections and lyrics that are not necessarily appropriate by our company's standards. For example, “Gangnam Style” is being used in many routines, sometimes including parts of the chorus that feature the words “sexy lady”. The song itself isn’t inappropriate, but it might be a good idea to not highlight “sexy” during your routine.

Unfortunately, interpreting inappropriate choreography is subjective and “grey” at best. My best advice to you is, "if you are questioning the appropriateness, you should probably take it out."

Remember, this policy isn’t new to NCA & NDA. Creating a positive and healthy image for all-star cheer and dance will always be a priority. We’d like your continued partnership on this project as you work with the coaches and athletes at your gyms to ensure your routines are in compliance with these expectations!

So here my thing are all this gym really going to receive the deduction for teams talking about other gyms in there routine (ACE Warriors) for having voice over say were about to give you a cheer-gasm (Cail). . . .other voice overs . . . . .

We are your Fantasy (PCM)
Take a seat grab a drink? (AZ Power)
Mafia going to take you down (Cail)
BABS (CA)
She just gag on a fierce O/ So if you want a taste let me see your O face (WC)

There a ton more from other teams just ones that stick out off the top of my head
Things like this are suggestive to anyone if they only hear one part of it so will these team receive deductions??????

So here my thing are all this gym really going to receive the deduction for teams talking about other gyms in there routine (ACE Warriors) for having voice over say were about to give you a cheer-gasm (Cail). . . .other voice overs . . . . .

BABS (CA)

There a ton more from other teams just ones that stick out off the top of my head
Things like this are suggestive to anyone if they only hear one part of it so will these team receive deductions??????
For man of the voiceovers you quoted, I'm not hearing anything wrong. But in general, remember deductions and warnings can only be given by judges for things the judges hear and find inappropriate. I would imagine there are plenty of references that get by because the judges don't catch it. Is that terribly consistent? No, but the judges can only call what they catch AND what they, as a panel, find inappropriate.

Speaking of not understanding song lyrics, one of my friends younger sisters, a junior in high school, just figured out what save a horse ride a cowboy was about...

She also learned that the true meaning of the whistle song, that county line road actually divides two counties (shocker!) and that lib is short for liberty...

BABS (CA)

Other than babs and odyssey I don't agree that they are inappropriate.
And babs are babs. Not a lie. Lol

Back