Need Your Opinions On High School Cheer Comp

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by emhoss, Feb 5, 2013.

1. emhoss

emhoss I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Brooke High competed at OVACs this past weekend, and lost. This year we blew everyone out of the water at regionals and won the WV State championship, beating the team that beat us at OVACs both times. A lot of people are outraged at our loss, and outraged with the way this competition is ran/judged, and now we need your help. Our coaches are trying to prove a point to the program, so we would like outside, unbiased opinions. PLEASE watch these videos and honestly tell us who you think the winners should have been.

2. chyeeaaa69

chyeeaaa69 The Beygency. . best GIFs/Memes

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Every joint in my body just cringed... Tumbling like that on a basketball court? Why is this a thing...?

3. chyeeaaa69

chyeeaaa69 The Beygency. . best GIFs/Memes

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Should have added my opinion, but I watched again.
    In my opinion the first routine was, overall, a better routine. It was more about the transitions, the motions, and the everything in between the incredible tumbling. The second routine was all about the tumbling and nothing else, and I don't think the second team had enough of an advantage in the difficulty or execution of tumbling to beat the first team. Take this with a grain of salt as I have zero clue what this competition's scoresheet is like, but just from watching the two, that's how I feel.

4. KING-EVOLUTION

KING-EVOLUTION When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I thought the winners in my opinion was Brooke the second video..
    Had nice clean tumbling, timing looked good, to me they had more energy than the other team who I thought was still outstanding, compared to any HS team I've seen in Cali where I'm from, I saw couple tumbling errors with the team in white, but I'm stil in ahh with these teams throwing all that tumbling on that floor, I would be sure I don't eat it lol
    And I'm upset they have Kyle blitch music ;) lol
    But the second team in my opinion should had one very clean, liked all the team tumbling they did
    (But how about some of that Cali Ace music??)

5. ErinS

ErinS Slow your roll, Sparkle. World Champion GIF Poster

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    In my opinion the first team was better. Better choreo (all though I wasn't really hear for what I believe was a dance...I watched them both on mute) better transitions, better formations and I believe they had an advantage on cleanliness...I think their uniforms really helped them look cleaner from this far away.

But like chyeeaaa69 said...I don't know the score sheet.

I hope one day they get yall some mats.

6. BelieveinM.E.

BelieveinM.E. I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    West Virginia has the craziest rules and compete on gym floors for schools. It's insane to me, too-and I live here!

7. SparkleSpankies

SparkleSpankies I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    After watching I saw positives of both. Team 1 (1st video) the transitions were a lot more visual and they really didn't stop at all.

Team 2 was a lot more synchro and there was a lot more power and emphasis on team skills.

I do not know the scoresheet however, by a slight margin, I feel team 1 may have had the edge.

Both had some amazing tumbling that is just extremely impressive!

8. AllstarErin

AllstarErin I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I thought the teams were pretty much equally matched. Again, it's hard to say without seeing the scoresheet. From your music I am guessing you were reigning champions. Sometimes, unfortunately due to judges being people, it can be harder for the defending team as everyone is expecting perfection from them.

Both teams did an awesome job but unfortunately with competitive sports everyone can't be the winner. You just need to accept that it was that teams turn and use it to fuel the fire to work harder and come back next year leaving no doubt in the judges minds that you are above and beyond the other teams.

Again, both teams should be very proud of their performances!

9. WorkToWin

WorkToWin Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    1. Sore losers and bad sportsmanship
    2. This is the allstar section
    3. You need mats

10. dustinfromdiamonds

dustinfromdiamonds I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I've watched both videos... I keep getting distracted by the tumbling... what

11. LoveOnTop

LoveOnTop I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    I think they were both amazing. Brooke caught my eye a bit more with more energy, but WPHS had better choreo. I bet the scores were very close. You both had amazing tumbling and motions. Don't feel bad. You win some, you lose some. You could have lost by .5 of a point because one judge liked the other team better. It definitely wasn't an obvious defeat. At least you had a great season!

12. Cheeranswers

Cheeranswers Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    i cant even think of who's better because im more concerned about their safety.. this should not be allowed on hard wood :eek:

13. GreatWhite92

GreatWhite92 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    my whole body hurts after watching that...every other state can get mats...i don't understand who in there right mind thought that tumbling that intensely on a hard floor is not dangerous to your body. Sure it may not hurt now but you'll be regretting it later on in life.

14. njallday

njallday Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    didn't you used to full last season? guessing that rule changed. or i missed something.

while i'm glad they aren't stunting without mats, if you're allowed to tumble like that why can't you stunt? where is the logic?

and slightly rude sidenote* while you innocently may just be asking a general question, this post makes you look bitter. change your avatar to a picture where you aren't wearing a brooke uniform and i'll take this thread a little more seriously.

15. BuegeSmalls

BuegeSmalls Uni designer and state IDer-Most positive shimmies Blondemafia

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I swear Brooke used to stunt in the past. What happened to that?