All-Star Need Your Opinions On High School Cheer Comp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Forgive my ignorance, but based on the videos I'm assuming that WV schools are not allowed to do stunts?
We can, I'm thinking it was something in the competition they went to. However, we do have rules like no baskets, no fulls.... and its all on the floor without mats, no participating in all stars if you cheer for school until after school competitive season is over with states or regionals, and with approval. I can't coach school unless I give up coaching the same age group in all stars. It's a mess.

didn't you used to full last season? guessing that rule changed. or i missed something.

while i'm glad they aren't stunting without mats, if you're allowed to tumble like that why can't you stunt? where is the logic?

and slightly rude sidenote* while you innocently may just be asking a general question, this post makes you look bitter. change your avatar to a picture where you aren't wearing a brooke uniform and i'll take this thread a little more seriously.

Fulls are no longer allowed in WV.

I'm thinking it might just be this competition that they can't stunt, because you are allowed to stunt in WV and Brooke stunted at Regionals and States this year. That could also be a reason that Brooke won those other two competitions and not this one, maybe you guys had better stunts than them at those competitions, but you didn't have that advantage at this competition.

They looked very close in how they would score, although I do not know the score sheets. I am a huge Brooke fan however, I personally liked the first teams routine a little better.

I'm thinking it might just be this competition that they can't stunt, because you are allowed to stunt in WV and Brooke stunted at Regionals and States this year. That could also be a reason that Brooke won those other two competitions and not this one, maybe you guys had better stunts than them at those competitions, but you didn't have that advantage at this competition.

double post sorry. but i totally agree with this. The stunts from the other competitions probably gave Brooke the lead to take first at both.

Brooke was clearly the better team to me in all aspects of the routine.
The first team didn't have the sharpness & precision that Brooke had.
And the first team had a mistake. One girl ate mat (i mean wood...) in her tumbling pass. :(

I'm AMAZED at how you guys tumble like that on the hard floor. I'd be afraid to do anything on that surface!

The first team was noticeably cleaner overall. The second team had impressive tumbling but I see how the first team would've won. That being said I have no idea what this kind if scoresheet looks like

I really think the white team was slightly better but thats just my opinion. And all you guys are hilarious. Tumbling on hardwood does not feel much different than a mat. At least to me it doesn't.
It doesn't really feel much different to me either but I'm too afraid to do anything harder than a standing tuck on the wood.

It's hard to judge without knowing the scoresheet. I liked the first vid's routine better. The team in the second vid was sharper but the routine seemed to have dead spots.

Those routines seemed so long to me, I have to say that team 1 had more visual formation changes but team 2 had strong team tumbling. To the original poster : Different Judges , different days, things happen. What concerned me with your post was the utter outrage that you seemed to have that the other team could beat you, it was not like you were leaps and bounds above them. Maybe some humility would help.

Back