All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like the Rays uni's even if they aren't the real deal. I think it's an interesting style

It's definately just for the Varsity photoshoot. Look through the Varsity catalog and you'll see they do that with a lot of gyms, even with the intention of that gym never actually wearing the uniform created. It's like any good advertising.....the uniform looks much more appealing for gyms to buy if there is a stingrays logo on it vs. "podunk allstars" since there is a positive association with the Stringrays gym. I mean who wouldn't like to be a Ray?......

A group of my mini's posed in front of the Live! Backdrop and one threw a ray!! lol! And she has no idea about it's meaning in the cheer world. It was awesome!

2ui7pja.jpg

PLEASE tell me that this was just a varsity photoshoot and not an actual rays uni....
I LOVE the one on the right, I actually like it better than the actual uni they have..

IMO i just really love the rays original, classic unis. they look so clean on the mat and i just feel like if they had those it wouldn't feel like rays to me :/

Aren't they the same gym, they just changed their name?

No, not really. Kelly started Az Power Elite in 2003 (if I remember correctly), then in the 2006-2007 season, she lost her gym and rented space from Xtreme gymnastics and cheer, taking on the name Power Xtreme and eventually merging with their cheer program and becoming the head coach in 2009. This season, she opened her own gym again, but Xtreme kept the name Power Xtreme (I believe they may have had the rights to it or something, don't quote me on that), and she changed the name of her gym to Az Power. They are now two separate entities.

Maybe they are for international if they are real?
I hope not though, I'm obsessed with fire/rusts unis from last year.

Back