All-Star New Uniforms 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

4434bad5-ee8a-77bf.jpg

Varsity sneak peek, dream all stars Gaithersburg Maryland...

Ok, I tried to edit but ran out of time. I actually like the style of the back, it's different. Are these two different uniforms? The back does not match the front at all! There's no way those are the same uniform. The stripes on the right arm match up with the chest, but where did the lines on the left arm come from? And that second shoulder strap is way too far into the arm pit. The logo is ill-placed as well. And don't get me going on the ample use of mystique. IT RUBS OFF PEOPLE!! All of these beautiful uniforms will look like garbage from the washing and friction. Please, as a parent paying lots of good money for these uniforms, please, please lay off of the mystique. Everything in moderation. And I can promise you, these new little screenprinted dots, those are going to wear off quick too. Trust me, in my younger years I had articles of clothing with those things on it.

Ok, I tried to edit but ran out of time. I actually like the style of the back, it's different. Are these two different uniforms? The back does not match the front at all! There's no way those are the same uniform. The stripes on the right arm match up with the chest, but where did the lines on the left arm come from? And that second shoulder strap is way too far into the arm pit. The logo is ill-placed as well. And don't get me going on the ample use of mystique. IT RUBS OFF PEOPLE!! All of these beautiful uniforms will look like garbage from the washing and friction. Please, as a parent paying lots of good money for these uniforms, please, please lay off of the mystique. Everything in moderation. And I can promise you, these new little screenprinted dots, those are going to wear off quick too. Trust me, in my younger years I had articles of clothing with those things on it.
99% sure they are the back of two, completely different uniforms. Probably one is level 5 and the other will be their program uni. I personally like the potential the one on the left has!

311850_10150369620062795_723297794_8294309_931590564_n.jpg

The new gym uniform..everyone EXCEPT coed 5, jr 5, and international 5 will be rocking this look.

I just want to say out of all the uniforms I can remember being posted in this thread my favorites so far are going to be

The ECE uniforms above... Shorts and skirts both are so cute!!

The northern elite uniform. I think that is a good looking uniform all together I really love it.

I think it was pa or whatever I don't remember but that all black sublimated one looks so amazing.

Also i got to love the Stars uniform:)

Sounds familiar, except our rep told us there was no such thing as YXS, and ordered the same sized skirts for 10 year olds and 4 year olds. Needless to say, the tiny team did not have one uniform that fit right. After mixing and matching we still sent over half of them back. The new ones were supposed to be here in three weeks. It's been five, the first competition has come and gone, and not a word from Varsity. Thanks so much, we WON'T be back. Ugh.

Sounds like a lot of us have had similar experiences. Mine didn't bring any shorts either yet we are having shorts for uniforms. She didn't bring any youth sizes at all. Which is real promising. We still haven't recieved our uniforms yet but I am not expecting perfect fitting uniforms by anymeans.

:banghead: < This is how I feel about my experience.

Sounds like a lot of us have had similar experiences. Mine didn't bring any shorts either yet we are having shorts for uniforms. She didn't bring any youth sizes at all. Which is real promising. We still haven't recieved our uniforms yet but I am not expecting perfect fitting uniforms by anymeans.

I would have **** a brick. I would have been *that* mom that evening.

I'm going to agree with all of the above posts about said uniform company after our experiences last season. We had sizing samples for our uniform pieces, but it turned out that the shorts sample was running big. Parents were also not allowed to review or be a part of the fitting at all, which I was not happy with. My CP ended up being ordered a YXS shorts, YXS top, YM skirt and YM sleeve (the sleeve and skirt were an error separate from the sizing samples). Anyone see the problem with this? Well, her YXS shorts arrived, and we couldn't pull them up. The YM skirt fell straight to the floor, and the sleeve was just ridiculous looking. My CP didn't get her complete uniform, in all the right sizes, until December, and we had to borrow from other athletes until then.

I know there are a few uniform reps here on the boards...so hopefully they are reading this thread.

Reps take note: For God's sake these things cost HUNDREDS of dollars. It's not like we're ordering $5 t-shirts from you. A gym with 100 kids ordering $300 uniforms is a $30,000 sale for you. The least you could do is put in the time and effort that at least SEEMS like you are making a $30,000 sale. (And before the GK reps all come flying on here talking about how great GK is because the complaints before mine were about Varsity...I had similar experiences BOTH times my kids were fitted for GK and we had to send back numerous pieces or just suffer with ill-fitting EXPENSIVE uniforms. So it's NOT just Varsity. GK has the same issues.) While I understand fitting 100 kids can be difficult, and moms can be difficult as well, I have to say that at every uniform fitting i've been to the first thing that popped into my head was "What idiot planned this?"

Sooooo...I guess what we're saying is this: A little planning and foresight would be AWESOME when setting up uniform fittings. Just think of how nice it'll be to deliver the uniforms and not have to dread answering your phone for 2 weeks after because you KNOW it's gonna be the gym owner screaming about how they have comp and 78 kids still need the right size uni.

1. Bring all the sizes and in a style and material as close as possible to the uniform being ordered.
2. DON'T fit all the kids at once. Maybe 3 at a time? Having 20 kids trying on all the pieces is just TOO chaotic. Don't allow it.
3. I KNOW moms are a pain...but really. We're paying for it. Let us see how it fits - you can guide us, but an unhappy mom is just going to send it back anyway - or worse alter it HERSELF.
4. As a rep, YOU should have control of the situation. Every time I go to uniform fittings, the rep is just kind of standing there helplessly looking around while an entire TEAM of girls is trying on all the pieces, leaving them on the floor, etc. and then going over to the rep and saying "OK. Order me Adult small." Take control, and LOOK at each child.
5. KNOW your product. Know which things run small. Know if you can take an inch off the sleeves (I was told no. Apparently you can).

I would NEVER go to a store and spend $350 on a dress that didn't fit me PERFECTLY from a half-a*$ salesperson who wouldn't help me get the right one. Not sure why we do that with uniforms. :confused:

I know there are a few uniform reps here on the boards...so hopefully they are reading this thread.

Reps take note: For God's sake these things cost HUNDREDS of dollars. It's not like we're ordering $5 t-shirts from you. A gym with 100 kids ordering $300 uniforms is a $30,000 sale for you. The least you could do is put in the time and effort that at least SEEMS like you are making a $30,000 sale. (And before the GK reps all come flying on here talking about how great GK is because the complaints before mine were about Varsity...I had similar experiences BOTH times my kids were fitted for GK and we had to send back numerous pieces or just suffer with ill-fitting EXPENSIVE uniforms. So it's NOT just Varsity. GK has the same issues.) While I understand fitting 100 kids can be difficult, and moms can be difficult as well, I have to say that at every uniform fitting i've been to the first thing that popped into my head was "What idiot planned this?"

Sooooo...I guess what we're saying is this: A little planning and foresight would be AWESOME when setting up uniform fittings. Just think of how nice it'll be to deliver the uniforms and not have to dread answering your phone for 2 weeks after because you KNOW it's gonna be the gym owner screaming about how they have comp and 78 kids still need the right size uni.

1. Bring all the sizes and in a style and material as close as possible to the uniform being ordered.
2. DON'T fit all the kids at once. Maybe 3 at a time? Having 20 kids trying on all the pieces is just TOO chaotic. Don't allow it.
3. I KNOW moms are a pain...but really. We're paying for it. Let us see how it fits - you can guide us, but an unhappy mom is just going to send it back anyway - or worse alter it HERSELF.
4. As a rep, YOU should have control of the situation. Every time I go to uniform fittings, the rep is just kind of standing there helplessly looking around while an entire TEAM of girls is trying on all the pieces, leaving them on the floor, etc. and then going over to the rep and saying "OK. Order me Adult small." Take control, and LOOK at each child.
5. KNOW your product. Know which things run small. Know if you can take an inch off the sleeves (I was told no. Apparently you can).

I would NEVER go to a store and spend $350 on a dress that didn't fit me PERFECTLY from a half-a*$ salesperson who wouldn't help me get the right one. Not sure why we do that with uniforms. :confused:
Totally agree!!! I'm on my third gym and at everyone we had issues with Varsity & GK. Just got my GK uni a couple weeks ago. I do LOVE IT but the size is nothing compared to what I tried on. Its tight as heck and my daughters arms practically fall asleep when shes wearing it. Hahaha!!! We've stretched it every way possible and just gonna have to make it work. Sucks when I paid $385.00...Bummer!!

Totally agree!!! I'm on my third gym and at everyone we had issues with Varsity & GK. Just got my GK uni a couple weeks ago. I do LOVE IT but the size is nothing compared to what I tried on. Its tight as heck and my daughters arms practically fall asleep when shes wearing it. Hahaha!!! We've stretched it every way possible and just gonna have to make it work. Sucks when I paid $385.00...Bummer!!

Ugh! And of course it's too late for you to send it back for a better fitting one - what would she compete in? :(

And since this is the new uni thread...I love Top Gun's <---yes, I just said that! And i loooooooooove ECE. I hate sublimated with a fiery passion, but i'm a glitter and sparkle girl all day long, so I'll probably NEVER get over that. And I'm obsessed with GBE.
Ob.
Sessed.
:D

Ugh! And of course it's too late for you to send it back for a better fitting one - what would she compete in? :(

And since this is the new uni thread...I love Top Gun's <---yes, I just said that! And i loooooooooove ECE. I hate sublimated with a fiery passion, but i'm a glitter and sparkle girl all day long, so I'll probably NEVER get over that. And I'm obsessed with GBE.
Ob.
Sessed.
:D
I was told I would have to buy another one, and try to sell the one that is too small. Yeah right!! Love GBE as a gym and the uni is perfection!!

UNIFORM COMPANIES, PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS WOMAN. I've never understood why random uniform pieces that aren't the same material as a gym's uniform are sent as the sizing samples. It might be an extra initial cost and hassle for the company to provide these to all the reps/people who are going to fit uniforms, but it'll save you a huge headache at the end. If the reps aren't experts in making sure the kids are getting measured correctly, send someone with them who is an expert. Make sure the parents and coaches and reps look at every single kid in the sample pieces. Will all of this be a pain in the butt during the sizing process? Yes, probably. But it's going to ensure that people are happy with what they get and not have to scramble and stress because the uniforms that arrived a week before their first competition don't fit.

Totally agree Just-a-mom. I myself am a rep for GK. I understand that not all reps can size correctly. I guess you either have what it takes to get the right fit along with the experience of knowing what fabric they are using, what size girls you have, if their are boys involved, what fit cut you are interested in. Not everyone is cut out to be a rep, but I do know GK tries to get the fit right. There are many styles through GK and if the rep sizes you in the incorrect style then it will not fit like the one you ordered. I lay my hands on every person I do sizing for. I pull tug and roll. I make sure it fits correctly and I never have a person come tell me their size. I also dont allow the girls to tell me Im a small and listen to their word. I have had a few run the show moms and really it didnt make for a good fitting. Many parents want it loose, so that their $300 uniform will fit for a few years. As for GK we want it to fit tight and I always tell my parents that it is supposed to fit snug like a leotard and explain why. They are usually good with it. The best way is always take a few at a time. If it is a large program give them time blocks to come in. Dont have 200 kids all come in at the same time. It is the reps responsibility to communicate with the gym owner on how it is going to run. Im not a perfect rep , but I have learned my lessons and listen to the customer. So hopefully this will make your experience with GK a good one.

We have had the same issues as everyone else on here! Our skirts had to all be resized and then they came back with the wrong detailing! So now we are once again having to send them back and hopefully get them in time for comp on Sunday. The real kicker was our warmups....all of the adult sizes came in looking fine, the youth ones all had the gym name across the stomach...really? Does Varsity have quality control? And if so when they looked at the adult warmup and then the youth how did they convince themselves that was the look the gym was going for? lol

Back