All-Star Nightline Episode

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Actually I think they called it laying out
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

This made me LOL. The girls at my job ask about this all the time. "Oh, you're going to the pool. Are you going to swim, or just... What do y'all say? 'Lay down'?" Hahahaha Um no... It's "lay out."

They think all my tanning woes are hilarious.

This made me LOL. The girls at my job ask about this all the time. "Oh, you're going to the pool. Are you going to swim, or just... What do y'all say? 'Lay down'?" Hahahaha Um no... It's "lay out."

Wait...not everyone says they're "laying out" when talking about tanning?

Wait...not everyone says they're "laying out" when talking about tanning?

I'm the only white girl at my job. The girls I work with know NOTHING about tanning, cheerleading, or apparently the south. We have the most hilarious conversations. (and no one in Chicago goes to the pool ever, apparently? That's a suburb thing here, I guess)

My senior year of high school I was the only black girl in our first week house (beach week)....and the other girls would literally lay on the beach from 9am-7pm....like it was their job. Mean while I'd come out at 9am and have to be in by 9:23. I literally cannot be in the sun. If I think about going In the sun I get a shade darker. I buy SPF 90 even though I know after spf30 it doesn't even matter. White girls would kill for my tanning skills (although since it's all about skin pigment my tanning skills wouldn't exist if I were white ).

I don't even have the attention span for "laying out ". I don't know how y'all do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My senior year of high school I was the only black girl in our first week house (beach week)....and the other girls would literally lay on the beach from 9am-7pm....like it was their job. Mean while I'd come out at 9am and have to be in by 9:23. I literally cannot be in the sun. If I think about going In the sun I get a shade darker. I buy SPF 90 even though I know after spf30 it doesn't even matter. White girls would kill for my tanning skills (although since it's all about skin pigment my tanning skills wouldn't exist if I were white ).

I don't even have the attention span for "laying out ". I don't know how y'all do it

In high school, my friends would seriously hold their pre-homecoming tan arms up to mine and be like "I'm not dark enough."

Um, you're not getting anywhere close to my color. It's impossible (unless you want to end up the ER for sunburns.) lol.

Yeah we just do a high pony with a poof... I poof so many peoples hair bc they can't do it themselves!

At an out of town competiton in March, my CP told me at 10:30pm that she was supposed to have a poof in her hair the next morning! I had no idea what to do. I just did it our regular slicked back high ponytail. The gym should not count on a 9 year old to relay info to the parents.....or at least not my 9 year old! lol

just got all of mine removed as a result of a high school era-tanning addiction. one was, in fact, basal cell carcinoma. they got it all, but still. no 24 year old should be having those kinds of growths. and i probably wouldn't have had them if i stayed out of tanning beds when i was younger.

also, there are way too many chemicals in spray tan for that to be safe... but i digress. #paleforlife
You and me both girl! Oh actually you, me and Kristenthegreat! I was 29 when first diagnosed w/a squamous cell carcinoma. Not as bad as a melanoma, but def much worse than a basal cell. I love being pale. I have ivory skin and hardly any wrinkles and I'm 37. There are so many young cheerleaders I see who already have more wrinkles than me and they're 17-18!! You don't even want to know what age my daughter thought a coach from a our former gym was, knowing that I was 37. :oops:

eta- @Mamarazzi might know and/or remember something similar regarding a story about my age... ;)

In high school, my friends would seriously hold their pre-homecoming tan arms up to mine and be like "I'm not dark enough."

Um, you're not getting anywhere close to my color. It's impossible (unless you want to end up the ER for sunburns.) lol.

Yeah I hated when they did that "Im as brown as Erin". Like. You wish

I've always wondered what a sun burn felt like. Not a description. But to feel one with out actually having one. I mean I know that it possible for me to sun burn...it's just never happened. I'm willing to be if it did I wouldn't recognize it as such and would go running into an ER screaming that I have leprosy

I'm the only white girl at my job. The girls I work with know NOTHING about tanning, cheerleading, or apparently the south. We have the most hilarious conversations. (and no one in Chicago goes to the pool ever, apparently? That's a suburb thing here, I guess)

I and 99.9% of my friends grew up in apartment buildings. Getting to the beach meant a 2+ hour train ride to Brooklyn. Instead we had "tar beach" - the roof of the apartment buildings. Lounge chair, spray bottle of water, and Ban de Soleil Orange Gelee which at the time may have had SPF 2. That usually lasted about 30 minutes max because it got so ridiculously hot up there with all the black roofing absorbing the sun. Glory days. Now I'm all about "where is my SPF 55 for my face?" :cool:

CP gets at max 2-3 spray tans a season. Even after a two week holiday at the beach she looks pale.
None of my athletes has to spray tan, they decide.
But if i'd hear that one of them goes to tanning beds, i would step in.

Doing cps hair? No, thank you. Lucky me my sister and co-coach is really talented with cps hair and i know there will be no tears, if she does it. I'm forever thankful for that.
Having nightmares she won't be at some comp in the future and team will miss cp and coach because of hair problems ^^

suggesting to some poor little light skinned white girl to darken her skin, especially in the name of "uniformity", is akin to asking a dark skinned black girl to lighten her skin to meet the tanned white girls and light brown black girls half way to the middle tan/light brown skin spectrum. kinda creepy tbh.

theyre already wearing the same uniform. imo, thats as uniform as they need to get.

Could you imagine how odd and creepy it would look to see an entire team, no matter what their ethnicity, all be the same exact color of beige? Just picture it. Weeeeiirrd!!

I think the orange is hideous. If they have those terrible orange spray tans I am singing the Oompa Loompa song in my head when I see them.

Oompa Loompa doopity do....

Could you imagine how odd and creepy it would look to see an entire team, no matter what their ethnicity, all be the same exact color of beige? Just picture it. Weeeeiirrd!!

I think the orange is hideous. If they have those terrible orange spray tans I am singing the Oompa Loompa song in my head when I see them.

Oompa Loompa doopity do....
The orange is awful, but I'd rather see Oompa Loompas than girls using tanning beds and getting skin cancer!

Not a bit. As long as there's some uniformity to it, it's not distracting. My kid would love to NOT have to spray tan.

I hate tanning but being in a country where we dont tan naturally and my uniform royal blue mystic and black normal (not as bad as it sounds) I look like a ghost as all the others tan so I spray tan its a pain in the backside butI feel it looks better at comps with stage lighting.

However I always ask around seeing who is tanning to see if I can get away with not tanning unfortunatley I normally do have to tan

Sorry to double post but I wanted to add the programme I was with had a spray tan rule for the juniors which was they could tan but must not tan darker than an 8 as the coach didint want them too dark as they are younger. Senior were encouraged to tan and most of tanned to the same colour as one of my team mates mums does spray tans and did a reduced price so she tanned most of us and it looked good

Back