All-Star Non-worlds International Level 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha. I changed my mind of what I posted before. I am 50/50 on the back tuck baskets
If they keep it consistent with NCA Intermediate college that would be great.
But i think back tuck baskets are easier than kick full baskets.

If they keep it consistent with NCA Intermediate college that would be great.
But i think back tuck baskets are easier than kick full baskets.

Im not disagreeing with you on whats easier, because I agree with you. However it sounds like this would be geared towards level 3 and 4 athletes (maybe even stronger level 2's or weaker level 5's) and I dont think they should do back tucks. Is it going to have 17+ or 13+ for age requirements?

I am 110% for this..heck, even though I don't have any tumbling I think I'd be BEAST at basing/backing a level 4 stunt. I'd try to get in it again if they brought this idea. Gyms, take it upon yourself to rethink your decision to vote this down...

I think this is an amazing idea!! there are so many kids that age out, but dont have the skills to compete int'l 5 or level 6. this would keep a lot more kids in the sport!
Cory - whatever you need me to do to push this, just let me know!!

Well keep in mind the rules have already been set in place for two years, the only way this would work is to as coaches:

a) Advertise and Promote the idea so that we get the athletes in the gym that fit the criteria

b) Once we can say we've got so many gyms fielding teams and ready to participate then we go to Company X and say will you offer this division for this many teams?

Even if we just get 3 National Competitions to sign on to the idea I think we've already made it worth it...

As far as rules and guidelines go I feel strongly about the following:

This division should not take away from senior divisions already in place and therefor the age should be 17+

Being the test year I'd think we'd be pushing it by asking for coed and all girl splits. I would call the division International Open Level 6 and give a max of 24 members capping the number of males at 12. Some will immediately think they've been disadvantaged but I coach a college Intermediate with 5 males and they held their own in Daytona against several teams with 10+ males on it, as long as your stunt ratio matches the score guidelines that companies want to see I don't personally see a problem.

NCA Intermediate College rules loosely follow All Star levels 3-5, I personally think those rules need work and fine tuning before anything is modeled after them which leads me to think this division should remain USASF level 4 across the board. One could also argue that going from kick fulls to back tucks completely skips level 5 and is not a proper progression.

Great Idea and i think it def needs to be explored @Drkilluzionz
has a wonderful platform and complete with a thought about process and action plan, lets all support it and focus on the development steps of this idea

I love the idea and have stood behind the idea since it was mentioned before on the board. I love the level 6 division but there are few teams that I enjoy watching because so many of them do not fit in that division at all. An Open 4 division would be great. I would eventually like for it to follow more of the Intermediate division that NCA College uses, but for the first year to get it off the ground go with just Level 4 rules. If I owned or coached at a gym I would rally right beside you all the way, but for now I will just rally with you on the fierceboard.

Well keep in mind the rules have already been set in place for two years, the only way this would work is to as coaches:

a) Advertise and Promote the idea so that we get the athletes in the gym that fit the criteria

b) Once we can say we've got so many gyms fielding teams and ready to participate then we go to Company X and say will you offer this division for this many teams?

Even if we just get 3 National Competitions to sign on to the idea I think we've already made it worth it...

As far as rules and guidelines go I feel strongly about the following:

This division should not take away from senior divisions already in place and therefor the age should be 17+

Being the test year I'd think we'd be pushing it by asking for coed and all girl splits. I would call the division International Open Level 6 and give a max of 24 members capping the number of males at 12. Some will immediately think they've been disadvantaged but I coach a college Intermediate with 5 males and they held their own in Daytona against several teams with 10+ males on it, as long as your stunt ratio matches the score guidelines that companies want to see I don't personally see a problem.

NCA Intermediate College rules loosely follow All Star levels 3-5, I personally think those rules need work and fine tuning before anything is modeled after them which leads me to think this division should remain USASF level 4 across the board. One could also argue that going from kick fulls to back tucks completely skips level 5 and is not a proper progression.

I think you will have a lot more interest than you expect. The BEST way to get instant interest is make the size 20. You can take all your intermediate teams from NCA. Make the rules level 4. Talk to 3 big competitions about doing it, based on where lots of the teams are located in the intermediate division. I think CheerSport is an easy one (thats the south). Jamfest should be to (midwest covered). NCA makes sense as well (hello Tay-has). Those three comps are all any open team would really want to do anyway.

I'd be willing to bet that anyone who witnessed level 6 at Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach last month would be on board too. So scary! Hope this happens.

I would be on board 100%! I am still beyond passionate about cheerleading and miss competing. There is just no way I'm going to be to be in level 5 shape again, but I can still do all the level 4 skills. I appreciate your commitment and passion! Let's get together to push this forward! :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE. My cp right now is heading for that exact situation with two years left before she ages out. Perfect! (Especially if it means she could stay at GA! That would be even better!).:D

from the USASF age grid:

The list above is a "menu" of divisions that may be offered by an individual event producer. An event producer does not have to offer every division listed above. However, a USASF/IASF member event producer may only offer divisions from the grid above and/or combine/split divisions based upon the guidelines below, unless prior written approval is received from the
USASF/IASF.

I thought I remembered something like this from the old age grid but thought I'd go check. Open 4 is a great idea but sounds like the competition companies would need written permission from USASF to offer the division.

from the USASF age grid:

The list above is a "menu" of divisions that may be offered by an individual event producer. An event producer does not have to offer every division listed above. However, a USASF/IASF member event producer may only offer divisions from the grid above and/or combine/split divisions based upon the guidelines below, unless prior written approval is received from the
USASF/IASF.

I thought I remembered something like this from the old age grid but thought I'd go check. Open 4 is a great idea but sounds like the competition companies would need written permission from USASF to offer the division.

What about exhibition divisions with exhibition trophies?

Back