All-Star Oh My! Cheer Perfection Mom Arrested....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

re: "worlds for the experience" -- why would anyone want their last cheer memories as a senior performing a janky routine at a competition they have zero chance of winning? I don't get it. I'd rather go out with a bang on level 4 or 5R or whatever than be mocked at worlds.

I hope the less bids due to the changes helps make worlds even better. This routine needs 1: CLEANING, 2: CLEANING, 3: CLEANING.

If the coaches (no matter what the circumstances) drilled you stand up on this number, your arms are plastered to your sides, it may have not been as bad as it appeared, but I just feel that the clean factor is just so important. Those small things make a difference.

Not only do I feel bad for her daughter(s), I feel bad for the whole gym. No parent with common sense is going to want to send their child to a gym where a molester/rapist was once at. That's going to cause Alicia poor attendance and participants at her gym. I never liked the mom. Something was always fishy about her to me. I find it sickening that she didn't even not once, think about how this was going to reflect upon her daughter, and Alicia's business.

re: "worlds for the experience" -- why would anyone want their last cheer memories as a senior performing a janky routine at a competition they have zero chance of winning? I don't get it. I'd rather go out with a bang on level 4 or 5R or whatever than be mocked at worlds.

Something like this seems more like it was more about about the bragging rights to be able to say "we went to Worlds". To a novice-would-be-cheer parent who doesn't know any better, that would be impressive to see on a website. Now I know better - and I know to check the website to see where the team placed at worlds to know if I should be impressed or not ;).

I checked NCA results for fun once and it seems like they took alot of teams (CTR) and most finish if not last so close to the bottom so i think they need proper coaches and more training. technique.

Not only do I feel bad for her daughter(s), I feel bad for the whole gym. No parent with common sense is going to want to send their child to a gym where a molester/rapist was once at. That's going to cause Alicia poor attendance and participants at her gym. I never liked the mom. Something was always fishy about her to me. I find it sickening that she didn't even not once, think about how this was going to reflect upon her daughter, and Alicia's business.
Based on that logic people should be pulling their kids from high schools and middle schools left and right

I would hope that people would be smart enough to hold CTR responsible for what a parent did....that had nothing to do with cheerleading

They get a pass from me for the use of haters in the music. It's a song by B.O.B, and not just some obnoxious voice over someone came up with, so it can slide.

Also this their first year with a worlds eligible team right?

Their daughter just aged off of youth silver right?

Clearly this team was created so that their daughter could go to worlds and wouldn't try to leave and commute to a CA

Last edited:
Based on that logic people should be pulling their kids from high schools and middle schools left and right

I would hope that people would be smart enough to hold CTR responsible for what a parent did....that had nothing to do with cheerleading

As a parent I would be much more upset about the drug-related incident with her husband, than I would about something another (immediatly expelled) cheer parent did. A gym owner really cannot control what all their customers do - now if she KNEW about what the lady was doing and still kept her at the gym as a team mom, THAT would be different, but I don't think that was the case.

As a parent I would be much more upset about the drug-related incident with her husband, than I would about something another (immediatly expelled) cheer parent did. A gym owner really cannot control what all their customers do - now if she KNEW about what the lady was doing and still kept her at the gym as a team mom, THAT would be different, but I don't think that was the case.

Her husband was removed from the gym immediately once this happened. At least that's what Alycia said. My question is, is he still banned from the gym or is he now back coaching?

anyone that would pee in a cup and apply it to a friend's burn is off in the head.

anyone that would pee in a cup and apply it to a friend's burn is off in the head.

I forgot about her husband. To me, every gym has their pitfalls and secretes behind closed doors. It's a matter of how you handle it is what counts to me. I think Alicia did a very good job (if it's true) about the way she had handled the issue. I respect her for that. I just feel bad for all the kids at that gym. I'm just point out the fact that many Parents may not be happy with what happened. No you cannot control what an adult cheer mom does outside of the gym. I'm just pissed how she didn't once think about how this would reflect upon her daughter. If she did, she wouldn't have done it. Alicia's husband should know better than to smoke on gym grounds. They're both just ignorant.

In my experience, most teams in the running at worlds have some bid already and are looking to upgrade by NCA. That leaves a lot of at-large bids up for grabs. The full-paids are where the battling is happening.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Didn't nca have too many AL bids in 2013? And actually had some left over?

I hope the less bids due to the changes helps make worlds even better. This routine needs 1: CLEANING, 2: CLEANING, 3: CLEANING.

If the coaches (no matter what the circumstances) drilled you stand up on this number, your arms are plastered to your sides, it may have not been as bad as it appeared, but I just feel that the clean factor is just so important. Those small things make a difference.
THANK YOU! Level 5 stunts and tumbling is hard stuff. Standing up on the same count and hitting the right motion on the right count is not hard. I feel like they focused so much on trying to get the bare minimum level 5 skills to justify going to worlds they forgot to focus on being clean and sharp. So instead of "oh wow, they look pretty good maybe they just had a bad day" we say "oh my stars, that was a hot mess."

They get a pass from me for the use of haters in the music. It's a song by B.O.B, and not just some obnoxious voice over someone came up with, so it can slide.

Also this their first year with a worlds eligible team right?

Their daughter just aged off of youth silver right?

Clearly this team was created so that their daughter could go to worlds and wouldn't try to leave and commute to a CA

Oop.

Back