- Level 2, Allow straight, pretty girl, and/or ball out positions only
- Level 4, Allow hitch-kick single twisting tosses
- Open/Restricted Level 5, NO standing fulls and so on
- Limit the number of crossover athletes to 25% of the cheer team
- Put a bottom age of 12 years old on all Senior Divisions
- No tosses in Tiny and Mini divisions regardless of level
- Change the coed divisions

No:

- Level 2, At Senior Level - Allow extended one leg stunts w/foot next to body (IE. Lib / Torch), and most of the other proposed rules, really...
- Level 3, Lower skill progression to allow tucks ONLY from a round off back handspring entry (meaning no roundoff tucks??)
- Level 4, ONLY permit release moves to two feet

No freakin' way:

- Eliminate the following divisions - Mini Level 3, Youth Level 4 & 5, and Junior Level 5
- Scale the maximum time limit to the Levels as follows
Level 1 - 2:00
Level 2 - 2:15
Level 3 & 4 - 2:30
Level 5 & 6 - 2:45

If they remove the Youth 5 and Junior 5 then that will hurt the senior level 5 teams. Those junior age athletes will need to be working on those skills to advance to a senior 5 teams, yet if they do not have a junior 5 team they will not be using those skills unless the gym has a senior open 5 team. Maybe I am looking into it wrong, but I think that this is just taking a step backwards in growing the sport.

Now I do think that there should be maybe some restrictions on Youth 5 and possibly Junior 5. More so with a Youth 5 team it can be scary seeing them do everything that a Senior 5 team does because of their small bodies. Not sure what the restrictions should be, but I could see this being good and not really harming the divisions.

My bad I didn't finish reading all of the thing because I was distacted by the eliminating division thing, but I do like the proposal to restrict Youth 5.

Do NOT like the idea of eliminating Youth 5 and adding a Junior (open) Restricted division. It would basically be the same thing as restricting Youth 5.

Love the idea of International Open 4, I think it would be a great spot for a lot of the true International teams as well as US teams.

I am in favor of getting rid of Mini 3. I am not in favor of getting rid of Youth 5 or 4. I think large sr all girl should stay at 36. I think that senior teams should be allowed single leg stunts with foot by the body (I think that is what it said..which I assume means a lib). It makes sense because once they move to level 3 they can do essentially any body position on 1 leg extended. I don't think all senior levels should be capped at age 12 (hurts smaller gyms). I'm in favor of eliminating roundoff tucks in level 3

Realistically, though, I could see proposal B of age grid passing (eliminate Mini 3, Youth 5). Considering how many teams are in this division (NOT many), and restricting the skills in these divisions seems to be in favor, I could see it going through. If they're looking to combine divisions and keep risk-of-injury down for younger athletes..yeah. And PS- just because they can't compete those skills YET or in that particular division, doesn't mean they can't work them or compete them on a higher-age team. They'd probably find a place for them, considering most of the gyms that seem to have these teams are the bigger ones..

Things I like:
*Senior 5 going to 30/32
*Redefining Coed
*Altering SO5
*IO4- BRILLIANT!
*No tosses in Tiny/Mini
*Crossovers

I love:
I don't like:
Getting rid of the young, talented divisions
Calling open 5 "restricted 5". Just sounds lame to me.
Changing the eligibility date
Scaling routine times by level

I just realized I read the eligibility rule wrong. I would actually like them to make this change. Mainly so I can super super senior :p

I just realized I read the eligibility rule wrong. I would actually like them to make this change. Mainly so I can super super senior :p
sorry to be off topic... but when somebody quotes you, your username changes to Audrey :) instead of just Audrey : ) sooo needless to say it made me chuckle!

Things I like:
Increase skill progression for Junior/Senior Level (PLEASE!!!!)
Changes in Lvl 2 standing tumbling
IO4
Limiting # of crossovers on comp day
Ethics changes
Large 21-30
Restrict Youth Level 5
No tosses in Tiny/Mini
An athlete can only cheer for one USASF gym per season unless released from primary gym (talk about killing gym hopping and "Susie" syndrome!)

yesss to hitchkick singles in 4. and IO4. if that becomes a division i may just be moving back to georgiaaaa.

Changing the time limits I like. The scoresheets/requirements for L5 and 6 wouldn't change, so you essentially would be able to even out those skills a little bit. Would some people use that to stuff even more skills in? Possibly, but I think more people would use it to spread things out and maybe add in more "choreography" elements rather than simply doing more flips. On the L1 and 2 side, it is much easier to hit everything you need on the scoresheet in a shorter amount of time. Also, many of those athletes aren't as conditioned as the L5 & 6 kids (with some exceptions, of course).

Side bonus: It is a little bit harder for teams to drop down 2-3 levels for major competitions, as you now would need to change more of your choreography.

Changing the time limits I like. The scoresheets/requirements for L5 and 6 wouldn't change, so you essentially would be able to even out those skills a little bit. Would some people use that to stuff even more skills in? Possibly, but I think more people would use it to spread things out and maybe add in more "choreography" elements rather than simply doing more flips. On the L1 and 2 side, it is much easier to hit everything you need on the scoresheet in a shorter amount of time. Also, many of those athletes aren't as conditioned as the L5 & 6 kids (with some exceptions, of course).

Side bonus: It is a little bit harder for teams to drop down 2-3 levels for major competitions, as you now would need to change more of your choreography.

The time limit thing is an interesting idea. Id say though that changing levels part would be the #1 reason to do it.

An All-Star program is defined as having one EIN (Tax ID)

Can anyone explain this thoroughly...

Does this mean Large gyms with multiple locations that have a gym with 75 or less people can go small gym? I don't like this if this is the way... especially if the programs have many cross overs from different locations in their program...

or Does it mean that the gym has to be under one business tax ID that creates a large gym? I would like this but If this, how would this work if the multiple gyms are in two different states with two different tax laws?

Not sure if this is clear and understandable but if anyone can answer so I can fully understand this rule up for change I would appreciate it!!!

Thanks Infinity

The way I understand that rule is that regardless of how many locations a gym has, they are considered one gym. So basically no ability to go small gym or to use 5 crossovers per location at NCA.

Back