All-Star Spirit Of Texas And Top Gun Illegal Passes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think we all agree on that instance. Are there other examples?

Off the top of my head, two instances that are arguable, a full punch double vs a double whip double/full whip double. Back roll (not extension) backhandspring double vs backhandspring double (this one is more arguable, though I don't see how the back roll gives one much of an easier time doing the 1 to double)

I really am not trying to argue, just curious...but all of these point back to the 1 same rule and same types of examples and your earlier posts referenced a lot of inconsistencies. Any outside of L5 standing?

Would you have preferred I said 1 flip and 1 twist?

Little is impossible. A ban on tumbling is not one of those things.

What is this BLASPHEMY?! Haha.

But seriously, if this happens I'll be personally redirecting all of allstar cheerleading to a new governing body, taking over worlds, and reinstating 1 to doubles.

Andre do you honestly think "banning" tumbling all together is an option? If so do you not think another company would just say "compete with us, tumbling legal"?

yojaehs I don't think banning tumbling will happen, but the train is moving toward fewer skills being allowed, not more, and I think it will continue move that direction until people stop busting their tumbling on the mat.

As far as shifting to another company - I doubt it that will happen any time soon. People have been complaining and complaining and complaining about (insert anything here) and have taken very little action. When people stop bitching and start acting I'll believe something will get done.

yojaehs I don't think banning tumbling will happen, but the train is moving toward fewer skills being allowed, not more, and I think it will continue move that direction until people stop busting their tumbling on the mat.

As far as shifting to another company - I doubt it that will happen any time soon. People have been complaining and complaining and complaining about (insert anything here) and have taken very little action. When people stop bitching and start acting I'll believe something will get done.
I don't think the bold will ever happen lol. I think the fastest way to get the best reaction is to increase deductions but that's just my opinion.

This makes me think of gymnastics; To discourage a lot of gymnasts who weren't ready, getting injured, or just not good enough from attempting the Amanar vault for its high start value the FIG lowered the difficulty value from a 6.5 to a 6.3. I'm not sure how effective it has been because the gymnastics season hasn't really started. But maybe cheer could create a Code of Points like system for tumbling skills where you get a certain amount of points for doubles, fulls, etc. but not making rebounding skills a lot of points? So maybe athletes who weren't ready wouldn't compete those skills because they wouldn't earn many points by doing them? I don't know if this would work or makes sense to anyone else but me, but I just kind of saw the similarities between the situations.

Not to hijack the thread, but downgrading the Amanar, IMO, was done so as not to make it "necessary" to have one in order to win. Considering the amount of ACL injuries from Amanars, it's surprising they're even still legal, but I personally think it was to allow people competing lower grade vaults (5.8-6.1) a bit of a better shot of keeping up with the ones competing Amanars.

I don't entirely agree w/this statement. No offense intended Andre, but there are some people whose actions are speaking louder than words at the moment. They may not be as "powerful" as the entire USASF, but that doesn't mean they can't/won't/aren't already making their voices heard by taking their business elsewhere and encouraging IEP's. Do they still attend major USASF sanctioned events? Sure. Will the tides eventually change? Only time will tell...but I personally believe that continued attempts to make allstar more restrictive isn't going to be the answer either (in general, not just tumbling).

I personally enjoy attending competitions where my daughter gets a chance to compete as a Mini 3, for example (thank you UCF! ;) Can't wait for this weekend!).

Back