All-Star Spirit Of Texas And Top Gun Illegal Passes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would consider it a grey area - the rule says that it is a minimum of two backwards travelling skills, one of which must be a BHS. Maybe that means you can have one skill of three or more?

A bhs must be 1 of the 2 immediate skills though. And spirit of Texas did this post revision. Before they did hand full whip double, now hand whip whip double, which is still illegal? Yet it's spirit of texas

A bhs must be 1 of the 2 immediate skills though. And spirit of Texas did this post revision. Before they did hand full whip double, now hand whip whip double, which is still illegal? Yet it's spirit of texas

I don't think it's explicit enough to say that a BHS must be 1 of the 2 immediately preceding skills. I think it has to be one of the 'minimum of 2' skills which could be three or 4.

The event Spirit competed at last night isn't a USASF affiliate and I'm pretty sure they don't go by the same tumbling rules. SOT will probably change that pass for nationals, it's just fun to be able to compete those passes at some point during the year.

The event Spirit competed at last night isn't a USASF affiliate and I'm pretty sure they don't go by the same tumbling rules. SOT will probably change that pass for nationals, it's just fun to be able to compete those passes at some point during the year.
that sounds silly, might as well throw double backs and tripples then.

and it seems they may have misinterpreted it since they did hand full whip dubs before

I was rereading the rules and a hand whip whip double is legal because the rules state you need to have a preceding minimum of two backward traveling non-twisting skills. And in a hand whip whip double you have 3 which satisfies the minimum and one of the two or in this case, on of the three, backward traveling non twisting skills is a back handspring. It doesn't explicitly state that the two skills right before the double has to be a back handspring.

I was rereading the rules and a hand whip whip double is legal because the rules state you need to have a preceding minimum of two backward traveling non-twisting skills. And in a hand whip whip double you have 3 which satisfies the minimum and one of the two or in this case, on of the three, backward traveling non twisting skills is a back handspring. It doesn't explicitly state that the two skills right before the double has to be a back handspring.

No, hand whip whip double is ILLEGAL.

RulesGuy and several safety judges on here have confirmed that.

If you reread Standing D, you will see that it states that the double must be IMMEDIATELY preceded by 2 backward non-twisting skills, one of which is a BHS.

If you reread Standing D, you will see that it states that the double must be IMMEDIATELY preceded by 2 backward non-twisting skills, one of which is a BHS.

By a MINIMUM of 2 backward traveling non twisting skills....did you miss the word minimum I bolded? So according to the definition of minimum(Noun
The least or smallest amount or quantity possible, attainable, or required.
), the back handspring and the whip satisfies the minimum requirement of two backward non twisting skills which one (the back handspring) is involved in the minimum of two backward traveling non twisting skills and the 3rd skill after is another backward traveling non twisting skill so it doesn't distort the requirement of a minimum of two backward non twisting skills before the double full.

b
By a MINIMUM of 2 backward traveling non twisting skills....did you miss the word minimum I bolded? So according to the definition of minimum(Noun
The least or smallest amount or quantity possible, attainable, or required.
), the back handspring and the whip satisfies the minimum requirement of two backward non twisting skills which one (the back handspring) is involved in the minimum of two backward traveling non twisting skills and the 3rd skill after is another backward traveling non twisting skill so it doesn't distort the requirement of a minimum of two backward non twisting skills before the double full.

but u r forgetting the word IMMEDIATELY proceeded, way to try to be a smarta

and i dont believe rulesguy actually comfirmed it, he comfirmed that hand full whip double was illegal. and as for safety judges, y is spirit still doing it then?

Back