All-Star Super Spin-off: Priorities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the USASF could do a regional championship within the current competiton curcit and rotate it between tier 1 members for levels 1-4. That way the USASF dosent have the expense of the event and no one company or group of companies is favored.

Levels one through 4 don't need a nationals IMO

When I said 'USAG' (I think I was the one who said it), I didn't mean them specifically. I meant a universally recognizable governing body whose sole responsibility is the governing of their sport and all that entails. USAG is just the most prevalent to me because I was once a member lol

I think the USASF could do a regional championship within the current competiton curcit and rotate it between tier 1 members for levels 1-4. That way the USASF dosent have the expense of the event and no one company or group of companies is favored.

Levels one through 4 don't need a nationals IMO
Again, I'm as old school as you are (maybe even older) but I don't understand this!?

Ok, so I get your point/points but my question still stands, as things are now (change is slow and we all know what will and won't change) what realistic recommendations can you make? I'm all for speaking up, I have never been one to bite my tongue but I just don't see your recommendations being realistic.

Ok so the country is already cut up into regions for the USASF and EP's already operate comps in those areas.
So the USASF designates one comp each year in each state as the sectional "qualifying"events , then those that place in the top 3 move on to the regionals... Again an already existing tier 1 competition. This would be for all 1-4 in each region. It would give prestige to the title and keep travel to a minimum.
Keep worlds the same and we have a true State, Regional, and Nationals system and we can all still go to the competitions locally that we love. And te USASF dosent need to get into the EP buisness.

Ok so the country is already cut up into regions for the USASF and EP's already operate comps in those areas.
So the USASF designates one comp each year in each state as the sectional "qualifying"events , then those that place in the top 3 move on to the regionals... Again an already existing tier 1 competition. This would be for all 1-4 in each region. It would give prestige to the title and keep travel to a minimum.
Keep worlds the same and we have a true State, Regional, and Nationals system and we can all still go to the competitions locally that we love. And te USASF dosent need to get into the EP buisness.
See that's what I was saying about the good ole days, that's just how it used to be done. I WISH the USASF would step up and FORCE EP's to things like this but they are scared that they will lose them. Especially with Jam-brands gaining on Varsity aka USASF, I think the are fearful of losing their power if they stand too strong.

But the great thing about this is no EP is harmed. In fact the USASF gives EP's more incentive to fall in line because they know every few years thier event will blow up!!!
Each year a new event hosts the sectionals and regionals. Plus I can still go to NCA as my nationals cause that's what I love it's just not the USASF title.
We get a real title system and we dont have to loose one competition.

But the great thing about this is no EP is harmed. In fact the USASF gives EP's more incentive to fall in line because they know every few years thier event will blow up!!!
Each year a new event hosts the sectionals and regionals do it eliminates the biased. Plus I can still go to NCA as my nationals cause that's what I love it's just not the USASF title.
We get a real title system and we dont have to loose one competition.

how long has cheer canada been around ive never even heard of it :s
It came in this year. I don't know what all of Canada does, I only know what the organization I judge for uses, and I know that the ultimate goal is utilize this system.

I see what Cheer Canada's doing. I think they're trying to make a similar scoresheet to international divisions at Worlds. That's what it looks like at least, which is fine and good for level 5/6, I just don't think I like that score sheet for lower levels. It encourages advancement in an area that Canada is actually quite well known for (stunting), and discourages athletes from pushing as hard as they can for tumbling, the main place I think that Canada falters in comparison to America.
I think what it does is allows for the area in which we're strong to be weighted more heavily until the tumbling catches up. I now that in Manitoba, you will not find one single team that can max tumbling at any level. It doesn't happen. Most of them hardly hit the 50%+1 mark.

You have to remember, that not everywhere is hyper competitive and hell bent on maxing out and being national champs (whatever that means, its such an over used term with the 4938 nationals that exist). A lot of programs in smaller markets like Manitoba and Sask, they're just here for the fun of it.

I don't feel as though it is discouraging tumbling development at all. Any coach worth their salt knows that tumbling needs to catch up to stunting here, and they work towards it.

Has this been adapted yet by all competition companies? (not that there are many)
No it hasn't, and there's no mandate (as far as I know) for it to be used. I believe that its available for whatever EPs or associations to use so that they don't have to constantly develop their own.

Sorry for the bunch of replies in a row. I haven't been on the board yet this weekend....its usually how I waste time at work haha

It came in this year. I don't know what all of Canada does, I only know what the organization I judge for uses, and I know that the ultimate goal is utilize this system.
lol this would make sense as i have a cheerless life this year.. yay education

I think what it does is allows for the area in which we're strong to be weighted more heavily until the tumbling catches up. I now that in Manitoba, you will not find one single team that can max tumbling at any level. It doesn't happen. Most of them hardly hit the 50%+1 mark.

You have to remember, that not everywhere is hyper competitive and hell bent on maxing out and being national champs (whatever that means, its such an over used term with the 4938 nationals that exist). A lot of programs in smaller markets like Manitoba and Sask, they're just here for the fun of it.

I don't feel as though it is discouraging tumbling development at all. Any coach worth their salt knows that tumbling needs to catch up to stunting here, and they work towards it.

I completely understand this point of view, but if tumbling starts to mean more, coaches will focus on it more. It's not that coaches all together will not focus on tumbling, but it's been (in my opinion) the pressure of the American teams being so good at tumbling that has actually stepped up Canadian tumbling (I speak mostly of Ontario, it's what I'm familiar with) in the last.. I'd say 2 or 3 years. I just think if you continue to make scoresheets that favour one thing so dramatically, there may be this idea that tumbling doesn't matter as much in competition, so why should it in practice?

I really hope that the whole country does not develop these scoresheets.

Back