OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
haha so glad that i wont have to ever compete backwalkovers again. i haven't since my gymnastics days. i can't believe i used to do them on the beam...what was i thinking?! i'll stick to handsprings and layouts, please and thank you;)

They recently added the option to do a backhandspring instead of a back walkover in the level 5 (old level 6) compulsory beam routine to help kids who have back issues w/ the beam backwalkover.

They recently added the option to do a backhandspring instead of a back walkover in the level 5 (old level 6) compulsory beam routine to help kids who have back issues w/ the beam backwalkover.

wow i wish that was a thing two years ago! i could've avoided all my back injuries! but it's great to know that USAG is actually taking action to reduce overuse :)

i can't even imagine the pain that would cause.

total props to level one all star cheer teams. i don't know how you do it. bwo's are just awful imo

I've done privates with kids who are Level 4-5 getting ready for college.

I typically go through progressions of a few skills from all levels during the first private, just so I can see a kid's form/technique in skills before we start on the Level 5 stuff they need to work on/clean up.

You should SEE the faces on some kids when I say "Let's start with a BWO."

They just can't even.

I typically go through progressions of a few skills from all levels during the first private, just so I can see a kid's form/technique in skills before we start on the Level 5 stuff they need to work on/clean up.

They just can't even.

i literally could not even if you asked me to do that haha

They just can't even.
I've never been able to do more than a backbone kick over. I'm not able to pick my foot up while falling backwards. Too scary! I don't do anything with my arms in that position anymore (bridge, backbend kick overs) because I have problematic elbows that don't go that way, but even before then I wouldn't be able to do it! I'm amazed at sr 1 teams because once you develop a fear of falling backwards I feel like that would be hard to learn. Younger teams like minis and youth don't have as much fear (usually).

There are kids I've worked with who have multiple skills through to layout/full/double whom if life itself depended on executing a BWO would be DEAD. Super dead. It's hilarious.

On the other hand, when I work with Level 2 kids, I tend to notice that those kids with solid BWOs have better BHSs.

hahaha yeah, as much as i hated learning and doing bwos so much but i'm soo thankful that my gymnastics coaches made me learn the basics. now when i learn new skills its definitely a little easier!

So... the next season of Dance Moms premieres next week... Who's gonna tune in?

It looks diabolically good... as always :p. But I've decided that I won't tune in. I'll just watch it online sometime. Instead I'll catch up on the 5 seasons of PLL that I'm really overdue on :confused:

"Diabolically good". I can't think of a better way to describe Dance Moms :shimmy:

I will be tuning in (online, after it airs on TV.) Dance Moms is my guilty pleasure. It's probably the only "dramatic reality show" I care to watch :p I also can't wait to see all of the new dances there are in store for this season and how the kids have progressed!

Question: does anyone know if they will be shooting from the PA location or the new CA location? I'm not a fan of this new CA location thing but whatevs.

Back