All-Star The Preliminary Worlds Schedule Has Been Posted!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Me and a friend actually joked about having it at Madison Square Gardens one time :p
Do you guys think there's a chance that it ever actually will change venues? I love the idea of EVERY team in finals competing in one venue, it would make for an absolutely amazing day of cheerleading, but I know that not everyone at Worlds can fit into the Milkhouse (at least not with the current setup, Idk if there IS a setup where everyone could fit), so I wonder if people think there's actually a chance it will ever be moved.

Me and a friend actually joked about having it at Madison Square Gardens one time :p
Do you guys think there's a chance that it ever actually will change venues? I love the idea of EVERY team in finals competing in one venue, it would make for an absolutely amazing day of cheerleading, but I know that not everyone at Worlds can fit into the Milkhouse (at least not with the current setup, Idk if there IS a setup where everyone could fit), so I wonder if people think there's actually a chance it will ever be moved.

I think it would have to be somewhere where you can do airport transfers/shuttles to the venue/entertainment, etc. all in one place. Daytona works for College Nationals because the team only has to figure out airport transfers, otherwise everything is within walking distance (of course it's too small for Worlds, but something like that). Especially with international teams coming, you don't want to just stick them somewhere where they can't do anything and don't get to see anything but the inside of a convention center and a hotel room all weekend.

I think it would have to be somewhere where you can do airport transfers/shuttles to the venue/entertainment, etc. all in one place. Daytona works for College Nationals because the team only has to figure out airport transfers, otherwise everything is within walking distance (of course it's too small for Worlds, but something like that). Especially with international teams coming, you don't want to just stick them somewhere where they can't do anything and don't get to see anything but the inside of a convention center and a hotel room all weekend.

Like Anaheim or Vegas?

Like Anaheim or Vegas?

The thought of Worlds being in Vegas scares me. I have heard stories of drunk athletes and what they do at Disney so I can imagine what would happen if they were in Vegas. Are there that many fun things to do there for people under the age of 21?

Like Anaheim or Vegas?

That could work, I don't know Anaheim at all, but I'm not sure Vegas would be the best place to have an event where 90% of the athletes are under 21, and under 18 even.

The thought of Worlds being in Vegas scares me. I have heard stories of drunk athletes and what they do at Disney so I can imagine what would happen if they were in Vegas. Are there that many fun things to do there for people under the age of 21?
Vegas is much more family-friendly than it gets credit for. There are many things to do without gambling or drinking.

I would also bet that the intoxicated athlete issue would get squashed much more quickly in Vegas than at Disney. They don't play around when it comes to underage drinking and loud idiots.

Vegas is much more family-friendly than it gets credit for. There are any things to do.

I would also bet that the intoxicated athlete issue would get squashed much more quickly in Vegas than at Disney. They don't play around when it comes to underage drinking and loud idiots.

Yeah the only time I ever went was one I turned 21 and didn't do family oriented things so I didn't know if they really had anything like that.

I understand why they want to keep it where it is because it gives a nice place for families to vacation (i know i can't get enough Disney), but something does need t be done.
Would they be able to hold the event at the bigger orlando venue and then have special packages through Universal? That way they have the bigger venue and still open it up to a nice vacation spot for familes and the international community. The only downside to that is Universal doesn't have that many hotels and they seem to be pretty pricey.

Yeah the only time I ever went was one I turned 21 and didn't do family oriented things so I didn't know if they really had anything like that.

I understand why they want to keep it where it is because it gives a nice place for families to vacation (i know i can't get enough Disney), but something does need t be done.
Would they be able to hold the event at the bigger orlando venue and then have special packages through Universal? That way they have the bigger venue and still open it up to a nice vacation spot for familes and the international community. The only downside to that is Universal doesn't have that many hotels and they seem to be pretty pricey.

Many, many people have had their fill of Disney World. Besides, many of the athletes never even see the inside of one of the parks. It should be part of a rotation, and not an every-year locked-in spot.

Orlando is not the only place in the world that can handle athletes or tourists. The tiny venue is certainly the biggest issue, but cost, variety, and fairness to other teams are certainly issues too.

BlueCat beat me to it, but I agree. If anything Vegas is probably policed better than most areas. Provided there is a venue available on or near the strip, Vegas would be great. Plenty of things to walk around and look at. Hotels are actually very cheap. And since it's April, it's not deathly hot. Also, I think it has a lot of International appeal, similar to Disney.

Many, many people have had their fill of Disney World. Besides, many of the athletes never even see the inside of one of the parks. It should be part of a rotation, and not an every-year locked-in spot.

Orlando is not the only place in the world that can handle athletes or tourists. The tiny venue is certainly the biggest issue, but cost, variety, and fairness to other teams are certainly issues too.
Definitely agree, on the Disney issue. However, I'd still rather see a new venue, still become the only venue just to cut down on kinks of running a smooth event. I don't think Varsity/USASF really has the resources of other sporting events to be able to make a new venue (or even a handful) run great while changing each year.

WWoS is a great example. Its been there for years, and there are still lots of valid complaints each year. I absolutely LOVE the atmosphere of the Milkhouse like so many others. And dare I say it, moreso than NCA. But it is fast becoming another USASF hypocrisy. They continue to preach how their goal is to grow the sport, yet year after year, Worlds proves that it has outgrown the WWoS. Even taking into account the contractual issues, I still don't see any suitable adjustments being made.

The convention center is close to Disney (right off International Drive) - there are actually 2 convention center locations an east and west location -across the street from each other that could easily hold the competition.... Also the Amway arena (would be a stretch, but it is huge) - so there are other locations in Orlando if they wanted to somehow keep Disney involved in the package - I dont know exactly how that would work but there are other places that could hold the crowd that are bigger than the milkhouse - and I am sure there are other places besides Orlando/Disney that worlds could be held :) But if they kept it in Orlando, I think the convention center/Disney could somehow partner up..

The convention center is close to Disney (right off International Drive) - there are actually 2 convention center locations an east and west location -across the street from each other that could easily hold the competition.... Also the Amway arena (would be a stretch, but it is huge) - so there are other locations in Orlando if they wanted to somehow keep Disney involved in the package - I dont know exactly how that would work but there are other places that could hold the crowd that are bigger than the milkhouse - and I am sure there are other places besides Orlando/Disney that worlds could be held :) But if they kept it in Orlando, I think the convention center/Disney could somehow partner up..
I have said this for YEARS!!! This way they could keep "Disney" and accommodate the masses. I agree with BlueCat in rotating the Championships but if they aren't they have got to get out of the Wide World of Sports. This year is going to be INSANE!!! ONLY 10 per division competing on Sunday!? Will some go play at the parks, YES, but will MOST be fighting to watch, YES! Sunday is gonna be a MESS, I'll either stay backstage or in the coaches lounge hehe. Also they better PRAY for NO RAIN!!! God help them if it rains.

I have said this for YEARS!!! This way they could keep "Disney" and accommodate the masses. I agree with BlueCat in rotating the Championships but if they aren't they have got to get out of the Wide World of Sports. This year is going to be INSANE!!! ONLY 10 per division competing on Sunday!? Will some go play at the parks, YES, but will MOST be fighting to watch, YES! Sunday is gonna be a MESS, I'll either stay backstage or in the coaches lounge hehe. Also they better PRAY for NO RAIN!!! God help them if it rains.
April in Florida... there is big chance for at least some afternoon showers.... but let's hope not!!!
And I vote for the convention center! :D I am sure Disney can work their magic.

Looks like the Jostens will be packed Sunday for finals!! medium all girl!!! Lets bring the house down!

Looks like not many people are going to be watching Int Open 5 and 6 on sunday since the good teams there will be going at the same time that the top 5 teams in Lg Coed and Small Senior go on.

People will be able to see the top teams in every division except those 2.

Latest posts

Back