All-Star The Wire Article On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

35mpcph.png

Gabi seems like the kind of person that wouldn't hurt a fly. When I first read the article I didn't believe for one second she would say something like that in that context.

Am I the only one who, when reading the article, did not see anything hostile being said? I'm not saying Gabi's words were not taken out of context, but I did not feel like she was "calling them out" or anything.

I didn't see that either. I can definitely see where other people did see that, but when I initially read it I just saw it as her staying they post less cheer-skill related stuff (compared to Gabi) and more typical teenager pictures (selfies, goofing around with friends, ect).

Can of worms = opened.

So basically the author is saying Mr. Butler called her because he felt Gabi's rep was ruined.
So she pulls out the transcript and reiterates that in fact Gabi said what she said.
And author dismissed that there are BOYS in cheer. And author asked "Do you have to be pretty to be a cheerleb?"
So. Much. ADD in that article.

Reporters sell articles and get their name known by writing controversial articles. Wouldn't surprise me if there was another follow up article if enough response to the follow up just published. Does that make sense? There is a point regarding predators ogling these 'cheerlebs' but that is not exclusive to the cheer world. That is what we should be concerned with.

@Cheer Dad makes a good point here. The author intended to create some huge outcry about dirty old pedos. Gross, yes. But have we become so immuned to their remarks that we just gloss over the issue?

Back