All-Star "thigh And Body Rubbing"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Because little kids see the older kids do it and imitate it. Then it's gross for all of us. Also it adds nothing to the skills of cheerleading, moves like that push cheer more towards performance art, like dance, and away from being considered a sport.

But cheer (especially all star) IS a performance art and a sport which is why it's so unique. I don't see why it's a very big deal if older teams do it. I feel that if coaches don't want there youth and below teams doing it, then tell them its not for them to do.

As an athlete on a very demanding level 5 team, I can definitely say it seriously helps us get through a routine when we see our flyers being extremely fierce and when our dance is something we can really get into and move our bodies, instead of doing boring cookie cutter motions.

I think it's absolutely fine. Why is it a bad thing, especially once you get to Senior, and IOC5/6 levels? In my opinion, it keeps a routine from being too standard and boring. And it keeps the excitement up during the routine for the athletes performing.

Okay how does rubbing oneself keep the excitement up during a routine for the athlete? I think by that point their adrenaline is already up and rubbing parts of their body will not increase their energy. It is not technique or skill it is something borrowed from one type of dancing the type that involves people stuffing dollar in your panties. It takes away from this being a sport and being about athleticism and brings it right back to being eye candy.

But cheer (especially all star) IS a performance art and a sport which is why it's so unique. I don't see why it's a very big deal if older teams do it. I feel that if coaches don't want there youth and below teams doing it, then tell them its not for them to do.

As an athlete on a very demanding level 5 team, I can definitely say it seriously helps us get through a routine when we see our flyers being extremely fierce and when our dance is something we can really get into and move our bodies, instead of doing boring cookie cutter motions.

Based on you name will assume you are a young male and this explains much as to why our opinions greatly differ. Rubbing your body doesn't make a girl fierce - what they are doing up there is already fierce. What all level 5 athletes do is fierce and amazing. There is no creativity in rubbing your body and in most cases it looks so staged that it looks like a contrite stereotype and pushes cheer and female cheer leaders back about 20 years at least.

Because it's tasteless and hypersexual.

I wonder, do you get upset when outsiders claim that cheer is sexual? Because this is why.

Claiming that you can't perform or be creative without being sexual is a poor excuse.

Based on you name will assume you are a young male and this explains much as to why our opinions greatly differ. Rubbing your body doesn't make a girl fierce - what they are doing up there is already fierce. What all level 5 athletes do is fierce and amazing. There is no creativity in rubbing your body and in most cases it looks so staged that it looks like a contrite stereotype and pushes cheer and female cheer leaders back about 20 years at least.
AMEN. THANK YOU. I was trying to find kind, logical words to respond, but all I kept coming up with was "EW. NO."

There are so many things wrong with this.

Girls can be fierce, and have a great dance that you can get into without rubbing up and down their bodies. Mom2cheergirls said it perfectly, your username shows why you have a different opinion.

And you've obviously never worked with the younger ones. "Just tell them don't do this," doesn't work. They'll do it anyway behind your back. They look up to the older cheerleaders and want to be like them.

You're making bad excuses for why the girls need to try to be sexy.

There are so many things wrong with this.

Girls can be fierce, and have a great dance that you can get into without rubbing up and down their bodies. Mom2cheergirls said it perfectly, your username shows why you have a different opinion.

And you've obviously never worked with the younger ones. "Just tell them don't do this," doesn't work. They'll do it anyway behind your back. They look up to the older cheerleaders and want to be like them.

You're making bad excuses for why the girls need to try to be sexy.
I get the impression that he's young, too. I've never heard an older coach try to defend this.

Someone said that body rubbing keeps it creative...not when every other team does it. It's just not classy. Have your skills do the talking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if it were just one team, it wouldn't be creative. Anyone can rub themselves like a stripper, but only certain kids can really DANCE and carry a performance.

Back