All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok I will put my two sense in. I am over squads who stack their upper level sqauds with babies. I was at a competition this weekend, while watching team XYZ's youth small level 2 team I noted that their 3 flyers were the EXACT same 3 flyers on their senior level 3 squad! I mean really. How much talent does it take for a 18 year old to throw around a 10 year old. It seriously boils my blood.

i agree with this with the exception of that we have a girl we pulled up from our minis due to the fact that we had a girl quit a few weeks before our next competition. we pulled her up because she had the tumbling and we needed a flyer. being a small gym we did what we needed to do. she does a fantastic job, but we would never have pulled her up if we had another option to an older girl. we only have 3 teams and our youth girls didnt have the tumbling.

With the issue of crossover's i think they are very much needed but I think there needs to be a limit. I was down in Utah this weekend I saw one team with literally 30 crossovers there gym size is around 60. I saw another team where 19 of the 20 were crossovers from there large senior 5 down to there junior 5. This is ridiculous make your teams the size the need to be were you can limit the number of crossovers. If a kid asks to do I have no problem but, having cross overs to sandbag a team that is morally wrong to me.

Level 5 teams getting bids when they should be a level 4....
I was at a comp and I thought the team was a senior 4 (I obviously figured out they were 5).. on day 2 i was shocked:eek: to see they got a bid to worlds...
i agree, i think its WAY too easy to get to worlds. basically any team can go to worlds if they pick their competitions well

With the issue of crossover's i think they are very much needed but I think there needs to be a limit. I was down in Utah this weekend I saw one team with literally 30 crossovers there gym size is around 60. I saw another team where 19 of the 20 were crossovers from there large senior 5 down to there junior 5. This is ridiculous make your teams the size the need to be were you can limit the number of crossovers. If a kid asks to do I have no problem but, having cross overs to sandbag a team that is morally wrong to me.
there is a program in my area... they are small and only have three teams, but over HALF of the kids are on ALL of the teams, and another QUARTER is on TWO of the teams... so their level 2 is 75% level 3 and four girls.

I am over arguments about crossovers. And not just this season. Ever.

Totally off topic, but I just wanted to say.....Warriors are the BOMB!

Gratefully and humbly accepted on behalf of ACE. They have worked very, very hard and busted through several "glass ceilings" this year. I'm just so tickled for them. Thank you.

And you know that I love Smoke to death.

Didn't mean my reply to sound so snarky--as usual I'm sneaking Fierce Board at work so I had to type fast and post. I really just meant that I don't mind most crossovers--I think they are a necessity a lot of the time. And some kids
just.
love.
cheerleading.
I think we forget sometimes that that's actually the reason for most crossovers--because the child just plain wants to crossover--no secret ulterior motive on the gym's part. And I have no problem with kids being on as many teams as they want to do--my daughter is reeeeally begging her gym to put her on 2 teams next year so she can cheer more. Not to stack any teams or anything--just to max out her time.

I posted a few weeks ago asking if people thought it was better to go onto a team that is at the higher end of your skill set or lower (eg. a Level 3 athlete in a gym without a Level 3 team--which would be better, Level 2 or Level 4? The one where they'd be the best on the team, but not really learning anything new? Or the one where they'd be constantly learning and working to the next level up?) Crossing over solves this--you get both!

The only time crossovers bug me is when it's the gym wanting them to cross over, not the athlete--someone who is soooooo clearly Level 5 on all counts (stunting, tumbling, etc.) and they fill in on a Level 2 team to make the Level 2 team better. My kids' old gym used to use younger seniors to fill in on Juniors because the Junior team never did well at comp and the owner wanted the team to do better. She let any Seniors who were young enough cross over for FREE to the Junior team--and she made no secrets about it being to win.

Agreed!! Crossovers dont usually bother me but recently I saw a athlete that was on youth 2 crossover and do a standing full and was last pass on a level 5:confused:...I was like really..come on!!LOL

Back