All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Many people have appreciated what the USASF members like Les, Andre and ACEDAD have said to the board, but it has been a week and still nothing on the illegal parts of their routine issue. It may take time so until then I know I am just going to sit and try to patiently wait. The longer it takes though the more people may begin to think it is shady.

Les is the only one that works for the USASF. Acedad once volunteered as Chairman of the Special Needs and Parent Action Committees and I currently volunteer a member of the Athlete Registration System Technology Team and the Universal Scoresheet Committee. I'm also a Coach Credentialer and Rules Judge.

Les is the only one that works for the USASF. Acedad once volunteered as Chairman of the Special Needs and Parent Action Committees and I currently volunteer a member of the Athlete Registration System Technology Team and the Universal Scoresheet Committee. I'm also a Coach Credentialer and Rules Judge.
Oh, wait, what, huh, WOW!! I was COMPLETELY unaware of this!!! I did not think I would see the day, how can I vote for, donate, support this MORE!!??
P.S. Glad your on that committee

Oh, wait, what, huh, WOW!! I was COMPLETELY unaware of this!!! I did not think I would see the day, how can I vote for, donate, support this MORE!!??
P.S. Glad your on that committee

You can support this more by paying $10 to Fierceboard and getting a premium support ribbon.

My thoughts about this whole ordeal:

-Sketchy.

-Definitely a disadvantage to the teams that played by the rules.

-I do have confirmation that Texas took home bronze, So Bangkok did get the "feel good" gold... or "honorary" as you called it.

-Random thought: What if at worlds, you were not allowed to wear uniforms, names or be announced as your gym/country in any way until awards. Anonymous cheer!!! Do you think the results would be the same?

-I guess Im the only one who cracks up that bangkok did their pyramid to "Shots".

What if at worlds, you were not allowed to wear uniforms, names or be announced as your gym/country in any way until awards. Anonymous cheer!!! Do you think the results would be the same?
I have been DYING to host a competition where NO ONE can wear any identifiable team name during the competition. I think it extends to more than just worlds, but especially there. I watched an entire day on Saturday (and I know it only counts on Sunday) but I felt there were a number of teams who I felt should have placed much higher, but looking at the results, most of those were "small name teams" (please not an insult).

I didn't blame anyone...I asked a question. I was confused by Andre's post and asked for clarification.

I wasn't trying to imply YOU specifically were looking to blame anyone I was making a separate point. It seems many are looking for someone or thing or entity to blame and in my opinion I simply don't think there's any one person to blame for all this... Honestly, not that worlds has been around for a long long time but it is kinda surprising to me something like this hasn't happened before. Or maybe it has and there just hasn't been a resource like the fierceboard for people to comment about it.

What if at worlds, you were not allowed to wear uniforms, names or be announced as your gym/country in any way until awards. Anonymous cheer!!! Do you think the results would be the same?
I have been DYING to host a competition where NO ONE can wear any identifiable team name during the competition. I think it extends to more than just worlds, but especially there. I watched an entire day on Saturday (and I know it only counts on Sunday) but I felt there were a number of teams who I felt should have placed much higher, but looking at the results, most of those were "small name teams" (please not an insult).

I have been saying this for years!! OBSESSED with this idea!

I wasn't trying to imply YOU specifically were looking to blame anyone I was making a separate point. It seems many are looking for someone or thing or entity to blame and in my opinion I simply don't think there's any one person to blame for all this... Honestly, not that worlds has been around for a long long time but it is kinda surprising to me something like this hasn't happened before. Or maybe it has and there just hasn't been a resource like the fierceboard for people to comment about it.

The one thing I hope that can come out of all this (as I don't see changes happening now) is that every time something happens there are SEVERAL places for public discourse and expression to be made. Fierce Board, Facebook, Twitter, Spirit Post. I also take solace in the fact that Fierce Board is the solution at the moment. If it went away in a week there would be a new one somewhere else. The need for our cheer community to have a gather place is quite large.

I literally had to walk away from my computer after reading this thread (and I read all of the posts). I am so incredibly angry over this. This nulls and voids all placements of all teams. Before people start telling me oh no, nope, nada; let me explain. Allowing cheating, whatever the reasoning, calls into question ALL of the divisions. I have no idea and neither does anyone else whether other indiscretions, bending of rules, etc. were actually allowed that no one even knows about. What is so infuriating to me is that it takes away from what should be considered the true winners of every division. I know I will always have in my mind if things were being manipulated behind the scenes for certain teams.

I am going to email every member of the board with my concerns as I am a gym owner, have been a participant, judge and event producer. I think there is a lot that needs to be corrected within USASF and explainations should be clear and transparent. I do completely agree that mistakes happen. All the time. However, it does not explain the safety violations.

I have to belong to the USASF or my gym doesn't really count, but I have to tell you, I am not at all happy with some of these situations. There are too many of them. And please don't tell me how far we have come. I have been around too long, seen and heard too much. Correct it or void it (USASF). There is no excuse when these situations come up and are not corrected within a reasonable amount of time. (which Kingston clearly attempted to address for quite a while).

I literally had to walk away from my computer after reading this thread (and I read all of the posts). I am so incredibly angry over this. This nulls and voids all placements of all teams. Before people start telling me oh no, nope, nada; let me explain. Allowing cheating, whatever the reasoning, calls into question ALL of the divisions. I have no idea and neither does anyone else whether other indiscretions, bending of rules, etc. were actually allowed that no one even knows about. What is so infuriating to me is that it takes away from what should be considered the true winners of every division. I know I will always have in my mind if things were being manipulated behind the scenes for certain teams.

I am going to email every member of the board with my concerns as I am a gym owner, have been a participant, judge and event producer. I think there is a lot that needs to be corrected within USASF and explainations should be clear and transparent. I do completely agree that mistakes happen. All the time. However, it does not explain the safety violations.

I have to belong to the USASF or my gym doesn't really count, but I have to tell you, I am not at all happy with some of these situations. There are too many of them. And please don't tell me how far we have come. I have been around too long, seen and heard too much. Correct it or void it (USASF). There is no excuse when these situations come up and are not corrected within a reasonable amount of time. (which Kingston clearly attempted to address for quite a while).

regardless of all the comments I've made I couldn't agree with you more!

It's great that you have been a member already, but the frustration of every current member is understandable. You should all look to the many non-member gyms, coaches and athletes benefitting from YOUR membership for why the USASF can't possibly by as responsive as you want them to be.

Under the circumstances they are doing a pretty good job with the little they have to work with.

I can say as a member of GT IOC6 that we don't feel "jipped" and we did win(I'm pretty sure our worlds rings won't say "co-champion" on them) and we are very proud of our performance. Not speaking for the team, as I'm only one person, I was very happy for Bangkok and they were amazing! I do, however, feel this situation is very unfortunate for the USASF. I have no opinion to share about the "right or wrong" part of this matter (seeing as that would be inappropriate for obvious reasons). My only additive to this is that I hope the USASF does correct this for the future so international cheer can grow. While Ioc6 isn't very appreciated in the US (we can't even get a paid bid) I do feel that it Is the strongest WORLDS division, meaning it has the strongest international team presence. I definitely hope this all is worked out not only for the betterment of worlds but for the division I love to be a part of!!
Also, to comment about whether or not Bangkok was at worlds last year, "University of Bangkok" was not at worlds last year. I don't care what level 5 team was there from the country of Thailand, the team that competes in ICU and level 6 was not there for 2010. So just wanted to squash that.
Thanks to Les and Andre for all their input and clarifications!! There is a lot of confusion about this situation but one thing is 100% for sure- and that's that there will be no answer or action that will make everyone happy. I just hope its cleared up enough for everyone to move on and next year everyone have a fair shot at the 2012 title!!
My only negative thing to add about the situation is that if I read one more person say "they deserve it" I'm gonna punch my screen lol. The things I've read people Say about "the money they spent, they put on a good show", and whatever else they wanna say, you are demeaning the sport. This is not directed at Bangkok whatsoever, this is just in general, but this is not a popularity contest. And if all it took was spending money and putting on a good show to "deserve" a title, then I'll take out a bis bank loan and rent the cast of la nouba for a day and bring home a ring every year lol. If we want this to be a sport then ALL assumptions should be made (USASF having a precedent set already for a non US team being good enough to win like in this situation),having rules to stick by, and sticking by them whether it be Bangkok, Gymtyme, or team Antartica!! No one could have ever seen this happening, but it did, so now we fix it and learn from it, and move on!!

Back