All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can say as a member of GT IOC6 that we don't feel "jipped" and we did win(I'm pretty sure our worlds rings won't say "co-champion" on them) and we are very proud of our performance. Not speaking for the team, as I'm only one person, I was very happy for Bangkok and they were amazing! I do, however, feel this situation is very unfortunate for the USASF. I have no opinion to share about the "right or wrong" part of this matter (seeing as that would be inappropriate for obvious reasons). My only additive to this is that I hope the USASF does correct this for the future so international cheer can grow. While Ioc6 isn't very appreciated in the US (we can't even get a paid bid) I do feel that it Is the strongest WORLDS division, meaning it has the strongest international team presence. I definitely hope this all is worked out not only for the betterment of worlds but for the division I love to be a part of!!
Also, to comment about whether or not Bangkok was at worlds last year, "University of Bangkok" was not at worlds last year. I don't care what level 5 team was there from the country of Thailand, the team that competes in ICU and level 6 was not there for 2010. So just wanted to squash that.
Thanks to Les and Andre for all their input and clarifications!! There is a lot of confusion about this situation but one thing is 100% for sure- and that's that there will be no answer or action that will make everyone happy. I just hope its cleared up enough for everyone to move on and next year everyone have a fair shot at the 2012 title!!
My only negative thing to add about the situation is that if I read one more person say "they deserve it" I'm gonna punch my screen lol. The things I've read people Say about "the money they spent, they put on a good show", and whatever else they wanna say, you are demeaning the sport. This is not directed at Bangkok whatsoever, this is just in general, but this is not a popularity contest. And if all it took was spending money and putting on a good show to "deserve" a title, then I'll take out a bis bank loan and rent the cast of la nouba for a day and bring home a ring every year lol. If we want this to be a sport then ALL assumptions should be made (USASF having a precedent set already for a non US team being good enough to win like in this situation),having rules to stick by, and sticking by them whether it be Bangkok, Gymtyme, or team Antartica!! No one could have ever seen this happening, but it did, so now we fix it and learn from it, and move on!!
Go Antartica or Antarctica! Like your post

It's great that you have been a member already, but the frustration of every current member is understandable. You should all look to the many non-member gyms, coaches and athletes benefitting from YOUR membership for why the USASF can't possibly by as responsive as you want them to be.

Under the circumstances they are doing a pretty good job with the little they have to work with.
Hi Shark Dad. I don't think we have ever chatted on a subject from the Fierceboard, but your posts are always great.
Having said that, I am sorry to disagree with your above statement. Kingston brought up the issue at hand - too many boys on the floor for a long time. It should not have taken months/years to get this situation straightened out. I personally spent several months trying to get the USASF credentialing tests for Level 2 to match the USASF Level 2 rules. That is too long for these matters. I am not talking about general bitching for changes people wish for. I am talking about blatant and obvious inconsistencies that should be corrected as soon as they are brought to the attention of someone in charge and who can change it. I am very appreciative of those who give their time and energy to better this sport. However, I think there should be a sense of urgency on some things.

Go Antartica or Antarctica! Like your post

Love Team Antarctica - extra warm uniforms!

On a serious note, UofLStunt101 - I completely agree, ioc6 is a big, truly international division! I still don't get why it's not as appreciated as level 5 - both show awesome skills. Mind you, I'm a Allgirl 6 girl, so I may show some bias towards the level! :D

Let's hope the problems this year are resolved for next year.

Congrats on your Championship ring!

Hi Shark Dad. I don't think we have ever chatted on a subject from the Fierceboard, but your posts are always great.
Having said that, I am sorry to disagree with your above statement. Kingston brought up the issue at hand - too many boys on the floor for a long time. It should not have taken months/years to get this situation straightened out. I personally spent several months trying to get the USASF credentialing tests for Level 2 to match the USASF Level 2 rules. That is too long for these matters. I am not talking about general bitching for changes people wish for. I am talking about blatant and obvious inconsistencies that should be corrected as soon as they are brought to the attention of someone in charge and who can change it. I am very appreciative of those who give their time and energy to better this sport. However, I think there should be a sense of urgency on some things.

Where do you want the issue you mentioned to be prioritized next to Universal scoresheets, Athlete Credentialling, The new USASF Member ship system that is being developed for next year, running Worlds, finalizing the rules changes, setting up for the summer NACCC meetings, . . . .?

Where do you want the issue you mentioned to be prioritized next to Universal scoresheets, Athlete Credentialling, The new USASF Member ship system that is being developed for next year, running Worlds, finalizing the rules changes, setting up for the summer NACCC meetings, . . . .?

Cheating should be first, because if we allow this, nothing else matters. If you think I am dissing those working hard to get things right for us, you are wrong my friend. I said I appreciate what they do. Allowing cheating at THE premier event (illegal stunting, illegal numbers) kind of negates everything, don't you think?

Cheating should be first, because if we allow this, nothing else matters. If you think I am dissing those working hard to get things right for us, you are wrong my friend. I said I appreciate what they do. Allowing cheating at THE premier event (illegal stunting, illegal numbers) kind of negates everything, don't you think?
cant agree with you more! people need to realize when you take a position you are gonna have a lot thrown at you. you cant sit there and say " well I have a lot of issues to solve, so im gonna let this one slide for now " . thats NOT how things work. GROW UP & take responsibility for your job and actually do it and ALLLL of the parts to it!

I've read about the illegal numbers but were there illegal stunts in that division also?

I'm understanding more and more why Jamz is wanting to break away from all this. I think NCA is gonna become more of the "Worlds champ" as long as usasf keeps screwing things up.

cant agree with you more! people need to realize when you take a position you are gonna have a lot thrown at you. you cant sit there and say " well I have a lot of issues to solve, so im gonna let this one slide for now " . thats NOT how things work. GROW UP & take responsibility for your job and actually do it and ALLLL of the parts to it!

I don't think anyone allowed cheating on purpose, but that's my opinion. Les provided a pretty detailed response of how things didn't go well and he stood by his decisions. My response was because you specifically mentioned some level 2 discrepancies.

There are lots of things that can be done better in the sport and with the USASF. They can't do everything all at once. When you have too many things to do than the resources to do them, you prioritize and handle them as best as you can, then take responsibility for the things you can and can not handle. That's exactly how things work and it's very grown up.

@lolsmileyface_backAGAIN if you have a CONSTRUCTIVE suggestion on how things can go better, please share it and I'll be glad to enter the discussion and explain anything I know about why there are limitations to any idea. I started a thread about it already here: http://fierceboard.com/threads/how-to-fix-the-usasf.15747/

I started the thread a few days ago and haven't seen any suggestions or questions yet. I'll wait for yours.

I don't think anyone allowed cheating on purpose, but that's my opinion. Les provided a pretty detailed response of how things didn't go well and he stood by his decisions. My response was because you specifically mentioned some level 2 discrepancies.

There are lots of things that can be done better in the sport and with the USASF. They can't do everything all at once. When you have too many things to do than the resources to do them, you prioritize and handle them as best as you can, then take responsibility for the things you can and can not handle. That's exactly how things work and it's very grown up.

I started the thread a few days ago and haven't seen any suggestions or questions yet. I'll wait for yours.

No, I don't think anyone did any cheating on purpose. And I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Stella. He did explain the numbers on the floor. Nothing was explained as to illegal stunting, BUT perhaps that was addressed on their score sheets.

I am not entirely getting how my mentioning the fact of the credentialing tests not matching the rules would not be an urgent matter as that is what my teams are judged on according to events following USASF rules, but I think it was very important. (btw, it was eventually corrected by Mr. Stella himself)

Now, having said that, I officially volunteer my time any way I can to help with anything the USASF would like me to do if I can do it from my home. I can't afford to travel as I work and do not get paid to run or coach my gym. I have no desire to be making up the rules and regulations, but I don't mind doing any grunt work needed.

No, I don't think anyone did any cheating on purpose. And I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Stella. He did explain the numbers on the floor. Nothing was explained as to illegal stunting, BUT perhaps that was addressed on their score sheets.

I am not entirely getting how my mentioning the fact of the credentialing tests not matching the rules would not be an urgent matter as that is what my teams are judged on according to events following USASF rules, but I think it was very important. (btw, it was eventually corrected by Mr. Stella himself)

Now, having said that, I officially volunteer my time any way I can to help with anything the USASF would like me to do if I can do it from my home. I can't afford to travel as I work and do not get paid to run or coach my gym. I have no desire to be making up the rules and regulations, but I don't mind doing any grunt work needed.

The credentialing issue is an urgent matter. . .to you and everyone involved in level 2. I was not trying to minimize it, just point out it is one of many matters that are urgent to different people. I am not the one to prioritize for the USASF, but it is something I know they have to do every day.

It's great you are willing to volunteer to help. I'll pass it along.

Back