All-Star Trinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cljacks99 while yes, there are people on here speculating about the reason, I think the majority of us are more wondering why she won't just SAY that she's left TG. I don't care why she left. If it was supposed to be a big secret that'd be one thing, but the posts and the videos would indicate its the worst kept secret in cheer right now. Jeez - angel rice is doing a better job of being secretive about it and HER MOM works there.

The other thing most of us are confused about is that while yes, cheer is expensive and yes, people leave gyms all the time (lord knows my kids have seen their fair share of gyms), Trinity and Top Gun aren't exactly down the street from each other. So it's going to pique people's curiosity and of course they're going to wonder why she is going to a gym several hundred miles away. My kids aren't famous at all but you can bet if we suddenly started posting on Facebook that they were training at Fame NY people would say "Wait... don't you live in Chicago? Did you move? What's going on? Why are you in NY?" So it's natural that someone as well known as Gabi is going to spark questions with something like this.

I think that giving scholarships to people that can't afford it, but have great talent or a great drive to learn is fantastic :) I support that. But if I were a mother of a girl at a gym who gave scholarships to just boys at a gym, I would be upset that some boys on a team aren't paying, but those girls are forking out thousands to cheer :eek: anybody else think that too??

Parents knew before tryouts that this was the case. It would be something to think about before trying out. I think once you have the information and still tryout that you must accept it. I don't think it knocked any paying girls off of Worlds teams, they kept both Worlds teams in the same divisions.

Who knows what's going on and what does it matter? It's hard to understand people's decisions when you don't know them personally or walk in their shoes. Nobody makes a big deal when boys fly to Miami to cheer at Top Gun.

Just because someone is a cheerlebrity it doesn't give us the right to know every detail of their life. Maybe they are visiting another coach for tumbling privates. Nobody talked about it when I drove my kid to Kentucky for privates with Debbie Love. When you are the caliber of coach that Debbie and Tonya are, people are going to come to you, no matter where you are.

Let's give this poor little child some space. I'm sure we will know what we're meant to know when we're meant to know it.

Parents knew before tryouts that this was the case. It would be something to think about before trying out. I think once you have the information and still tryout that you must accept it. I don't think it knocked any paying girls off of Worlds teams, they kept both Worlds teams in the same divisions.
We don't have a huge amount of boy cheerleaders in or around out town. So its known that they usually cheer for free. Not necessarily free but uniform, and monthly fees. They have to pay comp fees, and travel expenses but that's it. It helps get boys in the gym, and they do work around the gym and help out. No one has a problem with it...but its no where near 20 guys either.

Who knows what's going on and what does it matter? It's hard to understand people's decisions when you don't know them personally or walk in their shoes. Nobody makes a big deal when boys fly to Miami to cheer at Top Gun.

Just because someone is a cheerlebrity it doesn't give us the right to know every detail of their life. Maybe they are visiting another coach for tumbling privates. Nobody talked about it when I drove my kid to Kentucky for privates with Debbie Love. When you are the caliber of coach that Debbie and Tonya are, people are going to come to you, no matter where you are.

Let's give this poor little child some space. I'm sure we will know what we're meant to know when we're meant to know it.

I don't know why I keep reading this thread because I really couldn't care less about this gym, but I'm bored outta my skull this weekend so I'll play.

I don't understand "give this poor little child some space". You make it sound as if we're hounding her, calling her at home, posting on her Facebook... All I've seen is a few posts asking if anyone knows if she left top gun and if she's cheering at trinity this season. No one's asking about "every detail of her personal life". I never understand these posts - if you are a "cheerlebrity" and you take all the perks that go with that, then you gotta take the negatives too - which would be that people wanna know things. And if she posts things on her Facebook page that has thousands of people on it, its kind of to be expected that those people might read it and ask questions. It's not like people are asking where she goes to school or if she's dating, they're asking where she's cheering.

I just never buy into the whole "so-and-so didn't ask to be a cheerlebrity!" If you look at the various cheerlebrities, you can see a huge difference in their level of "cheerlebrity-ness", and that is directly related to how much they played into or accepted the role. Some do a lot more publicity type events, magazines, autograph signings, meet n greets, etc while others only do the "cheerlebrity" thing if they are directly approached by a fan. If you go the route of accepting the status, then don't get all upset when people question things like where you're cheering.

*Note - this is not to say that Gabi or her family is upset. They've chosen not to respond, which is perfectly acceptable. I'm just saying this for the people getting all upset about people asking a simple question.

All this just honestly blows my mind (and frankly makes me a little jealous). How can all these families just afford to up and change cities/states/jobs just to relocate to a different gym? Top Gun and Trinity aren't exactly a hr apart...

Then I'm reading that Top Gun has a host families for their boys, people fly in to practice at teams out of state, etc etc--> has cheerleading gotten this cray? I wanna just up and move to be near one of my dream gyms, sheeze.

Anyway, people should just stop complaining. This kind of drama is what we need to get us through what I'd call the dead season (post worlds, pre- next competition season). It'll be a while b4 we have summer tumbling/ camp vids to discuss, so enjoy the crazy coach tweeting drama:wasntme: !

guess what gym she's tumbling in ;)

sorry, i had to.

in all seriousness, she has always been a very well rounded athlete, with an obvious strength in flying/flexibility. but if 1 week (or however long) with tonya has done this to her tumbling, i can't even imagine what amazing things will be coming out of this child by the end of the season.. whether it be a cheer season or power tumbling, or wherever life takes her. i just hope she is cheering.. anywhere on any team, because she is truly talented and seems to have the passion to go along with it. she has an amazing family and support system, i doubt they'd send her in the wrong direction.

Is that a rod floor? not trying to take away from her talent just wondering since I hadn't seen her tumble like that before....

Then I'm reading that Top Gun has a host families for their boys, people fly in to practice at teams out of state, etc etc--> has cheerleading gotten this cray? I wanna just up and move to be near one of my dream gyms, sheeze.

This actually isn't too uncommon in most sports once a high level is reached. Billeting in hockey is a common occurrence. My family almost took in a junior hockey player a few years back. My brother's friend's brother left home at 15 to go play at a higher level than what was available at home.

This actually isn't too uncommon in most sports once a high level is reached. Billeting in hockey is a common occurrence. My family almost took in a junior hockey player a few years back. My brother's friend's brother left home at 15 to go play at a higher level than what was available at home.

We've never done it, but there's a family in our neighborhood that's hosting a junior hockey player from Minnesota. Really nice kid, almost certainly going to get a college scholarship somewhere. (Which makes the player's family's investment in hockey worth it.)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Right...both most sports that have kids that do this have college scholarships, professional leagues or the olympics to work towards. We don't.

SIDE NOTE: I had NO IDEA Gabi was a BOMB tumbler! I knew she was flexible but didnt know if she tumbled too? WOW! Best of luck to where ever she lands!
same! i'm very impressed with her.

We're actually hosting three baseball players for the summer. They're college ball players from the Midwest playing in a summer league here. One has already been drafted by the brewers, the other two are trying to get drafted by the pros. They should arrive this week :D

We're actually hosting three baseball players for the summer. They're college ball players from the Midwest playing in a summer league here. One has already been drafted by the brewers, the other two are trying to get drafted by the pros. They should arrive this week :D

That’s awesome. We always see stuff about people hosting cheerleaders and we have always wanted to do it, but we live way too far away from all of the cheerleading gyms in California. Not sure anyone would want to live with a family that makes a 2 hour commute to cheer :) lol

Back