All-Star Tumbling Skills From Easiest To Most Difficult?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is the order of difficulty for me personally:

Forward roll
Cartwheel
Back walkover
Front walkover
Punch front
Round off backhand spring
Standing backhand spring
Round off multiple backhand springs
Standing multiple backhand springs
Round off tuck
Round off layout
Round off handspring tuck
Round off handspring layout
Hand hand tuck
Hand hand layout
Front walk over through to tuck
Front walk over through to layout
Round off handspring full
Front walk over through to full
Pike and hurdler tucks
Standing tuck
Punch front through to tuck
Toe tuck
Standing handspring tuck
Jump to handspring tuck
Backwards roll, pretty sure I have a mental block with these because I knew a girl who was working fulls and broke and dislocated her fingers by doing one.

For me (note, I'm no advanced tumbler)
Forward roll
Backward roll
Cartwheel
Roundoff
1 hand cartwheel
Front handspring
Backhandspring-ish (I have it with a light spot and was working it by myself but haven't been to tumbling since the end of May)

Never been able to do a front/back walk over. Never tought them

Forward roll
Cartwheel
Round off
Front handspring
Back handspring
Front walkover
Round off back handspring
Standing tuck
Cartwheel tuck
Cartwheel back handspring
Running series
Standing series
Handspring tuck
Jumps to tuck
Round off tuck
Round off back hand tuck
Round off back hand layout
Back extention roll
Back walkover

Standing tucks are my favorite, which is why it's so early on the list. Same with cartwheel tucks, they are just so fun!

I can't do a back walkover to save my life, and I really wish I could!

For me:

-forward roll
-backward roll
-cartwheel
-straddle roll
-frontwalkover
-backwalkover
-roundoff
-front handspring
-standing bhs
-roundoff bhs
-roundoff series bhs
-standing series bhs
-side aerial
-roundoff tuck
-roundoff bhs tuck

I only included basic stuff in this, not specialty passes and stuff. I'm now working on my two to tuck and roundoff layout, neither of which I can do without a spot yet. Basics are stressed a ton at my gym, so basically everyone has both walkovers on both sides. My cheering pet peeve is people who expect to be spotted on tucks before they can even do a standing handspring, like, no that is NOT how it works :mad:

For me:
Cartwheel
Round off
Forward roll
Front walkover
Front handspring(Do we even do those?)
Back Handsprings
Tucks
Layouts
Fulls
Back walkover

I agree with what's been said.... Back walkovers, ESP for boys. My son has one that's not pretty but none of our boys can get one and they have doubles. Some of the girls can't either, hello back and shoulder flexibility. Our coaches make my son do them all the time just to get him flexible.

Ok whats up with the backwards rolls? We had a gymnastics unit in P.E. and backward rolls were the first thing we learned and no too many people had trouble with it....

For me:
Cartwheel
Round off
Forward roll
Front walkover
Front handspring(Do we even do those?)
Back Handsprings
Tucks
Layouts
Fulls
Back walkover
You're right about the front handspring thing. I've never seen one and had to Youtube it. Doesn't look right! lol

You're right about the front handspring thing. I've never seen one and had to Youtube it. Doesn't look right! lol
The only time I've seen it is in a pass where they do a front handspring right into a punch front/(front punch?) through to a whole bunch of complicated skills.

Cp started tumbling already able to do forward and backward rolls, cartwheels and round offs.

From there the order in which she got things isn't necessarily things that were easiest, but I'll try:

Back walkover
BHS standing first, running second
Front walkover/BHS step out (I'm sure the step out was easier, not sure which she got first)
Running tuck
Standing tuck
Running layout
Toe tuck
Punch front (super easy for her)
Aerial
Running full
Punch front step out
Whips thru to tuck, layout, full
Front handspring
Arabian
Whip punch full/layout
Whip punch full has been landed but isn't yet done consistently

Some of these skills took her months to perfect while others were super fast. I would say the running tuck took the longest, the punch front the quickest.

Ok whats up with the backwards rolls? We had a gymnastics unit in P.E. and backward rolls were the first thing we learned and no too many people had trouble with it....

They are hard :p! I got a front tuck (punch front?) (Well it wasn't amazing and I can't do it without a spring board..) at gymnastics which is harder than a backwards roll, when I do a backwards roll I just end up rolling over my shoulder no matter how hard I push with my hands :/

For me difficulty would go:
Log roll
Forwards roll
Janky roundoff
Janky front tuck (but not without spring board)
Backwards roll

And yeah that's all I can do but I think that's mainly because I preferred front tumbling when I took lessons, so if anyone wants to donate tumbling skills to me I really wouldn't mind ;)

Back