All-Star Tumbling Skills From Easiest To Most Difficult?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Been cheering for 8 years, on a l5 team...I can't do a back bend without my head touching the ground. Flexibility = 0

Handstand, Forward roll, cartwheel, round off, backhandspring, back walkover, running tuck, running handspring tuck (single then multiple), standing two to tuck, layout, standing tuck, front walkover (yes, very sad), back extension roll, front handspring, jumps to tuck, standing two to layout, punched front handspring. Currently working on punch front, full, and whips. I have a hard time with front tumbling...

I progressed oddly.
Forward roll
Backward roll
Cartwheel
Handstand
Round off
Back handspring
BHS series
Standing tuck
Round off back handspring
Round of series
Round off handspring tuck
3 to a tuck
2 to a tuck
1 to a tuck
Round off tuck
Jumps to tuck
Back walkover
Front walkover

I started out in gymnastics, got to about level 4ish, then took a 2 year break and switched to cheer.

forward roll
handstand
handstand roll
cartwheel
round off
backward roll
front walkover
bridge kickover
back walkover
front handspring
roundoff toe touch
punch front
barani
back handspring (not very good)

I guess I have a weird mental block on back tumbling... I have NO idea how I can throw a punch front to barani combo pass and not a decent back handspring. :confused:

The only time I've seen it is in a pass where they do a front handspring right into a punch front/(front punch?) through to a whole bunch of complicated skills.
The only time I've seen someone do just a front handspring was on our J2 about 3 years ago.
Fast forward to like :36. Never seen it after that

For me, in order of difficulty (not necessarily the order I learned them in!):

Round off back handspring
Standing backhandspring
Round off backhandspring series
Back walkover
Front walkover
Running tuck
Standing backhandspring series
Hand hand tuck
Standing tuck
Running layout
Running full
Hand hand layout
Running double full
Hand hand full

not including combination/specialty passes

Plus I don't do punch fronts because they kill my knees and I have knee problems :(

I remember when they changed back extension rolls in competition to mean you had to snap your arms down and pop to handstand..before you could just muscle it. Had to retrain my body. Was NOT. HAPPY.

I've heard of them needing to pop to the handstand (a lot of people do it this way anyways) but never popping to the feet?

You're right about the front handspring thing. I've never seen one and had to Youtube it. Doesn't look right! lol

More people technically do front handsprings in transitions than they do walkovers. Especially guys. It's easier to pop off the hands before hitting the feet and although they are stepping out of it and not landing on two feet, if the hands are off the floor before the feet hit, it's a front handspring.

I started out in gymnastics, got to about level 4ish, then took a 2 year break and switched to cheer.

forward roll
handstand
handstand roll
cartwheel
round off
backward roll
front walkover
bridge kickover
back walkover
front handspring
roundoff toe touch
punch front
barani
back handspring (not very good)

I guess I have a weird mental block on back tumbling... I have NO idea how I can throw a punch front to barani combo pass and not a decent back handspring. :confused:

Doesn't gymnastics start at a level 4? Because that's the level my gym started competing and anything below that was pre-team or rec.

Lol at y'alls convo about the front handspring. I showed my daughter and let her watch a YouTube video now she wants one because those are cool and front walkovers are not lol!

Back