Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 14, 2016
I just finished my allstar cheer season and I haven't tumbled in a while and probably won't tumble for another month. Is it possible I will loose all my tumbling skills? I just got my full and I'm afraid I am going to have to redo all my handwork for it.

P.S. I can't do classes now because I am in soccer season.

Yes, it's possible but unlikely if you really "had" the skill and didn't just chuck it and pray. If you do have to backtrack, I'm sure your body will remember what it's supposed to do.
Is there any way you can go to open gyms occasionally to keep up with your tumbling?

Yes, it's possible but unlikely if you really "had" the skill and didn't just chuck it and pray. If you do have to backtrack, I'm sure your body will remember what it's supposed to do.
Is there any way you can go to open gyms occasionally to keep up with your tumbling?
No, I haven't thought about open gyms yet! Thank you!

I just finished my allstar cheer season and I haven't tumbled in a while and probably won't tumble for another month. Is it possible I will loose all my tumbling skills? I just got my full and I'm afraid I am going to have to redo all my handwork for it.

P.S. I can't do classes now because I am in soccer season.

Hey! i totally understand that you took a year off, good for you!! i doubt you will loose the basics (bhs, tuck, layout) just try doing a bhs / standing tuck or 2 on the ground before you try doing anything crazy!

As long as you keep up with conditioning (it sounds like you won't have a problem with this as you are doing soccer) you shouldn't have too hard of a time with doing the skills after a break. If you're worried about loosing the skills maybe you could ask your coaches for drills that can be done at home?

When you just get a full, even if you don't take a break from tumbling it can take time before it is consistent. Open gyms and conditioning are great suggestions.

Back