High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Um! Hand-Raise! We were one of them!!! I swear we are better than that :(
(shaking head in hands on forehead in chair in "sound area" while audio gal next to You tells you your routine is over... And your only reply is to look up and say "good")
[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] oh boy!! There is always next year!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1). Coaches reception on Day 1 w/ big bro/sis

2). New and improved leadership training

3). Revamped stunt classes and pyramids

4). Squad credentialing

You can read more here: 2016 Cheerleading Camps | UCA Cheer Camps

Personally I'm really looking forward to #1 so I can get to know the coaches I'll be working with more and help them get the most out of their camp experience.

I go to nca camps and meeting 1 on 1 with our buddy have a always been a thing. Weird this is new to UCA

I go to nca camps and meeting 1 on 1 with our buddy have a always been a thing. Weird this is new to UCA
Well we have lots of one and one time to work with our little sister teams already but I'm taking this as something else that's just for the coaches more at the end of the day? At least that's how I'm reading it.

Well we have lots of one and one time to work with our little sister teams already but I'm taking this as something else that's just for the coaches more at the end of the day? At least that's how I'm reading it.

For NCA camps on day 1, coaches and their "buddy" get together to discuss goals for camp, any existing injuries, and just to get a feel for the "vibe" of the squad for lack of a better term. I always made sure to get a feel for how much the coaches wanted me to push their team and what their focus was.

I think that @Doctorcheer was just saying that it is strange that UCA already didn't do something similar!

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] oh boy!! There is always next year!
:)

I'm being silly... Poor kids had everything that could possibly go wrong at the last minute go wrong, you'd swear someone had a bag of spirit sticks somewhere and dropped them or something...it was what it was... And I'm glad they had the experience because I know they never want that to happen again. Regardless, very proud they stood together and were able to take it as a constructive experience.

I'm being silly... Poor kids had everything that could possibly go wrong at the last minute go wrong, you'd swear someone had a bag of spirit sticks somewhere and dropped them or something...it was what it was... And I'm glad they had the experience because I know they never want that to happen again. Regardless, very proud they stood together and were able to take it as a constructive experience.

I just watched your video. I saw a lot of teams at nationals that looked a lot less prepared than your bunch. I don't think they have anything to be embarrassed about.

Good for them. I as a coach still get nauseous before they go out.. We had a crappy go round as well.. Was not our best by far ... C'est la vie !

I just watched your video. I saw a lot of teams at nationals that looked a lot less prepared than your bunch. I don't think they have anything to be embarrassed about.
Which team? I would love to watch them.. We are the worst critics of our own teams.. We are always so so critical of them, while others are like wow that was great and I'm over here like wth are u looking at? Didn't you see those froggy legs? You didn't see how off the whole tumble sequence was?
And the ripple was disgusting!! And their like oh really?? I thought it looked good ! Lol
We are our worst enemy ! Lol

Which team? I would love to watch them.. We are the worst critics of our own teams.. We are always so so critical of them, while others are like wow that was great and I'm over here like wth are u looking at? Didn't you see those froggy legs? You didn't see how off the whole tumble sequence was?
And the ripple was disgusting!! And their like oh really?? I thought it looked good ! Lol

She coaches Tulare

Awe... Thanks, we had a kid learn the routine in 2 days to replace an injury, had to modify all our 1 man work, changed our cheer, and take out all full up work the week before. Also had an injury in warm ups! (Our school doesn't really allow for alternates so...something we just got amended this week, YAY !)

Awe... Thanks, we had a kid learn the routine in 2 days to replace an injury, had to modify all our 1 man work, changed our cheer, and take out all full up work the week before. Also had an injury in warm ups! (Our school doesn't really allow for alternates so...something we just got amended this week, YAY !)
I'm going to watch it :)

Thank goodness! This'll save your butts next year, Why didn't they allow alternates before?

I just watched! Not bad!! I saw wayyyyy worse! Center point flyer had a gorgeous kick full basket and heel stretch :) just take this and learn from it..:) we all have those cringe moments :)

This! Agree!!!!!

Back