High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm being silly... Poor kids had everything that could possibly go wrong at the last minute go wrong, you'd swear someone had a bag of spirit sticks somewhere and dropped them or something...it was what it was... And I'm glad they had the experience because I know they never want that to happen again. Regardless, very proud they stood together and were able to take it as a constructive experience.

This experience will definitely go a long way in helping the kids prepare for next year! I

Thank goodness! This'll save your butts next year, Why didn't they allow alternates before?
All the programs in our district must have exactly 16 kids in varsity, no more ... No less... Something happens you can not train anyone for their position or move anyone up. (Note: our district has never really competed)... I just got them to compete last year for the first time ever... Also, if we started out with a group of 16 and 1 dropped we have to utilize ALL the 15 in their current positions (sounds like someone who has no idea about cheerleading made these rules up, right?! )... We got an exception this year because we were going to nationals and paid all this money and had a last minute Injury. Well... All this is Changing next year! Thank goodness!!!!!

All the programs in our district must have exactly 16 kids in varsity, no more ... No less... Something happens you can not train anyone for their position or move anyone up. (Note: our district has never really competed)... I just got them to compete last year for the first time ever... Also, if we started out with a group of 16 and 1 dropped we have to utilize ALL the 15 in their current positions (sounds like someone who has no idea about cheerleading made these rules up, right?! )... We got an exception this year because we were going to nationals and paid all this money and had a last minute Injury. Well... All this is Changing next year! Thank goodness!!!!!
Having alternates is great because it keeps kids on their toes (your spot on the mat is not guaranteed) and provides flexibility in the event of illness or injury. I can't believe that no one thought of that.

Having alternates is great because it keeps kids on their toes (your spot on the mat is not guaranteed) and provides flexibility in the event of illness or injury. I can't believe that no one thought of that.
What?? Yeah some AD who has no clue about cheer made those up!!
Hopefully next season it can change !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having THE RIGHT alternates is great. Having alternates who cannot walk and chew gum at the same is just filling up a uniform.

Is it difficult to use anything other than 4? I'm trying to imagine what it's like to each them different stunt positions.
We ideally take 4. Otherwise I've found it to be problematic. We've had 2 and 3 before but then they can't really stunt. Having alternates that haven't been working the stunt aren't prepared for the routine strength or endurance wise. This year we had 6 and the two left over alternated in but it was more work to have 6 than 4! 4 or 8 is the best way to go, keep it enough to form groups!

They have to pay for that brand new arena at ESPN they are building!!! All $$$ driven !
That and soo many teams didn't even remotely look ready for that stage this year!

I think that's why the rates for nationals have gone up so much. In the past 5 years it is up about $115 per person. Every year I wonder how it can rise so much and how everyone can keep affording it if it continues to go up so much every year. At this rate another couple of seasons we'll be at $600 a girl for the cheapest rate possible plus travel and food. If the championship has been around for 25ish years, then the rates can't have been rising this much the whole time! I think that building probably has a lot to do with the rise in cost.

I think that's why the rates for nationals have gone up so much. In the past 5 years it is up about $115 per person. Every year I wonder how it can rise so much and how everyone can keep affording it if it continues to go up so much every year. At this rate another couple of seasons we'll be at $600 a girl for the cheapest rate possible plus travel and food. If the championship has been around for 25ish years, then the rates can't have been rising this much the whole time! I think that building probably has a lot to do with the rise in cost.
Yes! And guess what next year the dates are already posted ... It's over Prez weekend so airfare is going to be sky high!! Fml!

Yes! And guess what next year the dates are already posted ... It's over Prez weekend so airfare is going to be sky high!! Fml!

Feb 11 & 12! I saw those dates. My number one thought was does it conflict with Cheersport? Normally UCA is one week, Cheersport the next and then NCA the next. If UCA and Cheersport are the same weekend that could mess with some scheduling for lots of coaches!! I need to check but Cheersport has been presidents weekend for forever it seems!

Bonus is no school on Monday though!!

Feb 11 & 12! I saw those dates. My number one thought was does it conflict with Cheersport? Normally UCA is one week, Cheersport the next and then NCA the next. If UCA and Cheersport are the same weekend that could mess with some scheduling for lots of coaches!! I need to check but Cheersport has been presidents weekend for forever it seems!
Oh boy!!!

Back