All-Star Uca Nationals Orlando

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

uca did want to somehow also give them one, but it wasn't possible.

Two ways it can be possible in the future:

1. write the bid declaration giving them the freedom to decide differently
2. grow UCA back into a larger competition which would allow them to give 4 paid bids

it just doesnt seem very UCA to set their own rules and then go behind their own rules and apologize to a team....for their rules.
ok well i'm not in any way trying to argue. just saying what happened. but yes they did say they wanted to give orlando a bid, but they had to follow the national champions come first in the order- rule. i also didnt say they tried to break the rules, they just apologized because they didnt realize before the competition that there could be an issue like this where a team that scored higher would not get a bid over others. once again, not trying to take away from the bid winners

ok well i'm not in any way trying to argue. just saying what happened. but yes they did say they wanted to give orlando a bid, but they had to follow the national champions come first in the order- rule. i also didnt say they tried to break the rules, they just apologized because they didnt realize before the competition that there could be an issue like this where a team that scored higher would not get a bid over others. once again, not trying to take away from the bid winners

My only issue with the whole thing, being, what is the point of bringing this up? This is actually the exact same type of bid declaration that NCA has. I do not think it works for a smaller competition as well as a larger competition, but it is what it is.

My only issue with the whole thing, being, what is the point of bringing this up? This is actually the exact same type of bid declaration that NCA has. I do not think it works for a smaller competition as well as a larger competition, but it is what it is.
im sorry i actually was mistold the conversation. the person i talked to exaggerated. sorry for all this buzz

congrats all the teams who competed. Great sportsmanship everywhere
I'm sorry to report a bit of bad sportsmanship. When they called the top three teams from International Open Coed 5 up to the stage for awards, several members of Brandon Steel felt the need to hog the stage and stand right in front of the second place team. It wasn't possible to get a nice photo of all three teams and this cheer mom was really disappointed. CIA was ecstatic with their second place finish and deserved a small spot in the limelight. Brandon Steel is an amazing team and they more than deserved their full paid bid, but a little humility might be in order. Just sayin'.

@kingston @ACEDAD
Did you read my post about international bids?

Yeah, and it took me a minute to find it on the IASF page. http://iasfworlds.org.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Files /FORMS /IASF_Tier1_2.pdf

im sorry i actually was mistold the conversation. the person i talked to exaggerated. sorry for all this buzz

Not buzz, it is just what is the point. Do you want people to be mad at UCA? Do you want people to be mad at the bid winners? Do you want pitch forks? Do you want the board to raise money personally for Orlando (which is who this all comes back to).

Honestly, let it be. People (and I) think OA is a great team. But carrying on and keep bringing it up seems like whining.

Yeah, and it took me a minute to find it on the IASF page. http://iasfworlds.org.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Files /FORMS /IASF_Tier1_2.pdf

Not buzz, it is just what is the point. Do you want people to be mad at UCA? Do you want people to be mad at the bid winners? Do you want pitch forks? Do you want the board to raise money personally for Orlando (which is who this all comes back to).

Honestly, let it be. People (and I) think OA is a great team. But carrying on and keep bringing it up seems like whining.
yes youre completely right. and the person i talked to obviously made the thing sounds bigger than it actually was. sorry for the misunderstanding. everyone did amazing and they will all do amazing again at worlds. lets just leave this conversation because i should've got more info before saying anything

On a completely unrelated point - I was so disappointed in the audience at UCA and I presume I would mainly be talking about parents. I have NEVER seen so much trash left in the seating area before. There were drink containers, napkins, drink carriers, plates, etc left all under the chairs. Come on people, I think we were all taught to clean up after ourselves.

Also wanted to give a shout out to Elite Athetics Sen 3 from MO. Really enjoyed talking to some of your parents and loved your dance.

ACEDAD said:
Yes. I was right!! Not trying to do the superior dance here, but after my BUTBT error, I was afraid to start a trend!

:D

Score one for acedad.

Back