All-Star Uca Nationals Orlando

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And why are they ineligible? There is no rule that says international teams have to compete in international. That is why there has been a few canadian teams to compete in small senior before.

It is not about the division, they were ineligible to get a bid at UCA because the rule states you must receive a bid in the country you are from.
Just as US teams are not allowed to go to Columbia or Canada or China to get a bid to worlds, Vancouver can not receive a bid from an American competition.

Vancouver All Stars Large Senior will not be at worlds but their International All Girl 5 already has a bid and will be there.

It is not about the division, they were ineligible to get a bid at UCA because the rule states you must receive a bid in the country you are from.
Just as US teams are not allowed to go to Columbia or Canada or China to get a bid to worlds, Vancouver can not receive a bid from an American competition.

Vancouver All Stars Large Senior will not be at worlds but their International All Girl 5 already has a bid and will be there.

Can you point me to where it says that? I have never seen that and cannot find it on their bid declaration page:

http://uca.varsity.com/docs/11_Worlds_Bid_Declaration.pdf

OK, so the explanation I just got (which is what I thought) a gym has nothing to do with a certain country. An EP decides who and how they want to award the bid. They could give it to last place if they so chose. As long as a team meets the requirements for a certain division, it does not matter the country they are from.

UCA could place personal restrictions on the bid awarding process, but I did not see it on their bid declaration page. If Vancouver would have won, they would have a bid.

Unless you have something to point to refutes that?

OK, so the explanation I just got (which is what I thought) a gym has nothing to do with a certain country. An EP decides who and how they want to award the bid. They could give it to last place if they so chose. As long as a team meets the requirements for a certain division, it does not matter the country they are from.

UCA could place personal restrictions on the bid awarding process, but I did not see it on their bid declaration page. If Vancouver would have won, they would have a bid.

Unless you have something to point to refutes that?

Guess I won't find anything then, huh?

Guess I won't find anything then, huh?

Probably not. I just did a search on the whole entire USASF site and searched in the bid packet as well.

I'm not trying to start anything about all this bid talk, but the owners of UCA did call the owner of Orlando All-stars and say they apologized for how the rules read and they had all their officials watch the Angels on Sunday and they all agreed that a full paid bid should have been given to them. But there was no way to go around the rules and they said they all had no way of going around it. I'm not trying to take anything away from the teams that got the bids because they were all very good but UCA did try and figure out a way to give Orlando the bid

I'm not trying to start anything about all this bid talk, but the owners of UCA did call the owner of Orlando All-stars and say they apologized for how the rules read and they had all their officials watch the Angels on Sunday and they all agreed that a full paid bid should have been given to them. But there was no way to go around the rules and they said they all had no way of going around it. I'm not trying to take anything away from the teams that got the bids because they were all very good but UCA did try and figure out a way to give Orlando the bid

I don't mind discussion, but you are trying to start something. Otherwise why would you post it?

Probably not. I just did a search on the whole entire USASF site and searched in the bid packet as well.

Yeah, me too. FWIW, I did email Steve Peterson just in case I missed something.

Yeah, me too. FWIW, I did email Steve Peterson just in case I missed something.

Feel free! If it is a rule (which is quite possible) it is not at this moment documented (which, unfortunately, is also quite possible).

did this actually happen..?

did this actually happen..?
ya it did, im not saying everyone didnt deserve their bids because i loved all those teams and they were amazing! i'm just standing up for orlando because uca did want to somehow also give them one, but it wasn't possible. not trying to make anyone mad at all! i think everyone did absolutely amazing this weekend- still wished that somehow orlando could have received a bid also after scoring high and working really hard. sorry if anyone took offense

The ruling falls within the IASF because teams were beginning to cross borders in search of bids in Europe and South America. countries where cheerleading was more advanced was making it difficult for newer teams to get bids so in search of easier bids, teams would go to nearby Countries. The problem then fell into the hands of the IASF who couldn't help these countries attain VISAs to get to worlds. Their own countries wouldn't permit them to travel as a national team and represent a different company from a different nation. In the end, a ruling was made and Steve Peterson sent it out to the International event producers in May 2009. So, since then, you can only obtain bids in your own nation. There is presently one regional exception in the Northwest: Pacwest and Sea to Sky are both permitted to give bids to outlining Provinces ands States due to the uniqueness of the region and history of USASF Bids in Vancouver Canada since 2007 (b4 ruling was made)

ya it did, im not saying everyone didnt deserve their bids because i loved all those teams and they were amazing! i'm just standing up for orlando because uca did want to somehow also give them one, but it wasn't possible. not trying to make anyone mad at all! i think everyone did absolutely amazing this weekend- still wished that somehow orlando could have received a bid also after scoring high and working really hard. sorry if anyone took offense

it just doesnt seem very UCA to set their own rules and then go behind their own rules and apologize to a team....for their rules.

Back