Uniforms...shorts Or Skirts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I personally don't like shorts even though they eliminate problems. Some gyms/people don't look good in them though. Although they look fine on some teams (i.e. F5).

I was going to order shorts this year but after watching teams perform in them I noticed they look like French cut bikini bottoms after just 1 eight count. All I could see after that was crotch shots and wedgies so we are going with the skirt again.

i like both , it looks more athletic when you have shorts but it also looks good on the girls but if they arnt built for it they look bad..but i think skirts are good too

I like skirts and shorts. But if your skirt is not going to cover your rear and I'm going to be looking at your spanks anyway, go for shorts...

in my opinion, skirts are very traditional in cheerleading. they're cute but i hate how they ride up and girls constantly pullingn at them. the shorts are soooo cute and alot more athletic. ive heard people say the shorts ride up too and look like underwear but all you gotta do it put hairspray on your thigh and on top of the shorts and they're good! i've also seen the skorts (skirrt in front and shorts in the back) and i guess they're okay but they look so weird! i dont like them at all but that's just my style. if i were a gym owner, i'd keep in mind that shorts don't look good on everyone !

in my opinion, skirts are very traditional in cheerleading. they're cute but i hate how they ride up and girls constantly pullingn at them. the shorts are soooo cute and alot more athletic. ive heard people say the shorts ride up too and look like underwear but all you gotta do it put hairspray on your thigh and on top of the shorts and they're good! i've also seen the skorts (skirrt in front and shorts in the back) and i guess they're okay but they look so weird! i dont like them at all but that's just my style. if i were a gym owner, i'd keep in mind that shorts don't look good on everyone !

Does that really work?

I think alot depends on the design of the uniform as far as the look. I had a coach send me a pic of their new uni and the crop top was solid colored with a white design and then zebra print shorts. It honestly looked like the bottoms were missing & it was just the top and spanks. I totally stuck my foot in my mouth and was like really cute spanks lol. She was like no we are doing shorts this year. Ooops! There are some that look nice and if the entire team can pull it off with a good design I say try it.

It has to be a perfect storm of a team where every girl has amazing abs and legs, and the design matching up with the top for shorts to actually work.

Screen shot 2011-08-12 at 10.25.52 AM

Back