All-Star Veteran Versus New Posters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When you click on someone's username/picture this comes up (I used yours as an example because it doesn't work when I click on my own, I hope you don't mind!):

x0y8sj.jpg

There's a option that says "ignore" (I circled it)... Click that and that user's posts don't show up for you!
huh, thats weird never even knew that was there, so its like a block thing?

Not sure about the ignore button. The one statement they make could spark a whole debate and Id never know! Well I guess id have to un-ignore them

If you click on someone's avatar, you are given the option to ignore. You will not be able to see their posts anymore unless you want to.
oh okay thanks to you and mollymags i never knew that was there.

eta: i dont think i would ever use it, i do like to read everyone's posts regardless of whether i like them or not.

People call Twilight glorified fanfiction in the sense that it's not well-written

Oh no you didn't!!! :jawdrop: As a mother of a 2 CPs, who has read all of the books in the Twilight series twice, it pained me to hear that someone didn't think that the books were well-written. I absolutely love those books!! But then again, I read to escape from reality, which of course is why Twilight was written. :p

jus because your new to the boards doesnt mean your new to all stars.
ex. what if maddie gardner came on the boards? would she be considered a newbie?
The term Newbie here isn't about your time in cheer, it's more about your time on the board. In my opinion, the people who are Newbies to the board and Newbies to cheer are usually the best kind of Newbies. They rarely join for the sole purpose of dropping drama-bombs. They ask a lot of good questions, even if the answers are simple or second nature to the people with history. They take time to learn the board rules and the posting nuances.

Again, that's my opinion.

Oh no you didn't!!! :jawdrop: As a mother of a 2 CPs, who has read all of the books in the Twilight series twice, it pained me to hear that someone didn't think that the books were well-written. I absolutely love those books!! But then again, I read to escape from reality, which of course is why Twilight was written. :p
I can't stand them BUT I understand why they're so popular- it's pure escapism (the horrendously unreal concept of 'changing a person' and being loved despite being 'boring and plain'). Although, if you honestly look at a list of 'Ways to Tell if You're in an Abusive Relationship', you'll find Bella and Edward match almost every one. I find Bella vapid, unintelligent, and one-dimensional: not what I'm looking for in my book heroines (Hey Katniss and Hermione!). She writes on a fifth grade level. It doesn't help that at the time I was reading it, I was also reading Atlas Shrugged. It's blasphemy to do that- I don't suggest it lol :p If you like them, read them to your hearts content. I got halfway through the series and contemplated a large-scale book burning. Also I disagree with many of Stephanie Meyers ideals..

THANK YOU kristenthegreat ! I agree with your view on Twilight. I was just telling my friend how I see many parallels between the popularity of 50 Shades and the Twilight series. They're crazy fantasies in which the boring "doesn't know she's pretty so she keeps to herself" girl falls for the Adonis-like male that every woman swoons over. The authors seem like they're the star students in their 6th grade classes, abusing the thesaurus to place big words in their writing to impress their teachers. Too much angsty fluff in both books.

ETA: Sorry to totally go off topic. Everyone loves a good thread-derailment!

I can't stand them BUT I understand why they're so popular- it's pure escapism (the horrendously unreal concept of 'changing a person' and being loved despite being 'boring and plain'). Although, if you honestly look at a list of 'Ways to Tell if You're in an Abusive Relationship', you'll find Bella and Edward match almost every one. I find Bella vapid, unintelligent, and one-dimensional: not what I'm looking for in my book heroines (Hey Katniss and Hermione!). She writes on a fifth grade level. It doesn't help that at the time I was reading it, I was also reading Atlas Shrugged. It's blasphemy to do that- I don't suggest it lol :p If you like them, read them to your hearts content. I got halfway through the series and contemplated a large-scale book burning. Also I disagree with many of Stephanie Meyers ideals..
I'm pretty sure that series is the textbook for Codependency 101. As far as critical writing, it's got nothing on JK Rowling books 1-5. Don't get me started on 6.

However, as I read to escape and get tired of my doctoral boring "high quality" writing, I must admit, I've read the twilight series multiple times. I just wish shed finished Midnight Sun...written from his POV it was immensely better than Twilight was.

#totalhijack....sorry

THANK YOU kristenthegreat ! I agree with your view on Twilight. I was just telling my friend how I see many parallels between the popularity of 50 Shades and the Twilight series. They're crazy fantasies in which the boring "doesn't know she's pretty so she keeps to herself" girl falls for the Adonis-like male that every woman swoons over. The authors seem like they're the star students in their 6th grade classes, abusing the thesaurus to place big words in their writing to impress their teachers. Too much angsty fluff in both books.

ETA: Sorry to totally go off topic. Everyone loves a good thread-derailment!

Actually, I'm fairly certain 50 shades (before it became popular) was twilight fan fiction! Hence the parallels....

Back