All-Star Veteran Versus New Posters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hmm not sure where I fall. Ive been on the boards over 2 years so half newb half vet maybe. I generally like most of the newbs. As stated ^^ 'the who do you think should have won worlds' type threads when worlds was 5 months ago bother me. I love when a newb challenges a vet since Im still scared to do so. :p
Why?

Not really, because I remember being scared to post (briefly, LOL). But it's kind of like this;

The first time your kid says "I hate you", you die inside and think "I must be a terrible person". By about the third time it happens you figure out they're just being a brat and trying to hurt you - you laugh and keep on doin' what you were doin'.

HOUSEWIFE.jpg

I wouldn't say I'm a newbie, more like I'm in the summer-before-my-sophomore-year phase...?
But I have to agree with everyone telling newbies to read/lurk/get to know how the boards work before diving in. Just be careful, sometimes when doing this you get to know everyone, but they don't know you!! You could feel like you know someone because they are such great contributors to the boards, but they have no idea who you are! Try to make a good first impression. Gain respect by posting thoughtful, grammatically-correct messages (with maybe a Mean Girls quote sprinkled here and there).
In good time, you'll make some awesome friends, have some stimulating conversations and even earn a couple shimmies along the way.

YOU WRITE FANFICTION!?!?! *showers you in confetti and sparkles* My day has just been made. Fo serious.
Girl....my stuff won multiple readers choice awards! I got skilz. I wrote for the HMS Harmony. Pretty much stopped when book six came out and that ship sunk. But I wrote them as adults or 7th year students. it was squicky writing them as kids.

Why?

Not really, because I remember being scared to post (briefly, LOL). But it's kind of like this;

The first time your kid says "I hate you", you die inside and think "I must be a terrible person". By about the third time it happens you figure out they're just being a brat and trying to hurt you - you laugh and keep on doin' what you were doin'.

HOUSEWIFE.jpg
I guess its because sometimes when you go against the grain you wont come out well lol trust me Ive been there.

Is it sad that I actually pay attention more to what newbies say than some of the older posters? Literally, sometimes certain veterans post with such a condescending attitude it makes me feel the same way I did about Mean Girls 2. And that's not good.

I just discovered the "ignore" feature on here and I haven't felt like I needed to use it for any newbies... I can't say the same about some of the older posters. The boards are so much more pleasant without having to read some of the over the top rude posts that come from a few people ;)

I just discovered the "ignore" feature on here and I haven't felt like I needed to use it for any newbies... I can't say the same about some of the older posters. The boards are so much more pleasant without having to read some of the over the top rude posts that come from a few people ;)

I think I have 1 person ignored...and they are of the newbie variety lol

After catching up on some threads today I wanted to say to all the new posters out there....please keep posting!

All of us were "new" to the boards at some point as I was 7-8 years ago. The veteran's input isn't any more important that yours and you will be what keeps these boards going as many of us follow other paths. Do your due diligence in finding an answer (Search Bar, Reading the whole thread, etc.) but if you can't find an answer then don't be afraid to ask. There are several verterans still posting ACEDAD TheUltimateFan (to only name a few) that helped me through the newbie process and continue helping others today. Hang in there!
jus because your new to the boards doesnt mean your new to all stars.
ex. what if maddie gardner came on the boards? would she be considered a newbie?

I think I have 1 person ignored...and they are of the newbie variety lol
what is this ignore thing you speak off?

If you click on someone's avatar, you are given the option to ignore. You will not be able to see their posts anymore unless you want to.

When you click on someone's username/picture this comes up (I used yours as an example because it doesn't work when I click on my own, I hope you don't mind!):

x0y8sj.jpg

There's a option that says "ignore" (I circled it)... Click that and that user's posts don't show up for you!

Back