All-Star Veteran Versus New Posters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel so dumb, but I had never heard of fanfiction until 50 shades of Grey. Can you explain to me what it is? (sorry for the hijack, but I've been wanting to ask but was too afraid to ask - thought the nice "be nicer to newbies" thread would be a safe place :D)
it kills me your reading that book lol

I'm reading the third book...:oops: Is my sweet, innocent, cookie-making, bling shirt wearing mom image tarnished?

I'm reading the 3rd one now too. I often read out at lunch and feel like I need to cover the book so no one knows what I am reading!! In all truth though I'm not really that crazy about the series but I am one of those OCD people that has to finish something I start. There are SO many intimate scenes that I just skim over now. Hahahaha!

I'm reading the 3rd one now too. I often read out at lunch and feel like I need to cover the book so no one knows what I am reading!! In all truth though I'm not really that crazy about the series but I am one of those OCD people that has to finish something I start. There are SO many intimate scenes that I just skim over now. Hahahaha!
haha find a dust jacket of another book that is kinda the same size and just place it over it. I know its paper back so it would be awkward feeling but no one else would notice.

it is an awkward book, but a great convo starter hahaha

eta: im glad i have a kindle so it makes it less weird hahah

I agree! The writing is awful - the girl says "Holy cow/crap/whatever" on every page, and some of the "intimate scenes" are now just excessive and annoying. Someone earlier said they started out as part of the story line, and now they're just gratuitous - true. But I'm also OCD and have to finish every book I ever start, no matter if I like it or not. But I must admit I don't really understand the hype.

If you sit in our parent room at the gym there are at least 5 moms reading it at any given time. Awkward.

it is an awkward book, but a great convo starter hahaha

eta: im glad i have a kindle so it makes it less weird hahah

I have a nook, so I read it on there. But I usually read on the subway to or from work and I just couldn't do it, the seats are too close! I did see a couple of women last week reading the paperback on the train, and I thought they were brave to do so!

I read them in a few days because I was having a lazy weekend and my boyfriend was playing video games. I agree about the quantity of those scenes, it got a little bit ridiculous, but it was some good light reading.

I have a nook, so I read it on there. But I usually read on the subway to or from work and I just couldn't do it, the seats are too close! I did see a couple of women last week reading the paperback on the train, and I thought they were brave to do so!

I read them in a few days because I was having a lazy weekend and my boyfriend was playing video games. I agree about the quantity of those scenes, it got a little bit ridiculous, but it was some good light reading.
i think any book with those type of scenes shouldnt be excessive. like cool it haha

Just-a-Mom
about the hype thing i didnt really get that for hunger games. i mean it was good but not better than harry potter and people had the audacity to even compare them

Disagree. I started Harry Potter and instantly was over it. I have yet to see any of the movies. Hunger Games on the other hand I finished the series in about a week.
hunger games i finished in a weed as well, the books were good but the movie was crap.
i started with Harry Potter and fell in love instantly! watched all the movies and read all the books over my 3 week long Christmas break ahaha

Back