OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm really thinking Abby should have made a senior aged company with some of the girls they had try out. She'd clean up at competitions. Plus who knows how catty it could get between her and Cathy.
There probably is a senior company....it just doesn't have its own reality show!

Just because it's called 'unscripted', doesn't mean the show isn't scripted, arranged, franken-bit to death before y'all even see it. It just means they aren't handing you set lines you have to say. They are still free to set up scenarios and prompt certain things/responses/reactions. Granted, they can only use what you give them, but you give them things you don't even realize. When you sign up for reality tv, you sign up to be portrayed however they want to portray you. If they want you as a drunk, they'll clip all the sections of you drinking a glass of wine together to make it look like you downed a glass that may have taken you an hour to drink in 'real time'. They might ask you in the more 'interview' section of the show 'What do you think is your daughters strength and weakness?'..but only show the weakness part so it looks like you're mean to your daughter. They might film a reaction to one statement and put it in with another. When you know what to look for, it's amazing how you can track what has been edited out of order/out of context and what hasn't. Something to keep in mind..also remember the hours might not be regular. They might be filming certain things early to make the girls seem tired or to make stress-related stuff come out.

Kendall used to dance at the same place I danced at when I was super duper little. I ended up switching studios when I got older, but it's only like 15 minutes from where I live in Pittsburgh.

And I loved the premiere! I'm team Chloe! I love Christi................she speaks to me. She's just so sassy, I love it! and she's the complete opposite of Chloe. I think Brooke will quit next season because I think then she ages out of the junior divison and she can't be part of "the group" anymore. I LOVE DANCE MOMS! I can't wait till the summer. Christi and Kelly always do meet and greets with their girls but I never am home long enough to go to one.
Actually in dance, there is no aging out for duets/trios/groups...It is the average age of all of the kids in the group...So technically, you could have a 14,12,11,11,10,9 and 8 year old, all together in one group and they would average out to only 10, so they would compete in the junior division.Brooke would just have to compete her solos in the teen age group and she could be forced to compete with little kids for YEARS! Actually pretty sad for Brooke, she seems to be the only one who doesn't like to dance or the cameras...poor thing.

Just because it's called 'unscripted', doesn't mean the show isn't scripted, arranged, franken-bit to death before y'all even see it. It just means they aren't handing you set lines you have to say. They are still free to set up scenarios and prompt certain things/responses/reactions. Granted, they can only use what you give them, but you give them things you don't even realize. When you sign up for reality tv, you sign up to be portrayed however they want to portray you. If they want you as a drunk, they'll clip all the sections of you drinking a glass of wine together to make it look like you downed a glass that may have taken you an hour to drink in 'real time'. They might ask you in the more 'interview' section of the show 'What do you think is your daughters strength and weakness?'..but only show the weakness part so it looks like you're mean to your daughter. They might film a reaction to one statement and put it in with another. When you know what to look for, it's amazing how you can track what has been edited out of order/out of context and what hasn't. Something to keep in mind..also remember the hours might not be regular. They might be filming certain things early to make the girls seem tired or to make stress-related stuff come out.
i remember watching holly talk to abby in the lobby and I was watching the clock behind them. the time jumped all over the place!

Am I the only one who is annoyed with Christy? I'm sure she's nothing like it in real life, but Lifetime does a seriously good job of editing her to basically only talk about how Abby only cares about Maddie and not Chloe. And yeah, I would agree with you, but I'm tired of hearing Christy whine about it every week.

Also, I think it's ridiculous that Abby would expect a parent to be at the studio at all times with their child. If the mom's aren't expected to work, how exactly should they be paying for it? Isn't it something like $30,000/year? If Holly drops Nia off at the studio and picks her up when class is over, then so what? I never expected my parents to hang around during my dance or cheer practices, and those were never the serious time commitment that this dancing is.

Am I the only one who is annoyed with Christy? I'm sure she's nothing like it in real life, but Lifetime does a seriously good job of editing her to basically only talk about how Abby only cares about Maddie and not Chloe. And yeah, I would agree with you, but I'm tired of hearing Christy whine about it every week.

Also, I think it's ridiculous that Abby would expect a parent to be at the studio at all times with their child. If the mom's aren't expected to work, how exactly should they be paying for it? Isn't it something like $30,000/year? If Holly drops Nia off at the studio and picks her up when class is over, then so what? I never expected my parents to hang around during my dance or cheer practices, and those were never the serious time commitment that this dancing is.
I completely agree with the bolded part! All Abby is doing with that situation is creating unneeded tension between Nia and her mother!

However, i LOVE Christy, i think she is hilarious and likely says everything all of the moms think but don't say!

I completely adore Chloe. I personally think that she is a more graceful dancer then Maddie. And she just seems so kind and sweet.
i completely agree, I've always preferred Chloe of Maddie, but i LOVE to watch Maddie dance.
As you said, Chloe is more of a graceful dancer, which suits her. But Maddie is a powerful dance, while still being graceful. I get a lot more emotionally moved watching Maddie dance.

i completely agree, I've always preferred Chloe of Maddie, but i LOVE to watch Maddie dance.
As you said, Chloe is more of a graceful dancer, which suits her. But Maddie is a powerful dance, while still being graceful. I get a lot more emotionally moved watching Maddie dance.

I feel like the Chloe/Maddie debate is similar to Nastia/Shawn in gymnastics. Although oddly, I prefer Shawn's gymnastics typically, but prefer Chloe's dancing for some reason.

Chloe and Maddie have a lot of the same differences as Nastia and Shawn in gymnastics. One is more graceful and elegant, the other more powerful and energetic.

ETA: I just read fierceando88's comment. haha, great minds think alike I guess!

candy apples dance was good, but vivi just ran across the stage back and fourth. i can do that too -____-

the dance that abby lee put together was so good!

also i thought brooke tried out for FCA as well, maybe that will come later on in the season.

I LOVED THAT DANCE. Like I thought it was going to be terrible, but it was my favorite of all the ones they've done.
And the whole thing about Melissa and Abby talking smack about Chloe after she beat Maddie was disgusting. Seriously, you're the adults here?

Back