OT Who's Excited For... Dance Moms Season 2!?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I love Brooke..but I was thinking about this the other day; How the heck did she make Diamonds? She'd never cheered before, and the best tumbling they've shown her doing is a layout/whip. Obvioiusly she's a fabulous dancer and super flexible, but I'm sure her stunting was limited, and she's never had all star experience. Diamonds are so awesome, so kudos to her for making it- but why would they start her out on the highest team when she'd never cheered?

I love Brooke..but I was thinking about this the other day; How the heck did she make Diamonds? She'd never cheered before, and the best tumbling they've shown her doing is a layout/whip. Obvioiusly she's a fabulous dancer and super flexible, but I'm sure her stunting was limited, and she's never had all star experience. Diamonds are so awesome, so kudos to her for making it- but why would they start her out on the highest team when she'd never cheered?
i know brooke has jumps to back (well i think) i was snooping around on youtube and saw her practicing random skills. i could see them pulling someone up with jumps to back and amazing flexibility. It wouldn't be a first i guess, but i understand because i thought the same thing.

A flyer had recently quit and it was an open tryout posted on the website so any one could have tried out. We do have some girls on Diamonds that don't tumble so that wasn't an issue. I think the coaches figured that with her abilities she would pick up the cheer skills quickly.

Anyone else notice that the episode in 2 weeks is titled "Burn, Pom Poms, Burn"....... sounds real promising for the portrayal of Cheerleading for the rest of the season.:rolleyes: 10 bucks says that they make Brooke come back to dance because this new Payton girl doesn't work out, and say that "Brooke just doesn't like cheer. Its not athletic and exciting like dance is......"

Anyone else notice that the episode in 2 weeks is titled "Burn, Pom Poms, Burn"....... sounds real promising for the portrayal of Cheerleading for the rest of the season.:rolleyes: 10 bucks says that they make Brooke come back to dance because this new Payton girl doesn't work out, and say that "Brooke just doesn't like cheer. Its not athletic and exciting like dance is......"
I've heard she really does burn them...:(

I wasn't that impressed with her cheerleading, she looked uncomfortable and out of place. When all the other girls jumped up excited she was like "Eh...whatever...". Also...and I may be wrong but there is a camera shot over the coaches shoulder after she reads the numbers and "24" isn't on it. I have a feeling this was just a big setup and cheer will be raked across the goals it a few weeks. Thanks Lifetime...appreciate it.
Still trying to figure out why we have Toddlers & Tiaras and Dance Moms but no Cheer Moms! I know they can find some moms crazier then the ones they have already!
#TeamChloe over here! She is a much more graceful dancer due to her long lines. Maddie is technically good but her she dances heavier to me (if that makes sense). I wish Christi would move her to an actual ballet company she would probably do awesome.

I wasn't that impressed with her cheerleading, she looked uncomfortable and out of place. When all the other girls jumped up excited she was like "Eh...whatever...". Also...and I may be wrong but there is a camera shot over the coaches shoulder after she reads the numbers and "24" isn't on it. I have a feeling this was just a big setup and cheer will be raked across the goals it a few weeks. Thanks Lifetime...appreciate it.
Still trying to figure out why we have Toddlers & Tiaras and Dance Moms but no Cheer Moms! I know they can find some moms crazier then the ones they have already!
#TeamChloe over here! She is a much more graceful dancer due to her long lines. Maddie is technically good but her she dances heavier to me (if that makes sense). I wish Christi would move her to an actual ballet company she would probably do awesome.
i always privately title chloe and maddie "nastia and shawn", respectively.

Sounds booooring. Yaaawn. Somehow I feel 'Ice Moms' won't get as many views as 'Dance Moms'. Just a hunch.
I feel like dance moms or cheer moms would be the best because they are team sports and moms are always worrying about other people on the team and stuff. Ice skating is individual so I'm not really sure where the moms would find a lot of problems.

as much as i hate hate hate to say it i think having a show about 'cheer moms' would be the worst idea and worst way to go for our sport, considering how hard we all try to be civil to one another at a competition have in mind reality tv is ALL about DRAMA that being said can you imagine them going to a competition having the moms talk crap about routines, the sizes of some athletes, the male cheerleaders anything and everything, as well as some of the cattyness towards suzy not being on level five and omg they have fetus flyers blah blah blah i think it would be terrible promotion/exposure for the athletes coaches and parents

but if anybody wants to make another show like cheerleader nation hey im down

Back