All-Star Yo, Gymtyme Is Not Playing This Year.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was under the impression (possibly incorrectly) that any usasf sanctioned event would fall under Les' legality rulings. yes or no? that being said, not all illegal happenings are caught OR are even known to be illegal in some instances. in the same manner that not all fouls/penalties are caught in any other sport.

I believe the USASF sets the rules and does have some representatives at major events. But enforcement of the rule is up to the Event Producer.

I believe the USASF sets the rules and does have some representatives at major events. But enforcement of the rule is up to the Event Producer.
So under a correct process, if a coach had a technicality issue that he/she wanted verification on, that person would contact Les before the event. Or in the case of high quality event producers, they have USASF legality judges review video submissions before an event as well who also have the opportunity to review with Les before the event. Any questionable items without approval would fall into the "catch me if you can" category....where the coach runs the risk of being caught and penalized with something illegal. Or not caught which we've not had the precedent of something being changed afterwords (nor do I advocate....sorry Susie...you actually got third not first....can you ship back your jacket?etc.).

I don't see how any legality judge or event producer can catch all legality issues. However, I agree that the GT stunt is illegal from the aspect of safety alone.

So under a correct process, if a coach had a technicality issue that he/she wanted verification on, that person would contact Les before the event. Or in the case of high quality event producers, they have USASF legality judges review video submissions before an event as well who also have the opportunity to review with Les before the event. Any questionable items without approval would fall into the "catch me if you can" category....where the coach runs the risk of being caught and penalized with something illegal. Or not caught which we've not had the precedent of something being changed afterwords (nor do I advocate....sorry Susie...you actually got third not first....can you ship back your jacket?etc.).

I don't see how any legality judge or event producer can catch all legality issues. However, I agree that the GT stunt is illegal from the aspect of safety alone.

You also run into the fact that EP's dont want to piss off their customers. So it is in the best interest of the EP to NOT call a legality to not risk upsetting the customer.

Cost aside (cause that is a separate issue) all legalities need to be handled by a USASF representative only. This way rules could be more strictly enforced AND an EP wont risk making anyone upset.

That's the problem though. Prone isn't a cheerleading term so why it supposedly has a different meaning in cheer doesn't make sense. If you're not going to use it in the context it is used in the English language, don't use it at all.
And one doesn't have to write a rulebook to be able to read it.
Please don't take my posts as me bashing GymTyme because I'm not at all. They're a very talented program that just made a mistake. It's the way this situation has been handled that's bothering me.
There's no mistake it's not a prone position nor is it flat on stomach I have much respect

There's no mistake it's not a prone position nor is it flat on stomach I have much respect

By technicality, yes you are correct. As to if it is really prone, yes it is. A flat body position, that is where you get your loophole.

Though I am not sure why you are stuck on this. We have all moved on from this part of it (the specifics of that stunt) and moved onto the importance of situations like this in the industry. What is the standard? What if it had stayed illegal, what does that mean? What does it mean when you go to one competition and a stunt is legal, and another and it is not?

Is the fall in a scorp with the feet slightly down 'safer' than than a release move to prone? Legality aside, it is probably equal the risk. So what do we do about situations where the rule is easily walked around and the safety that the rule was supposed to protect is circumvented.

(let me know if that doesnt appear, ill get it and post at a better place. but it is a release move caught at an angle that ends up in prone.... to floor)

someone can see it... hahahaha. ill do what i can.

She is not caught in prone (or at all for that matter).

Attachments

• is_this_legal.mp4
    320.9 KB · Views: 211
Back