All-Star 2011-2012 Season Advice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

canttouchthis

I'll make u laugh unless ur lookin for a catfight
Feb 5, 2011
Any advice to new or existing members of the cheer world for this new season?
tips about hair makeup tumbling stunting or fierceboarding

i just feel it would be helpful to have a bunch of random but useful tips in one thread.

My tip: i say this all the time when you are warming up and they provide water or gatorade, dont drink to much and dont drink to quickly this will cause cramps and potential puking. it happens all the time, sip the water and drink a good amount but dont fill up on the water.

oh i have a question: do you drink energy drinks before you compete? if so what kind? and what do they do for you?

A lot of girls on my team drink redline, I guess for that sudden burst of energy. Every now and then I drink a redbull or 5 hour energy.

Can I just say that you must be 18 to buy Redline. And it says right on the bottle to only drink half of it at a time, so be careful. And also not to drink it on an empty stomach because it does make you nauseated if you don't. Just my two cents :)

Does Redbull really give you wings?
I doubt it or else so many stunts wouldnt have fallen at worlds :confused:

Can I just say that you must be 18 to buy Redline. And it says right on the bottle to only drink half of it at a time, so be careful. And also not to drink it on an empty stomach because it does make you nauseated if you don't. Just my two cents :)

Redline does nothing for me besides make me nauseous because of the horrible taste.

The mo
oh i have a question: do you drink energy drinks before you compete? if so what kind? and what do they do for you?

I do sometimes drink energy drinks, but I always have candy on me. Yeah may not be good for you but I need to get hyper BEFORE we go into warmups. Once my team goes into warm ups all of the onlookers get me pumped up and give me all of the energy I need.

QUESTION: When I walk onto the floor I turn to mush. My whole body turns into spaghetti and I feel like I am going to just collapse. I dont get a rush of adrenaline or anything. Does anyone else experience this?

QUESTION: When I walk onto the floor I turn to mush. My whole body turns into spaghetti and I feel like I am going to just collapse. I dont get a rush of adrenaline or anything. Does anyone else experience this?

Definitely hate this feeling. You're just like "WAKE UP BODY" it happens to me when I'm sick :/

and redline honestly makes me have to go pee every 10 minutes. I've never had any before a competition.

Definitely hate this feeling. You're just like "WAKE UP BODY" it happens to me when I'm sick :/

and redline honestly makes me have to go pee every 10 minutes. I've never had any before a competition.

Yeah well it happens to me at every comp. Im all excited ready to slay people and then I walk out and just melt.

The WORST feeling is when you're standing there waiting for the music to start, and realize that you have to pee. You know that you're either gonna be able to hold it and make it through the routine or you're going to pee everywhere during your corner pass like a girl who shall remain nameless.

perfect a skill before progressing to another, always stretch even if you're at home, prepare all the necessary things when attending comps especially WORLDS, and don't forget to pray 'coz that's a cheerleader's strongest weapon :) best of luck y'all!

this always happens to me!

Any advice to new or existing members of the cheer world for this new season?
tips about hair makeup tumbling stunting or fierceboarding

i just feel it would be helpful to have a bunch of random but useful tips in one thread.

My tip: i say this all the time when you are warming up and they provide water or gatorade, dont drink to much and dont drink to quickly this will cause cramps and potential puking. it happens all the time, sip the water and drink a good amount but dont fill up on the water.

also, if you get nervous before competitions, dont drink alot of water because it will make you reallly have to pee and you cant do anything about it (trust me, i learned from experience.)

Back