All-Star 2011-2012 Season Advice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When times get tough and you feel stressed or nervous or upset, remember all the little things that made you fall in love with cheerleading. Breathe. Remember that whether it is a showoff, regional, NCA or Worlds, it is still just a competition in the end. A jacket is great, but without all of the practices, hard work and family behind it, it means nothing. Enjoy every moment.

Y
I doubt it or else so many stunts wouldnt have fallen at worlds :confused:

Redline does nothing for me besides make me nauseous because of the horrible taste.

The mo

I do sometimes drink energy drinks, but I always have candy on me. Yeah may not be good for you but I need to get hyper BEFORE we go into warmups. Once my team goes into warm ups all of the onlookers get me pumped up and give me all of the energy I need.

QUESTION: When I walk onto the floor I turn to mush. My whole body turns into spaghetti and I feel like I am going to just collapse. I dont get a rush of adrenaline or anything. Does anyone else experience this?

That is the blood sugar drop from all the sugar you just ate. Save your sugar for holding, or better yet, skip it completely. Sugar levels only stay elevated for about 20 minutes and then they crash leaving you at risk for busting. High sugar during competition can cause shaky flying so be careful.

Y

That is the blood sugar drop from all the sugar you just ate. Save your sugar for holding, or better yet, skip it completely. Sugar levels only stay elevated for about 20 minutes and then they crash leaving you at risk for busting. High sugar during competition can cause shaky flying so be careful.

I would say that you are 100% right but this happens even when I dont eat sugar. It wasnt until recently that I started sugar loading.

Here is my carefully thought out list of Do's and Don't's:
DO:
1. bring a printed copy of the whole competition schedule and highlight where you want to be when. (especially at bigger competitions).
2. bring your uniform carry-on when flying.
3. cheer for everyone.
4. ask me to make you a video! i love making them. ;)

DON'T:
1. don't talk about other teams negatively in public, you never know who is in the booth or stall next to you.
2. don't wear uggs around competitions.
3. don't blame your teammates when something goes wrong. pointing fingers NEVER helps, just causes resentment.

always remember that when you are in uniform you are representing yourself, your team, your coaches, and your entire gym.

Here is my carefully thought out list of Do's and Don't's:
DO:
1. bring a printed copy of the whole competition schedule and highlight where you want to be when. (especially at bigger competitions).
2. bring your uniform carry-on when flying.
3. cheer for everyone.
4. ask me to make you a video! i love making them. ;)

DON'T:
1. don't talk about other teams negatively in public, you never know who is in the booth or stall next to you.
2. don't wear uggs around competitions.
3. don't blame your teammates when something goes wrong. pointing fingers NEVER helps, just causes resentment.

always remember that when you are in uniform you are representing yourself, your team, your coaches, and your entire gym.
i have blamed team members before because it was there fault ahahah

haha. i've had people blame me before because it was my fault. the thing is that i already knew i messed up, i already felt bad about it, and it just made me mad at my teammates.
well this was like 2 years ago we were undefeated and she messed up at cheersport causing us to get 2nd i was mad

practice hard, perform even harder, and have fun. Also this isn't advice but good luck and kill it on that beautiful blue mat(depending on the comp.)

Back