All-Star 2011-2012 Season Advice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why have I never heard this? Poor girl! If you need to go...

Haha we had a mini flyer pee on her bases the other day. Luckily my daughter wasn't basing she would of cried and had a melt down. But her bases were cool with it. Lol it happens

I was told that one of the girls was like what is this? Its wet .. What is it... Like they didn't know .. I'm assuming they didn't catch on to quickly to what that was.. I definitely would of freaked out!!
i would of caught on real quick. i would of dropped her and walked off to sanitize my hands

Drinking energy drinks before competing (or at all) is terrible. All that energy drinks do are increase your heart rate for a very short period of time, and they leave you extremely tired afterward because your sugar level has dropped.(during this time is when you would probably compete) People also feel like they should hardly eat on the day of competing, which is possibly the worst thing that you could do. If you are having trouble having energy at warm ups or on the floor, then I suggest eating something full of the nutrients your body needs 3-4 hours before you compete, so that whenever you are on the floor, the nutrients from this meal have been converted into energy for your body to use, and you will be less tired. ENERGY DRINKS WILL SIMPLY MAKE YOU EVEN MORE TIRED.

The best advice ever is to just live it up and don't stress too much about routines, tumbling, etc. The years of cheer fly by too quickly- so enjoy every moment.

My big 'no-no' rules:
1. DON'T wear uggs...please just leave them at home.
2. Try and keep your tongue in your mouth with facials.
3. No shimmy is better than too much shimmying.
4. Don't talk trash about anyone, save it for the ride home.
And last, 5. Don't take anything for granted in cheerleading, you'll most likely miss it one day.

Oh and parents, please keep your daughters size 24 skin tight miss me's at home and take off your hooker heels...:confused:

Things I've learned while being in Fierceboard Chat:
*Anything you say/do in uniform can and WILL be held against you. Even when you're not in uniform and even IF it was misconstrued, it will also be held against you.
*Ignore anybody who says you shouldn't be excited to get first place (it is a reward of hard work and consistency). BUT be good winners or good not-first-place-teams. Being rude about whatever place you got will NOT endear you to anyone..and it will end up on the Fierceboard.
*Be careful about what you say/tweet/blog on any social media site. It will be found by the board and will be used against you. Often.
*NO UGGS. For the love of all things holy, they are cold weather shoes. If you can wear a skirt and not be cold, you do not need to be in UGGS as well. It defies the rules of fashion..and temperature.
*Don't roll your skirt, don't stick your phone in your skirt (which I'm often tempted to do, I know), don't get all makey-outy with your bf/gf in front of the whole arena, don't walk around like the first stop on the Hot Mess Train..Nobody wants to be 'That Girl' or 'That Couple.' It is awkward, sloppy, and doesn't reflect well on you or your gym.
*Enjoy yourselves...tastefully. Meet new people (not while in the bathroom sick from doing things you shouldn't)..take pictures (that are classy, show you at your best, and will give you great memories)...enjoy your time with your team (and keep it drama-free)..love the sport (but don't let this one aspect make or break you)..find out who you are (without letting others define who you are)..grow as an athlete (while staying safe, happy and healthy).

Things I've learned while being in Fierceboard Chat:
*Anything you say/do in uniform can and WILL be held against you. Even when you're not in uniform and even IF it was misconstrued, it will also be held against you.
*Ignore anybody who says you shouldn't be excited to get first place (it is a reward of hard work and consistency). BUT be good winners or good not-first-place-teams. Being rude about whatever place you got will NOT endear you to anyone..and it will end up on the Fierceboard.
*Be careful about what you say/tweet/blog on any social media site. It will be found by the board and will be used against you. Often.
*NO UGGS. For the love of all things holy, they are cold weather shoes. If you can wear a skirt and not be cold, you do not need to be in UGGS as well. It defies the rules of fashion..and temperature.
*Don't roll your skirt, don't stick your phone in your skirt (which I'm often tempted to do, I know), don't get all makey-outy with your bf/gf in front of the whole arena, don't walk around like the first stop on the Hot Mess Train..Nobody wants to be 'That Girl' or 'That Couple.' It is awkward, sloppy, and doesn't reflect well on you or your gym.
*Enjoy yourselves...tastefully. Meet new people (not while in the bathroom sick from doing things you shouldn't)..take pictures (that are classy, show you at your best, and will give you great memories)...enjoy your time with your team (and keep it drama-free)..love the sport (but don't let this one aspect make or break you)..find out who you are (without letting others define who you are)..grow as an athlete (while staying safe, happy and healthy).
i can relate to all of this stuff, i have either seen or delt with! lol great post ;)

My big 'no-no' rules:
1. DON'T wear uggs...please just leave them at home.
2. Try and keep your tongue in your mouth with facials.
3. No shimmy is better than too much shimmying.
4. Don't talk trash about anyone, save it for the ride home.
And last, 5. Don't take anything for granted in cheerleading, you'll most likely miss it one day.

Oh and parents, please keep your daughters size 24 skin tight miss me's at home and take off your hooker heels...:confused:
Ultimate 'senior moment'. I don't want it to endd ):

I'm in the same boat as you, hunny. I just want to be 18 forever! :(
I'm already mentally preparing to cry for every single one of my cheer 'lasts'. My mom is going to be a wreck by the end of the season hahah

Anyways, I should add a few things:
1. ALWAYS show up to your team meet times at the right time and more importantly, prepared! No one likes the added stress of waiting on someone just minutes before warmups!
2. Stay away from convention center food until AFTER you compete. Granola bars are my best friends during comp season!
3. Make a highlighted schedule for the weekend! If there's multiple arenas, make sure times don't conflict.. this brings me back to number 1 :)
4. If you are going to tweet/post during competitions, make sure you are unbiased, clear, and as accurate as possible. Remember, your the eyes for those of us who can't see the routines! There are several threads about tweeting protocol :)
5. Don't be 'that girl' who was up all night and is tired/cranky at a competition. No one likes her.
6. Be nice to everyone at comps. Remember, you are the impression that people will have forever on your gym. Don't ruin it!
7. Keep stress at a minimum and HAVE FUN! :)

Back