All-Star Best Excuses During Practice....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

this girl on my team decided to sit there and do nothing because her bf cheated on her... she 14 i was like um really!?!?
not as much of an excuse but it made me mad

my senior year a girl said she wasn't coming to practice because her and her bf broke up. i drove to her house and picked her up.
and she had a new boy like, 3 weeks later. she was so terribly depressed....:rolleyes:

my senior year a girl said she wasn't coming to practice because her and her bf broke up. i drove to her house and picked her up.
and she had a new boy like, 3 weeks later. she was so terribly depressed....:rolleyes:
to make it better the guy was on our team the girl he cheatedbwith was on our sr2 and did i meantion he is 17 so theres a three year difference and they did this like 4 times and they would make out in the gym and i was in their group it was gross ugh

CaeLuvs2Cheer and Mamarazzi just because I always have to be right...:p:D

Little girl came to practice last week KNOWING full well that she was sick and probably had norovirus. Then she missed competition instead of missing practice because she didn't stay her butt home when she should have and ended up twice as sick.

Now? You guessed it - basically the whole team is sick and we have an out of town competition this weekend. So thanks to this mom thinking hand sanitizer was magical, my cp has had a fever of 104 for 3 days and has been puking all over the place.

I would much rather you miss practice than competition. Really. And I'd really rather not have my whole family have norovirus. I understand how important practice is (believe me, I paid it forward last night and took my cp right to practice since no one else seems to care what they spread around) but seriously...can y'all keep your strep, norovirus, walking pneumonia, etc. at home???:help:
I see your point and was in no way trying to dismiss it or say that you weren't making valid points. I see what you mean. Obviously if you have pneumonia or strep STAY HOME. Those you MUST be on antibiotics for and Pneumonia can get way too serious too fast. Strep you MUST be on antibiotics for AT LEAST 24 hrs and must wait until your fever has gone down before you go any place else. i'm not saying go and get everyone sick. If you're fever is super high (102 or higher) stay home. That's what I do. If you're fever is over 102 no one should be going any where.

Half of our gym is sick right now, but that's only because the virus is going around. We have competition this weekend and next. Both comps are 2 day comps, and our last one is out of state.

I was in no way saying that hand sanitizer is "magical" and will 100% protect you from getting sick or spreading germs. But you also have to remember that people carry germs with them several days before actually becoming ill themselves, and some people don't get ill. Are you positive your child didn't get it from someone at school? You can never be sure because you never know who is carrying germs with them, and that person may not even know they have germs until they themselves become ill.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm not trying to be right, I'm just making a point. People get sick all the time, it's something we cannot control. I'm sorry your cp is sick and I hope that her and her team feel better fast. I'm also sorry that that child missed a comp instead of a practice, but it's not my fault that she did, I don't control her actions. I also don't control the fact that the little girl and her parents knew how sick she was and didn't do anything about it. It's not my fault or choice that she did that. She could have chosen to stay home and some people do. People at my gym stay home all the time despite the rule, which coaches and athletes all understand will happen depending on how sick a person is.

Good luck at your competitions for the rest of the season.

CaeLuvs2Cheer said:
I see your point and was in no way trying to dismiss it or say that you weren't making valid points. I see what you mean. Obviously if you have pneumonia or strep STAY HOME. Those you MUST be on antibiotics for and Pneumonia can get way too serious too fast. Strep you MUST be on antibiotics for AT LEAST 24 hrs and must wait until your fever has gone down before you go any place else. i'm not saying go and get everyone sick. If you're fever is super high (102 or higher) stay home. That's what I do. If you're fever is over 102 no one should be going any where.

Half of our gym is sick right now, but that's only because the virus is going around. We have competition this weekend and next. Both comps are 2 day comps, and our last one is out of state.

I was in no way saying that hand sanitizer is "magical" and will 100% protect you from getting sick or spreading germs. But you also have to remember that people carry germs with them several days before actually becoming ill themselves, and some people don't get ill. Are you positive your child didn't get it from someone at school? You can never be sure because you never know who is carrying germs with them, and that person may not even know they have germs until they themselves become ill.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm not trying to be right, I'm just making a point. People get sick all the time, it's something we cannot control. I'm sorry your cp is sick and I hope that her and her team feel better fast. I'm also sorry that that child missed a comp instead of a practice, but it's not my fault that she did, I don't control her actions. I also don't control the fact that the little girl and her parents knew how sick she was and didn't do anything about it. It's not my fault or choice that she did that. She could have chosen to stay home and some people do. People at my gym stay home all the time despite the rule, which coaches and athletes all understand will happen depending on how sick a person is.

Good luck at your competitions for the rest of the season.

I don't think she ever blamed you for anything. She was just pointing out exactly what you reiterated back to her.
We all pretty much agree on the varying degrees of what constitutes a valid excuse to miss for illnesses.

I don't think she ever blamed you for anything. She was just pointing out exactly what you reiterated back to her.
We all pretty much agree on the varying degrees of what constitutes a valid excuse to miss for illnesses.
I meant I didn't mean the comment earlier about the hand sanitizer in the way that she said that the other mom (who brought their cp to practice ill) meant it as. She said, "So thanks to this mom thinking hand sanitizer was magical, my cp has had a fever of 104 for 3 days and has been puking all over the place."
I just meant that I wasn't trying to make it sound like (with my comment above) that it was in any way an excuse for not taking other precautions.
I don't exactly know how to explain what I meant--sorry for any/the confusion.
ETA

Back