All-Star Best Excuses During Practice....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well I suppose if you are a genie and just wish yourself into the gym without touching a door or speaking to everyone you see to tell them why you are sitting out, then they should be fine. I've never seen this happen though.:cool: #SmartYouKnowWhat

Well, if your Mom's with you, she can tell everyone why you're sitting out, hold the door for you, and really, one would hope you've washed your hands since the last time you hacked up a lung on them...this doesn't apply to stomach flu, though.

a girl on my youth team come up to the office window a couple of weeks ago and says she cant practice because she hurt her ankle in gym class, her mom even left a voicemail and a text telling me not to let her practice! (mind you this child always seems to have a problem) i walk out of the office to start practice and she has a boot on!!! needless to say i didnt let her practice...next thing i know her boot is off shes begging me to let her tumble, and shes calling her mom on her cell phone to tell her to call me to let her tumble!!! i dont think so sweetie, i made her sit the entire practice and watch the team....guess who came to the next practice perfectly fine.... UGH!

a girl on my youth team come up to the office window a couple of weeks ago and says she cant practice because she hurt her ankle in gym class, her mom even left a voicemail and a text telling me not to let her practice! (mind you this child always seems to have a problem) i walk out of the office to start practice and she has a boot on!!! needless to say i didnt let her practice...next thing i know her boot is off shes begging me to let her tumble, and shes calling her mom on her cell phone to tell her to call me to let her tumble!!! i dont think so sweetie, i made her sit the entire practice and watch the team....guess who came to the next practice perfectly fine.... UGH!
ugh, i did that with my concussion. i cant STAND sitting out, so I didnt even when I probably shouldve.

With the cold thing...I've used that one!

Our heating broke in January, there was snow outside and according to the thermometer it got down to -5 degrees in our gym. :eek: We had a 3 hour practice, and after about 2 hours we were all pretty much on the verge of tears. I was basing baskets, and my hands were blue, the skin got ripped off it was that cold. We tried libs, but I genuinely couldn't feel the flyers feet at all, and neither could she.

Needless to say, after our practice the gym got shut until the heating was fixed. It was the most godawful practice I've ever experienced!

You also don't always need to give every 24 hour flu you get to 30 other people. :p
My gym has a hand sanitizer dispenser right next to our gym door. We are asked to use it before we touch the gym door and go into the gym, especially if we are sick. And people do use it.

What about requiring Dr's releases (unless the injury is reported with a Dr's excusal note for a specific length restriction - ex. 2 weeks) for return to play once physical injuries have been reported? Paperwork limits liability and shows good faith attempts not to endanger freshly injured kids, and puts a damper on "I can't xxxx, I'm 'injured'" because the parents won't wanna take the kid to get a medical release for an "injury" they put on to cover laziness or misaligned priorities.

We had a slow practice once, the practice right after a competition and there wasn't another comp till the end of the next month... So we were working on individual tumbling skills scattered throughout the gym, and two people secretly LEFT practice to go to Sonic! They walked back in an HOUR later, (only 30 minutes of practice left) and the coach FLIPPED! Their excuse was "We don't need to work on our tumbling, and we got bored." OH the coaches were FURIOUS, weird enough, they weren't kicked off but then after the season was done they left and went to another gym...

And another excuse that I always use, in a joking matter, is that I am too flawless and I don't need to work on my tumbling! Lol, the coach thinks it's funny and I do end up doing the skill anyways, but I think its a good excuse ;)

Not really an excuse, but one girl sprains her wrist and has to wear a brace. Next practice, best friend MUST wear a brace too.

CaeLuvs2Cheer and Mamarazzi just because I always have to be right...:p:D

Little girl came to practice last week KNOWING full well that she was sick and probably had norovirus. Then she missed competition instead of missing practice because she didn't stay her butt home when she should have and ended up twice as sick.

Now? You guessed it - basically the whole team is sick and we have an out of town competition this weekend. So thanks to this mom thinking hand sanitizer was magical, my cp has had a fever of 104 for 3 days and has been puking all over the place.

I would much rather you miss practice than competition. Really. And I'd really rather not have my whole family have norovirus. I understand how important practice is (believe me, I paid it forward last night and took my cp right to practice since no one else seems to care what they spread around) but seriously...can y'all keep your strep, norovirus, walking pneumonia, etc. at home???:help:

The one and only time I've ever used an excuse was when I was about 15 minutes late for practice. I came in and ran up to my coach and said, "Coach!! I am so sorry that I am late but on the way to practice I got lost in the woods picking flowers for your birthday bouquet!!" (Then I pulled out a bouquet since it was her birthday) She thought it was funny, so I got away with it. :cool:

on my HS team last year we were stunting on the track at a football game & someone dropped their flyer directly on her ankle, and she sprained it. The excuse? "My hair got caught on the rubber of her shoe so I just dropped her."
NEVER,never,NEVER drop your flyer!!

Sidenote: If you're going to puke, DON'T DO IT ON THE MAT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Sorry about the yelling. :) If someone blows chunks on the mat, I will probably do the same. At least try to run to the bathroom.
also, when a 6 year old yells over the music that she is going to be sick...that means that she is going to puke on the mat, on other girls, and in your hands literally 5 seconds later...

Haha...I totally got barfed on by a 5 yr old at practice a few weeks ago since I'm the non-squeamish coach and picked her up and ran to protect the floor. I'm so used to Tinys and Minis telling me their blly hurts that I didn't take it seriously until I heard her tart to make retching sounds...lesson learned

this girl on my team decided to sit there and do nothing because her bf cheated on her... she 14 i was like um really!?!?
not as much of an excuse but it made me mad

Back