All-Star Cheer Music & Copyright Laws...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

By in the waiting I mean nothing is really happening. Producers have gotten letters from the RIAA, but charges haven't been pressed on anyone yet.
but basically producers won't be able to do what they're doing anymore w/o paying the proper licensing fees for next season then? Or at least legally and/or allowed to be played at major comps like UCA, NCA, and Worlds?

Some producers are getting cease and desist letters from the RIAA. NCA, UCA etc... have a piad license that allows the music too be played. The issue at hand deals more with producers using artists songs to create mixes and selling them to make profit---unauthorized distribution. All stupid. Like they don't make enough money as it is...
On the flip side am I supposed to feel sorry for the cheer music producers charging $1,000 for an illegal product?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

but basically producers won't be able to do what they're doing anymore w/o paying the proper licensing fees for next season then? Or at least legally and/or allowed to be played at major comps like UCA, NCA, and Worlds?
Depends on how far they take it.

On the flip side am I supposed to feel sorry for the cheer music producers charging $1,000 for an illegal product?

You don't have to feel anything. But I guess producers could obtain the copyrights and then charge you $5000 if you prefer.

You need to understand producers never saw it that way. As far as I am concerned what I do falls under the fair use act when it comes to music. I charge for a service, not for songs.

Xtreme... You think a team will wait 4-8 weeks to hear if they requested will be allowed to Bevin the mix? You can't just "pay for rights " you have to request the rights and then they can deny your request. And then you have to pay...so now it's going to cost more then it already does to produce a mix...because it cost so much to get the rights to multiple songs...the answer is original mixes from top to bottom

Depends on how far they take it.
Yeah I'll guess we'll see- I'm at my dad's now and we discussed it like 5 min ago...lol
He said the broadcast ones like NCA, worlds etc def pay their fees to have them played...and that the producers will have to start paying them if they want to sell them :/

No ones going to have to start paying anything unless people start turning people in. And the cheerleading can't afford a "legal" mix it's going to cost more then a Patrick mix.

No ones going to have to start paying anything unless people start turning people in. And the cheerleading can't afford a "legal" mix it's going to cost more then a Patrick mix.

It does not come down to anyone "turning in people" Cheer mixes are already on the RIAA radar. RIAA is sees $$$$ signs and will pursue if they feel it is worth it. Look what they did to file sharing.

Yeah I'll guess we'll see- I'm at my dad's now and we discussed it like 5 min ago...lol
He said the broadcast ones like NCA, worlds etc def pay their fees to have them played...and that the producers will have to start paying them if they want to sell them :/
It's more than that. Simply paying the fees to allow them to be played will not authorize us to distribute the mixes. Like Star Status said someone needs to be turning people in. And yes cheer music is on the RIAA radar but I highly doubt it is their priority.

Back