All-Star Confessions Of A Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, I thought the same thing. When I got off the stage at my last competition I was bawling. And now, to tell you the truth, I dont miss it as much as I thought I would. Im slowing becoming less addicted. I rarely check fierce board anymore, Im not in the gym coaching as much anymore either. Maybe its because Im still able to super senior this year so I know I can go back if I wanted, but who knows.
:(

I just have this pet peeve about it. Expecially during football season, just for some reason it gets on my last nerves when our girls wear their warm up jacket that says "varsity cheer" and their name on it every day. Maybe its because my coach freshman year didn't allow it so i was never allowed to do it, and now that she's gone and we are allowed a couple of girls do it, but the last 2 years it just bugs me when they wear them every day. I understand wearing them on game days, but there are a few girls who wear them every single day and then part of it is they try to rub it in someone elses face that they're cheerleaders like people at our school actually care... I'm all for game days and every once in awhile, and of course competition sweatshirts and stuff are okay... but they'll even wear a cute outfit and have their jacket covering it. i just don't understand.... Just my opinion though. :p

The JV girls at my school literally lived in twit jackets. Like I swear they probably slept in them. We made sure that once they got to varsity that wa not allowed!

I wasn't allowed to cheer my senior year of university and I couldn't handle not being given the opportunity to know it was my last competition so I've joined an allstar team again now that I've graduated just because I feel totally deprived of being allowed to step on to the mat knowing it was my last time.

I've been cheering for 8-9 years and the best tumble I can do is a cartwheel...

When I lived in America my junior year of college I seriously considered going to Worlds alone against my parents wishes. They would have killed me when they found out and I decided it wasn't worth it but looking back I really wish I'd gone :(

My hardest confession to make is that I've kind of given up hope of ever going to Worlds. I try and convince myself that I'll get there one day but every year I make plans and every year they fall apart. Don't think I'll even bother trying next year.

I self taught myself a BWO, and i thought i was so cool... that was before i heard of L5 tumbling...

I hate it when girls who have been cheering for 1-2 years and are already on level 5 team, and here i am, 7 years w/ and *almost* BHS (working on it)

I hate having to do poofs for competitions, because i have baby hairs that are apparently "non-hairsprayable) so i look like a mess....

Honestly, I thought the same thing. When I got off the stage at my last competition I was bawling. And now, to tell you the truth, I dont miss it as much as I thought I would. Im slowing becoming less addicted. I rarely check fierce board anymore, Im not in the gym coaching as much anymore either. Maybe its because Im still able to super senior this year so I know I can go back if I wanted, but who knows.

Consider yourself lucky. I get sucked in even harder every time I try to walk away.

1. I honestly don't understand the t shirt that says 'Full out are the only words in my vocabulary' or the quotes on Instagram basically saying how full outs are the greatest thing in the world. Whenever my coach tells us to do a full out I die a little inside

2. The very first thing I do when I come to practice is look for my stunt group. If they're not all there I'm cheering at the top of my lungs cause I'm so happy

3. I know coaches know that the most tiring thing in a routine is jumps. I will forever feel they just make us do it to torture us.

4. I can't stand how unfit my high school team is. On days we don't have practice we work out ( my coach is a kickbox instructor) for about 30 minutes. Within the first 30 seconds-I kid you not- there are people already slacking off and whining just about running in place. No wonder why we get laughed at.

5. I'm so tired of my coaches already deciding to place me in the back of the dance before choreo starts. It's so hard to show off my dance skills when I'm either in a nugget or just doing a high V. And NO, you cant 'werk' a high v.

My sister is going to Hawaii for her senior trip.... I'll probably go to Worlds for mine, if I can talk my parents into it.

I got ecstatic when I got my left bow and arrow. I'm the oddball who self taught the right instead of left. So now I have both bow and arrows and I empressed my mom, who normally writes me off when I talk cheer since its a lot

Yay! I made my own stunt sequence with both. Right bow and arrow to left heel stretch back to right bow and arrow, full around scale to left bow and arrow full around left heel stretch scorpion arabesque scale. Yeah TG's large coed music has an inspiration in me
Haha! I made one to Charlotte Teal's haha! i can't do any left back stretches (scorp,scale, not even aero)

Back