All-Star Confessions Of A Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1. So, not trying to sound cheesy, but, cheerleading is one of the few things I actually care about
  2. I always feel really self-conscious in crop tops...
  3. I Judge based on uniforms
  4. Glitter is my favorite part of everything
  5. I hate Jammy. With my entire soul.
  6. My mom and I fight over cheer hair.
  7. My dad and I fight over cheer being a sport.
  8. I overstretch on comp days

I honestly can't stand it when our high school girls wear their cheer jackets when it's not game day. I don't know why... it's just my pet peeve...
It drives me crazy too. Especially since we aren't allowed to wear it at my school, but people do. It actually bothers me the most when its Friday so there's a varsity game, and then the JV cheerleaders wear their jackets... because it's not their game! its ours! And we don't get to wear our jackets when they have games...

I once made "good-luck"-presents for a team. And while making them I said the whole time that I wish that the team would do REALLY bad. Well, they placed last and I didn't even feel bad about it.

I use my asthma as an excuse to get water from those huge water dispenser things when no one else from my team gets to go over because there isn't enough time. Sometimes I don't even really need a drink that bad.

1. If I had to chose between meeting Jason Derulo (my dream husband) and going to worlds, worlds would win hands down.
2. I have 226 cheer mixes on my phone.
3. I cried when my doctor told me I won't be able to participate at cheer practice until they find out what's wrong with me (I get unexpected seizures and get really bad headaches).
4. They still don't know what's wrong but I still participate at cheer practice and go to tumbling classes.
5. I print screen every Facebook like, comment, conversation, or tweet I get from my favourite cheerleaders. To name a few these include Josh Stamper, Jay Hollman and Gabi Butler.
6. I own more cheer t-shirts than any other shirt.
7. I left the gym I'm currently at 2 seasons ago because I didn't like the owner; I rejoined this season when she left.
8. I have worn my old gyms warmup and a bow to a competition to get in for free...numerous times.
9. I have witnessed this sport grow rapidly in the UK over the past 6 years. At competitions I attended 5 seasons ago there were divisions no higher than Level 3.
10. I want to be a Twinkle.

1.I spend more $ on shipping US gyms' shirts to England than I do on college books.
2. I own more pairs of Nfinitys than I do heels.
3.While at our hotel at worlds, my friend and I convinced a group of 7 American teenagers staying at the hotel that we were from the USA because it sounded so much fun at the time-we convinced them well!
4.I missed the Royal wedding to go and watch worlds and I don't even care.
5.I convinced my parents 2 years ago that going to watch worlds would be a once in a lifetime opportunity..this will be my third year going...and I convinced my parents to join me this year but they'll be leaving me at worlds for the weekend for a beach holiday.
6. I also convinced my parents this year that it would be necessary for me to stay at allstar sports so they have booked me my own room on worlds weekend. WINNING.

I honestly can't stand it when our high school girls wear their cheer jackets when it's not game day. I don't know why... it's just my pet peeve...
Not gonna lie, i'm really confused about this. I literally live in my fleece, sweatshirts, and puffy coat from cheer. Can I have you elaborate on this a little? haha

Not gonna lie, i'm really confused about this. I literally live in my fleece, sweatshirts, and puffy coat from cheer. Can I have you elaborate on this a little? haha
I just have this pet peeve about it. Expecially during football season, just for some reason it gets on my last nerves when our girls wear their warm up jacket that says "varsity cheer" and their name on it every day. Maybe its because my coach freshman year didn't allow it so i was never allowed to do it, and now that she's gone and we are allowed a couple of girls do it, but the last 2 years it just bugs me when they wear them every day. I understand wearing them on game days, but there are a few girls who wear them every single day and then part of it is they try to rub it in someone elses face that they're cheerleaders like people at our school actually care... I'm all for game days and every once in awhile, and of course competition sweatshirts and stuff are okay... but they'll even wear a cute outfit and have their jacket covering it. i just don't understand.... Just my opinion though. :p

I just have this pet peeve about it. Expecially during football season, just for some reason it gets on my last nerves when our girls wear their warm up jacket that says "varsity cheer" and their name on it every day. Maybe its because my coach freshman year didn't allow it so i was never allowed to do it, and now that she's gone and we are allowed a couple of girls do it, but the last 2 years it just bugs me when they wear them every day. I understand wearing them on game days, but there are a few girls who wear them every single day and then part of it is they try to rub it in someone elses face that they're cheerleaders like people at our school actually care... I'm all for game days and every once in awhile, and of course competition sweatshirts and stuff are okay... but they'll even wear a cute outfit and have their jacket covering it. i just don't understand.... Just my opinion though. :p
Oh okay I gotcha! I think it may just seem strange to me because everyone at my school wears their jackets for everything no matter what sport/band/choir/plays etc. I think its like how I hate when teams wear uggs with their uniforms and but its just because our old coach was so against it.

I still have at least a year and a half left...but knowing that one day I'll step out onto that blue mat for the last time makes me cry. I've literally burst into tears in public settings just thinking about it. I don't get how you can do something you're so passionate about for years on end and just...stop. It's not supposed to work like that...

I still have at least a year and a half left...but knowing that one day I'll step out onto that blue mat for the last time makes me cry. I've literally burst into tears in public settings just thinking about it. I don't get how you can do something you're so passionate about for years on end and just...stop. It's not supposed to work like that...
My exact thoughts every day.

I've lied every year of college and said I've been on a team competing at Worlds to move my finals and be able to go watch. I've been very lucky to have professors that let me take the final early in their office or with a different section or something.

Barring a lottery win though, I won't be attending this year. It will be weird to take my finals at their scheduled times and not have to worry about moving them all around.

Back