All-Star Confessions Of A Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1. It drives me crazy when teams wear knee socks, I just cant take them seriously, they remind me of rec teams​
2. I hate to admit it, but I have cheated on conditioning before​
3. Competitive cheerleading means the world to me, without it I honestly wouldn't have a life​
4. I busted my tumbling one time at cheersport nationals and cried for like 10 minutes after I came off stage​
5. I cried again the very next day when my team won nationals​

1. It drives me crazy when teams wear knee socks, I just cant take them seriously, they remind me of rec teams​
4. I busted my tumbling one time at cheersport nationals and cried for like 10 minutes after I came off stage​
The knee socks thing - ME TOO. It doesn't really remind me of rec teams though, I think it looks kind of tacky.
At US Finals my last year of all star, the girl who tumbled before me went late and I almost ran into her, it freaked me out and I touched on my tuck. I cried for like 15 minutes. I told everyone I was upset at myself, but really, I was FURIOUS with the girl who went before me (also, 2 of her stunts fell.) I stayed mad at her for like 3 weeks. not that I showed it, but inside....

I kind of like when high school teams wear the higher ankle socks (think Green Up County). But it takes a certain kind of team / uniform to wear them. Clean ( and difficult) routines with clean uniforms.

And I always swore I would never like the plainer (is that even a word?) uniforms for HS teams but as I've grown up I like the flashy, more stripe-y uniforms less and the clean ones more and more.

I've had a concussion for almost six weeks and am afraid to go back because I'm afraid of getting injured again/ afraid I'm not fully healed.

Cat Haley is my biggest inspiration and I hope one day I can SS on Orange like she's doing.

I feel like I'm holding my team back

I feel like other teams will judge mine because we're 4.2

I, along with half of my old gym switched gyms this season and I'm happy I'm never going back to that gym, even though my best memories were created at that gym.

I can't compete unless I pray

My cheer shoes have lasted me three seasons, and I haven't worn any other shoe to practice or competition except for one time, at which we lost.

Spirit fest and battle at the boardwalk aren't huge nationals, but I won both of those and us finals last season, and I consider myself a 2x national champion & a US champion.

I rarely ever say anything on the fierce board anymore, but I'm constantly reading it.

I can't wait to see Orange at cheersport along with all my other favorite gyms, but I wish CEA would be there.

I really don't like needles.... I mean, I admire the flexibility required to do one, but I think that it's prettier when it's like not a dorito but not a needle... sort of in between, a really good scorp, but not a straight leg. I prefer to see one with the leg bent a little bit. Something about it is just prettier to me.

I kind of like when high school teams wear the higher ankle socks (think Green Up County). But it takes a certain kind of team / uniform to wear them. Clean ( and difficult) routines with clean uniforms.
This! I've always loved that look and wanted to do it. But thats not my teams style at all. It doesn't really fit the personality of the girls on my teams either so i've kept the suggestion to myself. :(

This! I've always loved that look and wanted to do it. But thats not my teams style at all. It doesn't really fit the personality of the girls on my teams either so i've kept the suggestion to myself. :(
I brought it up to a friend who's still on the high school team (I graduated last year) and she was like Ewww no way! It's definitely not my teams style but I just love it! My college teammates would probably also disagree.

My confession is that I definitely snuck into the milk house this year at Worlds. It's not really that juicy but its a funny story. my friend & I were so mad that we couldn't get in, so we walked around the milkhouse and saw security standing at almost every door. When we saw a staff door, it was unlocked so we just went in. We ended up behind the stage (f5 had just gotten off and were sitting down watching their performance right by us). We went the other way, & approached a lady and told her we were helping one of the international teams and were trying to get into warmups and ended up here.. She lead us to the elevator, told us the codes to enter and we ended up going right up into the warmup room... so we just walked out and into the stands. Oops.......

Okay, here we go.
-I hate when teams have pink as one of their colors. I don't know why, it just bothers me.
-I don't eat at all during or before competitions because I'm scared It'll make me look fat in my uniform.
-I hate when teams jump around and cheer when they know they got first when the team that gets second is called.
-Our team makes us wear bright red lipstick, but i think it looks terrible with our orange and blue uniforms.
-I hate when cheerleaders who are on a higher level team look down on cheerleaders who are on a lower level team.
-I hate the disgustingly fatty foods they offer at competitions. Hello? We're athletes! If I eat this, I'll probably gain 10 pounds.
-I hate when girls walk around at competitions with their phones hanging out of their tops/skirts.
-My dream team is Top Gun.
-I quit competitive iceskating for all-star cheer.
-I always have to pee before performing, but forget after.

I've had a concussion for almost six weeks and am afraid to go back because I'm afraid of getting injured again/ afraid I'm not fully healed.

Cat Haley is my biggest inspiration and I hope one day I can SS on Orange like she's doing.

I feel like I'm holding my team back

I feel like other teams will judge mine because we're 4.2

I, along with half of my old gym switched gyms this season and I'm happy I'm never going back to that gym, even though my best memories were created at that gym.

I can't compete unless I pray

My cheer shoes have lasted me three seasons, and I haven't worn any other shoe to practice or competition except for one time, at which we lost.

Spirit fest and battle at the boardwalk aren't huge nationals, but I won both of those and us finals last season, and I consider myself a 2x national champion & a US champion.

I rarely ever say anything on the fierce board anymore, but I'm constantly reading it.

I can't wait to see Orange at cheersport along with all my other favorite gyms, but I wish CEA would be there.
My daughter had concussion in February it took time but she finally just went back. Don't give up!

-I REALLY want to coach an all-star team after I graduate, even if it's just a mini team. But I'm afraid no one would hire me.
-I feel like people look down on me because I have no tumbling even though I've been cheering for about 4 years.
-I'm a back spot, but I hate counting for my stunt group! I feel like I sound awkward when I count..? lol. Or sometimes I'm worried that I'll count too slow or too fast and mess my group up!

Back