Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did you take the Pledge?

• Yes

Votes: 68 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
joking aside i do have a real story obviously.

when i was little i always knew i liked boys they were cute. as i got older i knew it but rejected it heavily 6-7th grade year i knew i was "BI" but i didnt tell anyone until 8th grade year and i told my gf at the time. lol and she said okay whatever she was too. but then i came in my freshman year and i went to a private christian school at the time. there was no gay people allowed and i told a few people and more and more until finally i just told everyone the summer i left the school. no one really cared. the only person to care in my family was my mom. heaven forbid she still refuses to recognize it. but i dont care anymore. no one seems to have an issue with it though. i have a pretty easy life :)

I came out summer of my freshman year in high school...I didn't want my 4yrs of high school to be a lie. Yes it was hard at times but it gets better. Be comfortable with who you are, love yourself, live honestly, & people will NOT care about your sexuality. We are all the same- we all fight for what we believe in.

I love this thread!

5fqf4x.jpg
oh i had too. tumblr is life.

I didn't miss the point of anything. I stated first thing that I support the pledge and I support this thread. What I don't support is when people put other people's business out there. You may think you're anonymous on a message board and that's besides the point (even though that's probably not true). In my opinion, it doesn't matter if the girl has a rainbow flag tattooed to her forehead and wears a t-shirt that says "I'm a Foster Child". It's not your business or story to tell, especially as her coach. That's my point.

I am a true believer in judging people by their character and their heart, not by some label that society may place on them.
That's really interesting, since you seem to be judging me quite a bit by what I've written, without knowing the type of person I am in real life. Sorry, but I live in reality. The world is a messed up place, and everyone has some kind of struggles to overcome. Ignoring problems and sweeping them under the rug doesn't make them go away. Being open and honest about these things it what removes the stigma from them and allows them to be properly handled. I've found that people who choose not to address problems- personal, societal, or otherwise- tend to have larger issues in life. This thread is for spreading tolerance and understanding, yes about gay people like myself and my cheerleader, but also other "minorities" as well. Her story IS a reality, as are many of the issues I've posted on here in the past. I've either posted about situations I've seen or situations that I know exist, for the purpose of either A) being able to help the person in that situation or B) being able to help others understand that they may have pretty easy in life compared to what it could be. People can learn a lot by hearing these stories, and as long as I'm not putting her personal information out there (name, address, telephone number, photograph, team name, blood type, etc) or saying something derogatory about her, then no harm is done

Being gay is not something shameful that needs to be hidden, neither is being in foster care. I don't think that any situation we enter in life that is beyond our control is something that needs to be quieted. This is a reality that people face, and being able to discuss them openly is how we grow as a society. JMHO:)

That's really interesting, since you seem to be judging me quite a bit by what I've written, without knowing the type of person I am in real life. Sorry, but I live in reality. The world is a messed up place, and everyone has some kind of struggles to overcome. Ignoring problems and sweeping them under the rug doesn't make them go away. Being open and honest about these things it what removes the stigma from them and allows them to be properly handled. I've found that people who choose not to address problems- personal, societal, or otherwise- tend to have larger issues in life. This thread is for spreading tolerance and understanding, yes about gay people like myself and my cheerleader, but also other "minorities" as well. Her story IS a reality, as are many of the issues I've posted on here in the past. I've either posted about situations I've seen or situations that I know exist, for the purpose of either A) being able to help the person in that situation or B) being able to help others understand that they may have pretty easy in life compared to what it could be. People can learn a lot by hearing these stories, and as long as I'm not putting her personal information out there (name, address, telephone number, photograph, team name, blood type, etc) or saying something derogatory about her, then no harm is done

Being gay is not something shameful that needs to be hidden, neither is being in foster care. I don't think that any situation we enter in life that is beyond our control is something that needs to be quieted. This is a reality that people face, and being able to discuss them openly is how we grow as a society. JMHO:)
i think she was just saying that the kids stuff didnt needed to be posted on here. nothing about the fact that she was a lesbian but the fact that she was a foster child and that it wasnt appropriate in her eyes to be posted by someone other than the girl

i think she was just saying that the kids stuff didnt needed to be posted on here. nothing about the fact that she was a lesbian but the fact that she was a foster child and that it wasnt appropriate in her eyes to be posted by someone other than the girl
I hear ya... i just didnt feel like i was giving away personal info. i mean those details were pretty vague, and she's an adult. Plus, as has been previously mentioned, it's important to consider my intentions with posting that. I mean "rude"? Thats a little much. If I had said "This girl Shaqueeta who cheers on my team at Peanut Butter University is a nasty lez who doesn't shave her legs and walks around eating beef jerky all day while blasting a Tori Amos album. She's also failing all of her classes because she's stupid, and the only thing she's ever read is the inside cover of the L Word DVD." Then I could see her point lol ;)

Anyway, woo! No more threadjacking... more people post please:):)

I have to say this is my favorite thread. I am not homosexual but many of my friends are and hearing people say gay slurs is very hurtful to me. The stories that have been posted so far are amazing. I'm sure ya'll are helping so many people!

NOH8!

Back